Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Store + More

Options
  • 15-07-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Two special offers on lower end Gaggia machines.

Gaggia Selecta Deluxe €149

Gaggia Viva €99 :eek:

I actually know very little about these machines, the Selecta Deluxe from what I understand was a limited run machine, specially made for some big European retailer, and the excess stock are being flogged off cheap now. Superficially it look almost identical to the Classic. However, the most obvious immediate difference is that its missing the 3-way valve.

The Viva is the new entry level Gaggia, replacing the Gran (i think). It looks a bit like the Evolution.

The Viva...

viva.gif

So, by no means world-beating machines. But for a tight budget.. might be worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Do they have a proper boiler setup reactor? As in, will you get the 9 bars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Gaggia Viva is showing as 15 bars on their site, I'm not sure the boiler or
    portafilter is the same as the traditional Gaggia machines. It's also
    missing the Panarello frothing attachment. It's a pretty new machine
    so info online is a tad limited.

Power supply 230-240V 50Hz 700W
    120V 60Hz 680W
    Heating system Boiler Uni4514 Water tank Removable Water tank capacity 1 lt Water pump pressure 15 bar Sistema Crema perfetta Available Visible water level Yes Cappuccino accessory Steamer 3 Filters: 1 cup/1 pod/ 2 cups Yes Makes two cups simultaneously Yes Group and Filter holder Aluminium Cup plate Yes Other Valve Accessories Measuring spoon, Tamper Dimensions cm. (LxHxD) 21,5x30,5x29 Weight 3,5kg Bodywork ABS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

They'll give you 9 bars alright. Well they'll give you between 8 and 10 bars I imagine. There's always a bit of sway on these things. The pump can do 15, but it won't transfer all of that to the coffee.

As far as I can gather, the selecta deluxe is the old Gaggia Coffee in a Gaggia Classic body.

The Selecta seemed to have a decent hefty portafilter, while the Viva one was light and made of aluminium I think. Both machines are reduced alot.

Oh and the Selecta has the same small steam wand as the Classic.

Advertisement