Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello I'm looking for friends!

Options
  • 15-07-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi!
    I guess this might be awkward but I'll try anyway..

My name is eunyoung. I'm Korean. Now I live in Seoul, South Korea, but this summer(July 17th to August 21th) I'm going to go Galway. So I would like to meet people who wants to be comic artist, illustrator or artist and show each other's works and have fun! I've maden 4 comics myself(not official with my own money)

My homepages are
    [url]Http://kilix.byus.net[/url]
    http://dmsdud.deviantart.com/
    My mail is
    iamkilix@gmail.com

I'm still not sure I can use this message board for searching friends. but I really want to meet future Irish artists :)

oh and I'm 22 years old but I don't care about ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Hey honey, I hope you enjoy your time in Ireland - can't say much for the weather here of late, pack for rain/sun/rain/hail/rain/pretty much anything.

Not sure who on this boards is galway based, might want to try posting in the regional boards, i'm pretty sure theres one for galway city.

Galway is a pretty arty town, I've a number of friends who do ceramics there, not sure how big the comic artist/illustrator scene is. There is a comic book shop in Galway called Sub City [its in a shopping center in the center of town, can give you better directions if you want] so there are comic readers knocking about. Creativeireland.com is another forum you might want to try posting in as well.

Also Irelands pretty small so you can travel around, you can get the bus/train to dublin in less then 3 hours. Some of us on boards were taking about a comic jam meet up in august but not sure if thats still going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Comic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been thinking we haven't done one in ages, how about one with a Korean special guest? Early August? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Dude, your art is amazing! Really awesome style. You're definetely going places...

the Shades wrote:
    Comic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been thinking we haven't done one in ages, how about one with a Korean special guest? Early August? :D

Well pick a date and place and tell people

How about august 11th in eh.... a pub! I'm too tired to think of more details and thumb always picks the best pubs anyway! :p

• Advertisement

the Shades wrote:
    How about august 11th in eh.... a pub! I'm too tired to think of more details and thumb always picks the best pubs anyway! :p

I knew you were going to say the 11th......weekend of the 11th is out for me I've got to go to the caption comic con in oxford and pimp my wares :)

Right, make it a week earlier on the 4th. Executive decision return to the haunting ground of the ast Jam and head to the Duke pub on Duke St. for 8pm - 8:30pm. I may even go as far as assuming the entire ztoical role and bring along some comics and interesting tit bits I've found recently :D

Anyone who argues can...

start now!

the Shades wrote:
    Right, make it a week earlier on the 4th. Executive decision return to the haunting ground of the ast Jam and head to the Duke pub on Duke St. for 8pm - 8:30pm. I may even go as far as assuming the entire ztoical role and bring along some comics and interesting tit bits I've found recently :D

Anyone who argues can...

start now!

then round up the troops and give them the info :D

might want to start a new thread as i don't think everyone is going to check this one.

I'd guessed that, so I'll start a new thread right after I read all the others lol

Advertisement