Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse, Nassau Street

Options
  • 15-07-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Didnt realise pubs still could do this - refusing entry because you arent dressed properly?

Problem was I was only verbally told of a dress code, there was nowt visible to that effect.

Twas funny when it happened (havent been refused entry to a pub in 15 years) but now I am mildly irritated. Unfortunately you can never prove/get some kind of satisfaction after the fact

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I was in there a month or so ago and the head bar man was eating the head of some new recruit for serving some bloke in a tracksuit, I think ( can't remember for sure for some reason :rolleyes: ) that the head man went up to tracksuit guy and told him to finish his pint and feck off. So whether they have the right or not you're not the first to be refuse based on dress code

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aye noticed that myself a few weeks back.

We were told that we were "too casual" whatever the bloody hell that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

they can refuse service for whatever they want (excluding ethnicity, sex, age or disabiltiy)
    its a privste establishment.

i often go in there in a hoody and have never once been refused.

****ty place anyway.
    sound is turned up way to loud with no bass to compensate so everything sounds distorted.

not enough staff and no effort put into the pints / cocktails.
    better off in the porterhouse in temple bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

subway wrote:
    not enough staff and no effort put into the pints / cocktails.
    better off in the porterhouse in temple bar

Thats the sad fact, never been once refused to the Temple Bar one ever (even the couple of times I went in wearing band tshirts, etc) - twas my first time trying to get into Nassau Street one (and I wasnt wearing anything offensive)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I was turned away from there once too - no reason given, just told 'not tonight lads'.

Who cares? There's loads of other pubs, and it's not like that place is anything special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Problem was I was only verbally told of a dress code, there was nowt visible to that effect.
    There are signs on the doors stating "neat dress essential". I don't disagree with such policies.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

four words:

Right of Admission Reserved.

AKA R.O.A.R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

subway wrote:
    they can refuse service for whatever they want (excluding ethnicity, sex, age or disabiltiy)
    its a privste establishment.

Only if their licenced as a private member's club, otherwise they've a licence to serve the public and a 'public' house (ie a Bar) can be on rocky ground refusing service on the grounds of improper dress.

Best thing to do when refused entery is to take your money elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Mairt wrote:
    Best thing to do when refused entery is to take your money elsewhere.

I did, and a fine night was had by all - although my nipples are still sore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Porterhouse in name only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

was in there last night. had no probs getting in despite the fact i was less than smartly dressed.

decent enough spot in fairness.

stay away from the wrasslers stout tho. eugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

judas101 wrote:
    stay away from the wrasslers stout tho. eugh!

blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

it tastes like ground up coffee beans!

Advertisement