Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Clarke??

• 15-07-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

hey does anyone know when he is playing in Dublin? Heard that he was playing somewhere soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

hes playing at the sessions tour in fairy house sat 8th september,info here http://www.sessionstour.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

He's over hyped, under achieved rubbish. Who cares?

His World Service albums are good but thats not enough in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

Anima wrote:
    He's over hyped, under achieved rubbish. Who cares?

His World Service albums are good but thats not enough in fairness.

You're joking right?

What about his red series of ep's

Archive one album?

The fact that he's first generation techno and didn't, like countless others jump onto some sub-genre bandwagon, ie minimal etc.

Clarkey has in the past delivered the best sets i've heard a dj play, Ive seen him countless times and never been disappointed.

Just back from Monegros where Clarkey stole the show, flawless, seamless and mature mixing, he has an ability to lift a crowd unparallelled by any other dj out there.

There's a reason why this guy is nicknamed the Baron of Techno.

He's the reason why I got into music.

Thats your opinion Anima and I respect it, I just entirely disagree with you on this one mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hmm you're probably right. I just don't like the guy. I've read a few of his interviews and he seems like a pretentious knob end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

He comes across as being somewhat pretentious which ive no time for but he is undoubtedly talented, rumour has it as well he doesn't like drugs:eek: cant say ive heard of many Techno DJ's who would have similar views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DMI

walshs3 wrote:
    hes playing at the sessions tour in fairy house sat 8th september,info here http://www.sessionstour.com/

He is actually playing in the Collective Music/DanceMusicIreland.com tent @ Planet Love South, Fairyhouse Racecourse, Saturday the 8th of September :D .

More info and details on:

www.planetlovemusic.com and www.dancemusicireland.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

jonny68 wrote:
    He comes across as being somewhat pretentious which ive no time for but he is undoubtedly talented, rumour has it as well he doesn't like drugs:eek: cant say ive heard of many Techno DJ's who would have similar views.

Theres alot of djs that don`t take drugs you know...
    Drugs don`t make you a better dj or make you love music more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonny68 wrote:
    as well he doesn't like drugs:eek: cant say ive heard of many Techno DJ's who would have similar views.

Erm,

most Techno djs would share similar views!

And I love his pretentiousness!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's a big difference between not doing drugs yourself and being "Previously renowned as a ferociously uncompromising anti drug zealot"*** especially is a scene that is synonymous with drug taking. It just makes him sound like a knob tbh. But anyway, that's a debate for another day.

***Taken from http://www.daveclarke.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

BaZmO* wrote:
    There's a big difference between not doing drugs yourself and being "Previously renowned as a ferociously uncompromising anti drug zealot"*** especially is a scene that is synonymous with drug taking. It just makes him sound like a knob tbh. But anyway, that's a debate for another day.

***Taken from http://www.daveclarke.com

Yeah **** i never knew he was againest drugs before!
    I¬ve listened to him for the last 12 + yrs and love his productions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He likes ****e food aswell!

Also taken from daveclarke.com

Supermac's
    Sligo

A veritable emporium of subtle flavours in sublime surroundings seduces the senses into submission. Sinead O'Conner had it down......."Nothing Compares 2 U" www.supermacs.ie DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

who gives a flying **** if he does drugs or not hes not stopping anyone else doing them.

i think i read somewhere hes playing electric picnic aswell

hes very good........not amazing but very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

jonny68 wrote:

I actually heard a rumour contrary to that one jonny68! Apparently when he played in the rebox a few years ago he had a competition on his website for free tickets to the gig and to meet him before and after.

Legend has it that he filled the "lucky winners" full o' pills for the night!

P.S. Please don't shoot the messenger! It very well may not be true!!

P.S.S. He definitely comes across as pretentious and although he is good, lately I have found his sets to lack cohesion and direction imo.

Fieldog wrote:
    Erm,

most Techno djs would share similar views!

And I love his pretentiousness!

