Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art to digitalb

• 15-07-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Lads my digitalb card is on the way. My dish is pointing at hotbird at the moment. I got local installer. Hes in different line of work now. Im no sat expert. but if i want to get this new sat, is it just as simple as moving the lnb bout 3cm to the left??
    Or am i way off in this thinking

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Standing behind the dish, you'd need to move a few degrees to the left, and elevation would be slightly lower. Having a meter would make life easier.

You could use the signal bars that are on the sat receiver menu as a guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

So stand behind and turn left , not face it and turn left?
    Cool. I suppose into Maplins i should go for meter thingy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

What equipment do you need for Digitalb? I'm struggling to get a signal with 1m on a dreambox in meath at the moment.
    I think it should be just ok. I have a very good Technomate meter so I will have to check the dish alignment.
    It isn't going to be as strong a signal as Art especially in bad weather.

Advertisement