Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montpelier Information

Options
  • 15-07-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey

I was looking at buying an apartment and ive seen one in Montpelier court. Before i commit to anything, i wanted to research the area, has anyone heard of it? what type of estate it is. I live in tallaght and i know there are a lot of lovely areas but i also know there are some dodgy places, i just havent heard of montpelier!

has anyone heard of it, what its like etc?

any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 story

Hey consoleman

I'm not too familar with this area either, it seems close to jobstown which is meant to be abit dodge. Did you go for it in the end? -I've been considering that development too as they seem to be a good size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I am now looking for information regarding this area.

Can anyone shed any light on how nice or not it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Right smack in the middle of Jobstown next to Kiltalown. Enough said.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I dont live in that estate but i bought a house up near the school in an old estate and its fine. No problems at all, though the bin tag did get robbed once!

I know a couple of people that live in sundale and they havent had any problems. If only they'd hurry up with the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yellowfrog

am looking at a house on montpelier view. is this a 'nice' area? we are not used to anywhere rough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's in the rough part of Tallaght, bordered by a national route (quick access for thieves and troublemakers) and across the road from a green space notorious for anti-social behaviour, bonfires, abandoned horses, etc etc.

Unless you're from the area, I would advise against.

There's a very good reason why they're 3 bed houses priced at €100k.

Advertisement