Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Festival at the Cue Club

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Connie
    cant believe i am only seeing this now, tho i have been away since June in Vegas
    i would love to attend, had a great time last time and picked up a few squid too
    i highly recommend this to anyone who has the time and money, these people know what hospitality means and they run a super tourney

i wont know until Wednesday if i can make it, tho it dont look good right now

i will give you a call then and let you know, and you can let me know if you can squeeze me in, its probably nearly full by now

the best of luck with it Connie,

The Clamper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

HalfBaked wrote:
    Hi Connie,

Can you put me down for the ME. Hope to get down Friday for a few beers.

Niall,

Up for the usual degenerate train journey?
    of course, i have to get my accomodation paid for by someone! I can't leave dublin till saturday tho. Will be getting a train at 11am or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

HalfBaked wrote:
    Hi Connie,

Niall,

Peter, I'm getting a train down on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Planning to go down Friday Niall, gonna have a "few" beers. No chance you making the Friday train?

Lloyd,

Haven't looked at the train times yet, have you booked? What time you getting the train?

Anyone else going down Friday?

HalfBaked wrote:
    Planning to go down Friday Niall, gonna have a "few" beers. No chance you making the Friday train?

Lloyd,

Haven't looked at the train times yet, have you booked? What time you getting the train?

Anyone else going down Friday?

I actually booked it pretty early. Leaving Heuston at 13.00 -> arriving in Killarney at 16.29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Just looking into this now folks. Looking better every time i read it..... Now here is 1 for ya lads.

A Pal of mine does a bit of flying in his spare time. I might be going down to this at the weekend and have 3 spare seats in the little aeroplane.... Flight time about 80 minutes if anyone is up for it pm me. Flight from Weston most likely friday afternoon... Something different i suppose. Flight cost around €60 return

It might interfere with Lloyd and Petes degenerate train journey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

HalfBaked wrote:
    Hi Connie,

Niall,

No problem peter.consider it done.
    Connie

Connie
    cant believe i am only seeing this now, tho i have been away since June in Vegas
    i would love to attend, had a great time last time and picked up a few squid too
    i highly recommend this to anyone who has the time and money, these people know what hospitality means and they run a super tourney

i wont know until Wednesday if i can make it, tho it dont look good right now

i will give you a call then and let you know, and you can let me know if you can squeeze me in, its probably nearly full by now

the best of luck with it Connie,

The Clamper

Hi Derek,
    Hope you can make it, enjoyed your company the last time. Talk to you later in the week.
    Connie

connie147 wrote:
    No problem peter.consider it done.
    Connie

Thanks Connie. Really looking forward to it as usual. See you friday. You might even make it out for a few beers?

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I actually booked it pretty early. Leaving Heuston at 13.00 -> arriving in Killarney at 16.29.

That's ridiculously early! Can I talk you into the 3/5pm train?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Jayminator wrote:
    Just looking into this now folks. Looking better every time i read it..... Now here is 1 for ya lads.

A Pal of mine does a bit of flying in his spare time. I might be going down to this at the weekend and have 3 spare seats in the little aeroplane.... Flight time about 80 minutes if anyone is up for it pm me. Flight from Weston most likely friday afternoon... Something different i suppose. Flight cost around €60 return

I reckon your'e on your own for that one Jay!!

In work Fri and Sat so cant make this. I'll get down eventually to one of Connies gigs :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

HalfBaked wrote:

I'll probably be on the 5p.m. Need to put in a full days workish. I suppose it means I will miss the sat. that evening but beers/cash games would suit.

so tempted for friday now.... but no! too much work on at the moment!!

ocallagh wrote:
    so tempted for friday now.... but no! too much work on at the moment!!

I'll let you mull over Friday for a while. I reckon you'll crack by about Wednesday. Those rubber arms of yours..

musician wrote:
    I'll probably be on the 5p.m. Need to put in a full days workish. I suppose it means I will miss the sat. that evening but beers/cash games would suit.

Coolio. My preference would be the 3pm train as it's gonna be packed on the 5pm one. Any chance of getting out of work a little early?

HalfBaked wrote:

Nope. I'm stubborn.

musician wrote:

You wont miss the satt Brian, its not on until 9.00pm.(fri)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

hey connie. jus wondering if it'd be possible to just show up on the day and play?? there's a slight chance i may be able to make it after all..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Friday train works for me! 13.00 or 15.00 by preference. Degenerate cash on train is a requirement, will probably play the sat the night before unless I get mashed. Which is likely.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

HalfBaked wrote:
    Coolio. My preference would be the 3pm train as it's gonna be packed on the 5pm one. Any chance of getting out of work a little early?

You never know but I don't think I will be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Connie,
    Can you put my name down for this...I'm bringing the missus down to Killarney for the weekend...Isn't it a happy coincidence that your summer game is on ;)
    Cheers
    Chris....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Jayminator wrote:

I would LOVE to do this Jay but i can't now. Next time though. If you see me at this thing, say hello and we'll have a pint. Might even get one from Len, although he's notorious for going awol when its his round... ;)

Russh wrote:
    Connie,
    Can you put my name down for this...I'm bringing the missus down to Killarney for the weekend...Isn't it a happy coincidence that your summer game is on ;)
    Cheers
    Chris....

No probs there Criss,sorted.(nice COINCIDENCE that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I resent that Mr Farrell just because I have very deep trouser pockets and short arms. :o

BTW - As I haven't been to the Cue Club before - anyone got directions?

Fatboydim wrote:
    I resent that Mr Farrell just because I have very deep trouser pockets and short arms. :o

BTW - As I haven't been to the Cue Club before - anyone got directions?

