Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashing a Blackberry

• 15-07-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

My boss has a blackberry that he uses on very rare occasions!

It's a vodafone BB and we're moving to O2 and I'm wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin that I can get it flashed to a neutral OS so it'll work with any provider?

Anybody got any experience with these things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

If its a VF BB, it is probably locked to VF and you will need to unlock it. This is a different process to flashing it. Flashing a phone will not unlock it.

What model BB is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

It's a VF 8707v So it would need unlocking as well as flashing!

Any ideas?

8707v cannot be unlocked by software/hardware
    The only way to unlock an 8707v is to get the unlock code from the network. If its been on a bill, Vodafone should give the unlock code for free

Flashing it wont do anything. You can change the appearance of menus by using different themes etc but the startup logo will always be VF

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

In the words of my dearest mother.......

"BUM!"

Will e-mail vodafone!

Thanks for your help mate!

No problem at all
    They should give the unlock code easily enough anyway as all Blackberry phones are bill only, but once you get the unlock code, you just pop in an O2 sim and away you go. No need for flashing etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement