Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Festival at the Cue Club

• 15-07-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    We've decided on the dates for our Summer festival. The week-end will be held on August 10th/11th and 12th.
    The main event is €250 freeze-out with 45min blinds.

Friday nights game will be a sattellite to the main event.
    Sundays game will be a €150 f/o.

Main Event--Saturday August 11th

1.-Run by Cue Club Card Rooms Killarney.
    2.-Run for commertial reasons.
    3.-Saturday August 11th(possibly FT on Sunday lunchtime).
    4.-Reg at 3.00pm---Cards in the air at 4.00pm.
    5.-Max number is 90,tickets can be bought beforehand or on the day.
    6.-The game is NL hold'em.
    7.-Only prerequisite is joining the CueClub(no charge, done on the day.)
    8.-€250 entry fee, no rebuy-no top-up.
    9.-Registration fee is €25.
    10.-100% of entry fees is paid into the prize-pool.
    11.-No guaranteed prize-pool.
    12.-N/A
    13.-10,000 starting stack.
    14.-N/A.
    15.-Blinds structure
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    Break to remove 25 denomination chips.
    200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1,000
    500-1,000--100ante
    600-1,200--100ante
    800-1,600--200ante
    1,000-2,000--200ante
    1,500-3,000--300ante
    Break to remove 100 denomination chips.
    2,000-4,000--500ante
    3,000-6,000--500ante
    4,000-8,000--1,000ante
    5,000-10,000--1,000ante
    6,000-12,000--1,000ante.
    8,000-16,000--1,500ante
    10,000-20,000--2,000ante.
    15,000-30,000--3,000ante
    Blind structure from here at TD's discretion.

16.-!st 3 blind levels will be 30mins, 45min clock from there on.
    17.-There will be dealers at all tables.
    18.-10% of the field will be paid.
    19.-Documented list of rules available.
    20.-There will be a TD whos decision will be final in all matters.

Any enquiries can be answered here on this thread or by phone on 087-2833343.

Connie o Sullivan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Sounds great Connie, I'll be down for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

team event scrapped ?

;) maybe look at €200 for sunday, becomes a ranking event for the gjp thing thus ensuring that more visitors stay down for it.

are you booking the usual place for us ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

nice one connie we'll see you then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

:eek: just saw nics post....the dream team seek revenge for christmas that why u pulled it connie? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

nicnicnic wrote:
    ;) maybe look at €200 for sunday, becomes a ranking event for the gjp thing thus ensuring that more visitors stay down for it.

wtf?

• Advertisement

:eek: just saw nics post....the dream team seek revenge for christmas that why u pulled it connie? :D

turn your phone on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Danny,
    When I run a team event, I want it to be the main event. If I put it on the Friday nite, it wouldnt have the same effect. I'll run the team event in the Autumn sometime.

nicnicnic wrote:
    team event scrapped ?

are you booking the usual place for us ?

I dont have a problem with changing it Nicky, I let it up for a couple of days and see what everyone else thinks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'll be there Connie. What time will the sat kick off? Might head down for that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

woohoo!

any chance you could mention the hotel rates like i think you did the last time, and maybe phone numbers too?

i met a young wain, any chance you could suggest somewhere nice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

All Ireland QFs on that Sat, 11th. Kerry and Dublin involved. :mad:

careca wrote:

Unfortunately, most weekends during the summer will have some sort of important GAA fixture that people wish to watch / attend. You just have to make a choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

careca wrote:

I can't wait to get down to Killarney with the Dublin jersey on :D .....Count me in more than likely Con and vote +1 for Sunday as a €200 event.

i'm taking the time off work and driving down on the Friday so i may have a couple of seats for anyone who wants to share the petrol bill and doesn't have b.o. i guess i'll be leaving dublin about 10am. a strong tolerance for middle of the road music required.
    coming back on the monday.

careca wrote:

Hi Careca,
    Yeah, I know they're on, large flat screen installed so the players dont miss the action. Hope thats ok.

Connie any chance you could name a quiet hotel with reasonable rates and gimme their number?

i know its the most expensive week of the year.... :(

woohoo!

any chance you could mention the hotel rates like i think you did the last time, and maybe phone numbers too?

i met a young wain, any chance you could suggest somewhere nice?

I'm in touch with a few hotels at the moment trying to get the best deal I can for you all. A lot of them are getting back to me this evening or tomorrow morning so I'll post details as soon as I have them.

As I've posted elsewhere, August is a very busy month in the hotel industry (especially here in Killarney). The town will be packed around the time of the festival which should make it very enjoyable for you guys coming down.

you the man connie!

I've already taken the days from my work diary to go down. If you want me to pay in advance I can. I have a feeling the hotel prices will be horrendous so anything you can do for three nights, preferably a double bed, would be bloody marvellous.
    I'm not sure if i phrased that as well as i could have but you know what i mean. :o

i hope you still have a snooker table down there, i've never been, and if you can get Steve Davis to come along, all the better! i'll bring the chess book he wrote to see if i can get an autograph! :D

you the man connie!

I've already taken the days from my work diary to go down. If you want me to pay in advance I can. I have a feeling the hotel prices will be horrendous so anything you can do for three nights, preferably a double bed, would be bloody marvellous.
    I'm not sure if i phrased that as well as i could have but you know what i mean. :o

i hope you still have a snooker table down there, i've never been, and if you can get Steve Davis to come along, all the better! i'll bring the chess book he wrote to see if i can get an autograph! :D
    Hi Doc,
    I take it your looking for a single room with a double bed? I,ll have the details tomorrow.
    And I dont think theres any luck on the steve davis front, he;s in the USA at the moment and as far as I know the China masters is on that time in August so that'll rule him out.

Yep,still have 3 snooker tables and 2 pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

hey connie. hoping to make it down for this one too. nice to play again in the only place i have a 100% record...then again if id like to keep it...ya i will be there and i hope to bring at least one car load!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

connie147 wrote:
    Hi Careca,
    Yeah, I know they're on, large flat screen installed so the players dont miss the action. Hope thats ok.

Fair play Connie. As a kerryman I would really love to get down home and play in this, but I missed the Munster final and would hate to miss another one. I promise I'll make it sooner rather than later as I know its great craic there.

I'm sure you'll get a full house anyway. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ha, Puck Fair is on that weekend too, soo i'd say i'll be missing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Ouchies Connie. I'm already committed to playing the GJP game. :(. Would defo be there otherwise.

NickyOD wrote:
    Ouchies Connie. I'm already committed to playing the GJP game. :(. Would defo be there otherwise.

Sorry to hear you'll be missing Nicky, you'll be missed.

On the clash of dates with GJP, I asked Dev to suggest a week-end that suits most and thats the week-end he selected along with it being the choice of others on the boards thread. I didnt realise it was clashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭caoimh36

Wont make it down for ME unfortunately Connie due to a family wedding in that god forsaken place Dublin on Friday! Might make it down for Sundays game but if not best of luck with it, I'm sure it'll sell out. FYI maybe u could get down to the Macau monthly on 2nd Aug to let all the players who dont read boards know bout the weekend - hope to see u there.

connie, any luck with that hotel special?
    any insider knowledge would be much appreciated.
    i'll try to root out the old thread you had with hotel details.

caoimh36 wrote:
    Wont make it down for ME unfortunately Connie due to a family wedding in that god forsaken place Dublin on Friday! Might make it down for Sundays game but if not best of luck with it, I'm sure it'll sell out. FYI maybe u could get down to the Macau monthly on 2nd Aug to let all the players who dont read boards know bout the weekend - hope to see u there.

Hi Caoimh,
    Yep, I'll definately be there for the monthly game. See you there.

Connie

connie, any luck with that hotel special?

• Advertisement

heres a good site.

anyone recommend any of these?

http://www.killarney-hotels.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've already booked the Eviston House. Prime location and not too expensive. Cheapest rate I found was on bestwestern.ie - http://www.bestwestern.ie/hotels/home.php?hotel=84056

its booked frickin out brian! :mad: jeeze.....

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

try this1. its about 10min walk from the club .http://www.killarneycourt.com/
    peak season in killarney so every place is expensive but this hotel usually has the best rates in town.

connie is probably trying to get a good rate someplace so recommend ringing the club first...

they're fully booked tooo! im starting to FREAK out! noooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Best hotel site for irish hotels

www.centralr.com

Decent rates too from €89 per room for sat 11th at valley hotel. About 25 hotels in Killarney listed.

• Advertisement

Connie, I'm getting the jitters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭HUSH HUSH

Are you expecting to sell out? I won't know until probably the day before whether I will be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

mcaul wrote:
    Best hotel site for irish hotels

www.centralr.com

Decent rates too from €89 per room for sat 11th at valley hotel. About 25 hotels in Killarney listed.

that hotel (valley) is about 4 miles outside of town.
    ****load of good quality B&Bs in and around town if $$ are a factor.i couldnt belive the cost of some of the hotels here tbh in aug.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Connie, I'm getting the jitters here.

Lads, the Holiday Inn (nice hotel, 10 mins walk from club, 2mins taxi) are keeping rooms for us.€80 p.p.s B@B, supplement for single room. phone 064-33000 ask for Irene in reservations.

Connie

HUSH HUSH wrote:
    Are you expecting to sell out? I won't know until probably the day before whether I will be able to make it.

I wouldnt expect a sell out.Should have a nice healthy crowd though. Give us a shout if your coming.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote:
    hey connie. hoping to make it down for this one too. nice to play again in the only place i have a 100% record...then again if id like to keep it...ya i will be there and i hope to bring at least one car load!!

Just gimme a shout regarding rooming requirements and I'll look after it if ye like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

cheers connie. will be in touch

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Connie, apologies for not spotting the clash but then its almost impossible not to clash with something these days. In a fit of traitorism I'll be down to your event (I'm in Vegas, any chance you could reserve a hotel room for me?)
    Pity about the Team Event but I think you are right.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Connie, apologies for not spotting the clash but then its almost impossible not to clash with something these days. In a fit of traitorism I'll be down to your event (I'm in Vegas, any chance you could reserve a hotel room for me?)
    Pity about the Team Event but I think you are right.

DeV.

I'll reserve the room for you Tom, Fri-Sat-Sun?

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Leavin about 1 from here connie see u in a bit mate 3.45 E.T.A :D

Tryin to get free for the Summer fesssssst .....

Just checked August 10th - 12th and it comes up with options/prices etc. suggesting it is available. Is it after that you get the booked out message?

Connie you can put me down as 1 of those 90.

Allready done Brian. Look forward to seeing you.

Connie can you put me down for a ticket too for the Saturday game.

Thanks for the Holiday Inn info. may be bringing someone down who would like somewhere nicer so i'll hold off booking a room for a few days.

Muso, thanks for that info. d.

Connie can you put me down for a ticket too for the Saturday game.

Thanks for the Holiday Inn info. may be bringing someone down who would like somewhere nicer so i'll hold off booking a room for a few days.

Muso, thanks for that info. d.

Sure thing Doc (dont underestimate the holiday inn Killarney, its quite a lovely hotel:) )

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

connie put me down for sat night sean

• Advertisement
Advertisement