:)

eh what planet are you living on :eek:

I actually heard a rumour contrary to that one jonny68! Apparently when he played in the rebox a few years ago he had a competition on his website for free tickets to the gig and to meet him before and after.

Legend has it that he filled the "lucky winners" full o' pills for the night!

P.S. Please don't shoot the messenger! It very well may not be true!!

P.S.S. He definitely comes across as pretentious and although he is good, lately I have found his sets to lack cohesion and direction imo.

Not at all mate im just going on what i heard myself it may well not be true,there are not many DJ's on the Techno scene or Dance Music in general who haven't at one time or another indulged in some chemical activity.

PS-Any chance of turning on Slsk mate im trying to download the rest ofm those files,cheers.

where did you hear me say otherwise:rolleyes: most do though FACT, like it or not the Rave scene was built around ravers going out and taking Ecstasy and uppers,they go hand in hand, and the scene would never have gotten half as big if it wouldn't be for drugs like ecstasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

jonny68 wrote:
    PS-Any chance of turning on Slsk mate im trying to download the rest ofm those files,cheers.

I can leave it on all day tomorrow if you like. I was away for the last week so I want able to have it on.

I can leave it on all day tomorrow if you like. I was away for the last week so I want able to have it on.

that would be cool mate ill leave my laptop on then,cheers.

jonny68 wrote:
    most do though FACT,

I would say its very close to 50-50 and unless you have an independant source to back up your OPINION its not FACT

PeakOutput wrote:
    I would say its very close to 50-50 and unless you have an independant source to back up your OPINION its not FACT

Do you realise how silly you sound by saying that only like 50% of Techno DJ's have never or do not take any class A's, for fuc*s sake man the whole scene was built around ecstasy and class A drugs whether you like it or not and it's still the same thesedays and always will be.

Class A drugs and dance music go hand in hand,and by by your estimation only 50% of Techno DJ's only take class A's is madness, like saying 50% of professional footballers are only in it for financial purposes when in fact it's the majority of them would be, independent source my ar*e it's common knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was right with ya Jonny up until you said....
    jonny68 wrote:
    like saying 50% of professional footballers are only in it for financial purposes when in fact it's the majority of them would be, independent source my ar*e it's common knowledge.
    You do realise that only a small minority of football players actually play in the higher echelons of the sport? The rest are stuck in the lower leagues on wages that aren't that great especially considering that careers come to an end in their early thirties.

But yeah, you're right about the DJs.

jonny68 wrote:
    Do you realise how silly you sound by saying that only like 50% of Techno DJ's have never or do not take any class A's, for fuc*s sake man the whole scene was built around ecstasy and class A drugs whether you like it or not and it's still the same thesedays and always will be.

i didnt say never and i didnt say anything about what sort of drugs they do. also i am talking about dj's in general not just techno djs

I am well aware of the prevelance of drugs in not only the dance scene but in society in general. and also of the fact that without the drugs there would not be a scene to speak of.

I will change what i said to say that of the dj's i have been around both irish and from abroad(mainly the uk) the split of those who do drugs to those who dont (anymore im not saying ever) is about 50-50.

Also no one has yet to answer why it matters if a dj does drugs or not?

im not pro or anti drug im just anti the hole you gotta do this to be real in the scene or whatever other bull**** "rules" want to spout out*

*disclaimer no1 here has said anything to that affect yet but its implied

edit; what am i saying actually im sure your right about the djs doing **** but it has been my experience that it is not nearly all of them..........im only arguing for the sake of arguing at this stage sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

wouldn't it simply be a matter of probability with regard to how many djs do drugs. For instance,

Scene A consists of x number of clubs and in these clubs there is a certain percentage of patrons who are taking drugs.
    I think it is fair enough to presume that the percentage of dj's in this scene that take drugs will roughly be the same as the patron %.

Which kind of makes a 50-50 estimate seem completely incorrect, particularly regarding any dance music that has its origins in the rave scene!

Advertisement