Hi Len,
    Just go to the high street and across the road from the Paddy Power betting shop theres a laneway(beside Salvadores restaraunt). 50 yards up there on the right.

Connie

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fatboydim wrote:

That, and you're a short-arse :p

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

DeVore wrote:
    That, and you're a short-arse :p

DeV.

No I'm a Fat Arse and my new name according to Rounders is Len Colon.:D

Paddy Powers Connie is that a pub?:D

[Thx]

I'm booked on the 3pm train from dublin tomorrow. If anyone is getting the same train give me a shout / PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

well connie will u put my name down for the 250 i will be heading down with danny in the morning thanks george power

gigetheman wrote:
    well connie will u put my name down for the 250 i will be heading down with danny in the morning thanks george power

No probs. see you tomorrow!

• Advertisement

hi connie, what hotel am i booked in? will I just ask for a room booked under your name or will they have my name in the system?

can't wait to get down! should be there 3pm Sat so will make main event with an hour to spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

ocallagh wrote:
    hi connie, what hotel am i booked in? will I just ask for a room booked under your name or will they have my name in the system?

can't wait to get down! should be there 3pm Sat so will make main event with an hour to spare

ocallagh wrote:

Hi Niall,
    Your booked in to the Glen Eagle Hotel. I've you rooming with DeV(Tom). Hope thats ok. If not, and you want a room alone, give me a ring on 087-2833343.
    Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Whats my story Connie?

cheers Connie, that's grand - If tom snores i'll be looking for a refund:)

I'll be down to Killarney by 11 or so. I'm going to get a few hrs kip in the hotel. Can you stick my name down as definite for the tournament. I'll be there for 4pm but just so I don't miss out on a seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

any updates from this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Connie,

Thanks for a great tourney, and for booking the hotel for me.

It was a 100% poker tourney: excellent structure, dealers, chips, tables, food, and good players (too good for me).

Nice to see Muso went deep. He had only 11k at the meal break.

I drove around the Ring of Kerry this morning. Beautiful. I can see why Kerrymen have a superiority complex. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

When I was driving down to Killarney this youtube video was mentioned on Newstalk 106.

It looked like a split pot between the crocadiles and the lions .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great tournament and excellent structure as always. The club is looking really good after the refurbishments.

The standard was very good I thought. Tight, but more TAG than passive. I had a good start, picked up a few hands and was up to 25k by the first break. Devore came to the table right to my left. He played about 70% of pots and we clashed a good few times. It made raising difficult and as we both had similar sized (above average) stacks it made for some intesresting pots. I hovered on between 25k and 30k for hours eventually getting to 45k after blind battle. AB made it 3BB and I called from BB with AT. AK2 flop and he insta shoved for about 3 times the pot. I called and my AT was good till the 5 came on the turn but the river was a miracle T thank god... I owe Devore for this pot as he bluffed the guy of a big pot with A3 in the previous hand (I'll let Tom descrobe that hand). I hovered on 45k till we went to 2 tables.

There were a lot of short stacks and we just needed to get down to 9 players. We must have had about 20 all-ins in half an hour and the short stack survided every single one of them. I was dyign to get to bed as I hadn't slept in 36hrs so was getting very frustrated with the state of play! Brian got very unlucky in a few pots and was down to the felt. I doubled him up with QJ against AT. Then did it next orbit with 77 v his AJ.

I managed to put 50% of my stack in with 56 after raising preflop, My cbet was called on the J28 flop. RIver Q check check. River ace and my opponent looked disgusted and checked and I put in a small bet of 15k into the 30k pot. He thought for 3 or 4 minutes and eventually passed! I continued to raise a lot and took down a 40k pot with AK v AQ all in pre. I got up to 115k peak which was just over 1/5th the chips in play with 11 left. Then raised with K9 and T8 shoved. I called and lost to a T on the turn. Despite a few of these set backs I managed to claw back up to 100k after a few raises preflop and one or two post flop battles.

Then called a raise from SB with KcQc. Flop KdTc8c. My opponent had been active preflop and was the only player at the table with a stack that could damage me. He was the guy I had the 56 against. I c/raised all in after he bet 10k. He had about 30k left and called with AK. I missed and was down to 45k. Then got 33 and raised. Same player who had T8 shoved and I called. He had AQ and hit an ace on the turn. I was down to 21k now with average at about 45k. Blinds had just gone to 1500 3000 with 300 ante and I shoved next hand UTG with K5s (5 handed). Got called by TT and lost..

I was absolutely gutted to have gone from near CL to busto in about 20 minutes. I don't think I made any mistakes and was happy with my play. I lost a lot of 50-50's and 60-40's when it mattered. The K5 hand might have been a bit tilty but there was close to 6k in the pot.

You played a great game Niall and were unlucky. I was up and down like a yoyo all day and lost alot of chips with big hands. When we were down to 2 tables I called an all-in with AK. He (eventually winner actually) had 5s6s and rivered a flush. Then with only 20k ish left I called Connie's all-in with KK and Connies 7c8c made a flush too. I got 3200 in chips back from that with blinds at 600/1200 I think. I managed to claw my back from there (cheers Niall) to get to the final table with 60k and when we finished play i was down to 48k. Today I was quiet enough early on until in the small blind and with only 30k left I pushed with A9 and got called by the BB with A5. 5 on the turn and off I went. Great weekend all round. Drink and poker don't mix eh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

just a quick word to thank connie and his staff for a great tournament and for booking the rooms. who won in the end ????

Advertisement