Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL Notes

Options
  • 15-07-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hiya

I repeated my Leaving this year in Yeats College in Galway, and have the following full sets of notes for sale. They don't change year on year. They cover the whole course in depth, stating clearly what needs to be known (They worked for me-got 555 in the mock!)

Geography
    Business
    French
    Ag Science
    Physics
    Chemistry

I also have Institute Maths notes from LC 2006.

PM or post here if you want and discuss price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Try Adverts.ie also (Same username and Password).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

For sale? You bad bastard you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Is advertising stuff allowed in here even for an admitedly small thing like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Is advertising stuff allowed in here even for an admitedly small thing like this.

Oops. Is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Are these "notes" not copyrighted?
    Try adverts.ie too, you might get a better response from people there.

• Advertisement

Naikon wrote:
    Try adverts.ie, you might get a better response from people there.

Cheers, will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

No problem.

nedward wrote:
    Oops. Is it not?

That should have been a question and i only bring it up because of this forum's charter and its final sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Naikon wrote:
    Less Stress More Success books and the like are also copyrighted; what's wrong with selling on your own property?

Boards.ie is not their property

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

well people sell stuff in the newspapers, dunno how this can be seen as being any different. besides i'd say nedward got a few pms by now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Not exactly the same as they are only supposed to be used by the students they are given to and with tuition! However such is the hype over such schools that everyone believes these notes are better. Worked in such a school as an unqualified teacher, go figure! Hope my notes were as much in demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Boards.ie is not their property
    You've misunderstood what I wrote...
    Not exactly the same as they are only supposed to be used by the students they are given to and with tuition!
    Doesn't wash with me tbh, unless the student has entered into some sort of formal agreement to this effect. What right can the school/teacher have to stop a student doing whatever they see fit with their own property, as long as they don't disrespect the author's copyright (for example, by making photocopies for the use of others)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

why do u have to sell them?
    could u not jus be generous n pass em on to someone who is taking the leaving cert?

Yeah ^ what he said.

You mean bastard!

Folks, at the end of the day, they're my property, and since I paid my own way through the year, I think I'm entitled.... I mean, I'm not asking a lot, 40-50 quid max. And I like to think I am a generous person, thanks.

If you're not asking a lot for them, why not just give them away? I mean €40 -€50 is only a night out, why not give them to someone who'll relly appreciate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Cson:- I've just been looking into doing a course with the Institute who'd provide me with notes such as the notes nedward has here for sale.
    The institure would like to charge me €1200 for the privilege of sitting listening to someone else read out the notes for me.

Would I (& anyone else) not 'really appreciate' getting these notes for a mere €50????

Nothing in life is free, why shouldn't nedward get a good night outs drinking for passing on his much paid for notes????

Mate, I'm not getting into it, sorry. Now I'm going to go make dinner.

Go to a public school and save yourself €1200. Asking someone to pay for such notes is a nonsense imo, wheres all the generosity gone in the world? I'm sure I have a few €s worth of notes, but will ask someone to pay for them? Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i jus dont see why people cant be nice to other people.. why does everything have to come at a price?? yes, u are entitled to sell them but why not do the right thing and pass them on to some one else??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

cson wrote:
    Go to a public school and save yourself €1200.

I would, but I'm 27!!!!!!! :o
    Think I'd look a bit strange :D

I'm doing the course by myself & notes like nedward's would come in very handy (only he doesn't have my subject!!)
    I for one would be more than happy to pay for them.
    He's not asking the world for them.

What about all the school book exchange schemes & people finished their leaving selling their books onto the new 4th years.
    It's the same thing. they're not just passing them on.
    They're selling them at a reduced price.
    They're recouping a bit of the cost of the books & the 4th years are more than happy to buy them because it saves them lots of money as they don't have to fork out on new ones.

To think they should be free is ridiculous.

Your stance is that you would not pay for them. That's fine, don't.
    My stance is, I would, & so would lots of others & we'd be getting a great bargain too, so my guess is, if you were waiting to get them handed to you for free, you'd be waiting!!!! :p

Boozybabe there was a 44 year old in my class when I was a student, she loved it & we all got on grand. She's a matron in the hospital now, her son was in the boys school. We thought nothing weird about it.

I got two sets of notes (totalled about 12 massive folders) from two people last year, one was a good mate of mine, one wasn't but offered me them anyway.

My theory is that you should pass on the goodwill, i'll give those 12 folders and my own stuff to a deserving home before sept.

Personally, I don't agree with the amount of money that people pay for education. Its unfair and a huge inequality exists in our education system. I've talked at length on this matter before in this forum so i'll just leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

cson wrote:
    I've talked at length on this matter before in this forum so i'll just leave it at that.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

LOL the poor gawson is only trying to make a few bob :(

Paying does not inflate ones points anyway so don't get het up on that, manys a person got 600 points going to their local school! I wouldn't worry on it!

¬_¬ capitalism ¬_¬

Only joking also sorry for the misunderstanding Kwekebo.
    /me facepalms for his mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I have Institute notes for Geography and Business, if anyone wants them tell me in a thread. I'll give them away for free providing I pass the yoke, get into college and don't have to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 natrisioga

If you still have your geography notes to give away, I would be delighted to have them.

Advertisement