Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince-Planet Earth

Options
  • 15-07-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Best two euro i've ever spent :D

It sounds a lot more focused than a lot of Musicology and 3121 (both of which had five star songs but a little too much filler), it's a very rocky Prince on this album, for the most part. Good stuff from one of the few musicians active today that genuinely merits the "genius" tag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Picked mine up this morning, impressed with the CD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Just got mine. Listening right now. Sounds good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yeeargh forgot about this... have to see if I can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Bollox! I was serving people this cd in about 4 different papers this morning from 11. Why oh why did I forget to pick my own copy up?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Crap! I forget aswell...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just got it there. Will report back with my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jimbo808

I really dig the title track. I think this album really shows his motivation behind the whole scenario. Renowned for his media shy lifestyle, I think he suffered slightly with musicology and 3121. Although they were great albums I felt they were made primarily just because thats what Prince does, he makes music. However with Planet Earth it seems that he really has something to say and he wants the whole world to hear it.

Any high points/low points in the album for people?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

High points - Guitar & Chelsea Rodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

rubbish album his last 8 albums should had free with the paper aswell ,prince is well finished as a artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

antod wrote:
    rubbish album his last 8 albums should had free with the paper aswell ,prince is well finished as a artist.

ladies and gentlemen...the future of the irish music press, instantly throwing away genius for curly haired singer songwriters!

Likin the album more and more each time, first two tracks are good, although worryingly someone compared Guitar to a U2 track and said the chorus sounds like the beatles, back in the USSR????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

antod wrote:

Luckily you don't speak for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Rockshandy wrote:
    Likin the album more and more each time, first two tracks are good, although worryingly someone compared Guitar to a U2 track

It's identical to "I will Follow", listen to both and there's no question about it. This is another track that should be added to the rip off thread elsewhere.

Advertisement