Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So I got my new car...

Options
  • 15-07-2007 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

And it's fantastic!!

BUT I just noticed after waxing it today that there is a little chipped mark on the inside of the drivers door from where somebody opened it or had something banged into it like another car door or something...I just picked it up on Friday and it's brand new from a dealer.

Whats the procedure? I have never bought a car new from a dealer before because my last one was second hand but can I get them to repair this tiny scratch/chipped paint because it is demoralising knowing the car is 2 days old and I only just noticed this now...

Ideas please..:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Even if it happened at the dealers pre-delivery, the fact that you have taken the car away will cast doubt in their minds or give them an excuse. It has chipped some of the paint off the door edge ? You may just live with it or fill in with some touch-up paint. No point getting a door sprayed. What colour are we talking and is it metallic, size of chip ?

I know on a new car it spoils the feeling somewhat, but believe me you will have stone chips and dimples/creases sooner or later so if you are fussy, get to know a good PDR guy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

No harm in mentioning it to them, I had a scratch repaired on mine, I only noticed it when I brought it home but they fixed it no problem. If you've spent loads on a new car it's the least they can do.

That's the hassle about new cars though. My one and only new car was the victim of every to55er in supermarket car parks and out on the roads. It had a dent from a trolley about 1 week after I got it. Some fool flew by me in Donegal on a "loose chippings" stretch, so even though I kept the limit, I got showered in stones - about 1 month after buying it. Loads more stuff happened - none of which ever happened in the previous heap I owned!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey lads,

I have been told my a reliable source that they will fix it/repair it no problem which was refreshing to hear. I would expect them to do it to be honest after spending close to 30 grand.

It's metallic silver and the chip is really small and unnoticeable but I noticed it which is what bothers me.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/volkswagen_gt_sport_uk_edition.jpg

See the way there is a small protector frame going across the doors? Well, on the driver side as the door opens, there is a small chip on the inside of that frame so the good news is that it is not on the panel itself but rather the protector frame...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Insist of having the trim (protector frame) replaced. Just hope they don't make a balls of the job!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement