Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Hair

• 15-07-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My 'problem' is i'm a 26 year old male and i don't have all that much facial hair. I'm often told how i dont look as old as i am and i feel this is part of the problem. I'm wondering why at my age is there a lack of growth. on certain parts of my face it grows quite quickly but then theres areas where there is none at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Unreg46 wrote:
    My 'problem' is i'm a 26 year old male and i don't have all that much facial hair. I'm often told how i dont look as old as i am and i feel this is part of the problem. I'm wondering why at my age is there a lack of growth. on certain parts of my face it grows quite quickly but then theres areas where there is none at all.

Honestly? It's completely natural and just your genetic make-up. I know many, many (very manly) guys who can't grow a beard to save their lives. Seriously. Several of my very close friends can go for a month or more without shaving and only have the barest hint of scruff. Even my dad, when he grows a beard, can only manage scrubby, uneven growth, and he has a streak of completely bare skin along his jaw that he jokes must've got weedkiller on when he was young.

It's normal, and just the way you are. Some guys just aren't hairy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

wouldnt call it a problem as such... think yourself lucky! you dont have to shave everyday and have stubble by 6pm that day :p

what microgirl says is true, its just who you are - some people arent hairy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wouldn't be worried at all. I'd swap places with you. It would save me having to shave twice a day when I want to go out at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

^ what he said

Pain in the ar$e having to shave every day. Count your blessings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Keep shaving anyway. Nothing at all is better than little bits of something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

microgirl wrote:
    Several of my very close friends can go for a month or more without shaving

gggrrrrrr....... I hate these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would be thankful - my hubby has to shave at least twice a day otherwise he seriously hurts me when we kiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

You're blessed. I always just presumed when I was younger that i'd be able to grow a beard no problem when i got to this age (25) not the case at all though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Like a few others have said, I wish I had that problem myself :)

There's a fortune to be made if some eggheads ever come up with a "beard repressor" tablet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Unreg46 wrote:
    and i don't have all that much facial hair.
    As above
    Unreg46 wrote:
    My 'problem' is i'm a 26 year old male ... I'm often told how i dont look as old as i am ...
    This may feel like a problem now, but in a few years time you will realise how lucky you are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement