Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst game youve ever played

Options
  • 15-07-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

what is the worst game you have ever played or seen that really sucks?mine is sonic heros(disgrace) please feel free to post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Manhunt, biggest waste of money i spent on a game. Total rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

thrill wrote:

hmm i think that game only sold big because of the controvercy surrounding it never got to play it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

thrill wrote:
    Seconded.

I got more enjoyment out of playing Simpsons Wrestling on the PS1:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thrill wrote:

lies I tell you, damn filthy LIES :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Funnily enough my worst one is Manhunter on the amiga....awful 2d graphics (even for it's day, they were dreadful), story, gameplay, everything...and to top it off, a manual the size of War and Peace to compensate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm not too sure but one that springs to mind as being totally **** is gta for gameboy colour. I was so pissed off that I payed money for that thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What was the name of that Mortal Kombat where you could only use Sub-Zero and it was a side-scroller? That probably takes the biscuit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm sure I've played worse over the years, but what immediately comes to mind is State of Emergency. What a piece of $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Daitkatana (spelling) on the pc, why so hyped, and just let down immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any football manager sim. I hate them with a passion. I have no idea how people can gain any pleasure from playing such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Daikatana(sp) for the PC was shockingly bad. Earthworm Jim for the Gameboy was such a piece of **** too. There's been so many crap games I've played tbh ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Daikatana is probably the worst game I have played.
    Game play was awful, as was everything else about the game.
    I remember in one of the PC games magazines John Romero told the interviewer that the game would far surpass half life or something to that effect.
    Needless to say, when it was released, it was a total joke tbh.
    Anyone hear about the E.T game on the atari 2600 that was so bad, 5 million copies were buried in the new mexico desert? LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(Atari_2600)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmmm

trying to think, only 2 games stick in recent memory that absolutly appauled me on a purely gameplay level when I played them.

1. Chaotix on the 32X, no matter how bad any of the current batch of Sonic Games are (even Sonic Heroes, which I liked a bit) this one was downright dreadfull on the highest order.

2. Killzone, I only played it once, friend had it, after about 10 minutes I couldnt stand it, it took everything I hated from Medal of Honour and just made it worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing for me beats the horrors of Dark Castle on the Megadrive.

I've heard Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the Nes is even more horrendous. The angry videogame nerd gave it a 'shining' review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

rise of the robots??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Syphon Filter on the PS1 - couldn't make head nor tail of it.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shadow of the Beast, wasting my time! *burns cartridge*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

MooseJam wrote:
    lies I tell you, damn filthy LIES :D

:D:D

I have my setting to hide sigs when logged in so I only saw your sig just now while I was logged out.

irishwolf wrote:
    Syphon Filter on the PS1

I used to loved the syphon Filter series. Aah well, it just goes to show...

One mans something is another mans something else. (I cant remember the saying :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ive played many a stinker in my time but the worst was in the past few weeks. nacho libre on the ds is quite possibly the worst piece of crap ever.... NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

thrill wrote:

One mans something is another mans something else. (I cant remember the saying :))
    I think it is one mans meat is another mans poision......
    Worst game for me Revenge of the sith for the xbox sort of beat em up woth terrible hit detection:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I usually avoid buying / playing bad games, since they are generally bad (like, duh).
    But ones that didnt get much play from me: Max Payne on the PS2 (should have got the PC one).
    I got a present of Austin Powers Pinball on PS1 once. One play, relegated to one of the upper shelves soon after.
    And some of the licenced rubbish I bought back in the day makes me cringe now, but I was much easier pleased as a young fellow.

Oh, and
    Halo
    EDIT: also some of the entries in my brother's fine games collection. Goldeneye Rogue Agent is truly woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

CART Fury on PS1 or PS2, can't remember which. I saw it on sale for a quid, "how bad could it be?" I thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Aquanaut's Holiday for the PS1.

Did anyone ever play this game? Did anyone ever figure out what the feckin' heck you were supposed to do? I paid £25 for this game back in the days of broke student-dom, expecting a fun Echo the Dolphin type frolic. Instead, I got some completely pointles and indecipherable gubbins that I could never make head nor tail of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Really didn't like Forsaken for the N64.

I also hate Ridge Racer!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Fade to Black on the PS1, spent all of 5 the minutes playing the game deciding how to get myself rid of the abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Of recent times, the worst game ive played hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, 100% guaranteed HORSE SH!T, Armed assault takes the jaffa cake.
    My experience with said horse **** goes like this:

Buy from play.com after a few recommendations online. DVD arrives, game is installed, woo hoo, hardcore realistic army sim here we come. 5 Minutes later, "Why are there no textures on anything? Why is that soldiers face distorted beyond all recognition? Why does this game run like a 3 legged dog even tho its not rendering any textures? Why did i pay money for this?? WHY DOES THAT TRUCK HAVE SQUARE WHEELS?!?" presses esc rapidly.
    Weeks later patch 1.05 released, i decided to give it another try, 5 minutes in realise its changed sod all. The wheels are still square.
    Months later tries patch 1.8, oh look theyve finally added a tutorial....hmm looks like they need a tutorial for the tutorial as i still cant figure out WTF is going on. Nope, still ****, quits game, wonders what i couldve wasted the 40 euro on that wouldve been better, like paying someone to punch me or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I tend to not really play bad games, demoes maybe but I'm careful with my monies. One game that did slip under my radar however was Unreal II, it is the first game I think I've ever bought which I uninstalled without finishing it, something I never do. I just really really didn't like it, unsatisfying weapons, boring characters, tedious gameplay...no thanks.

I'm sure there were other games I may have played in demo form that I ran from but nothing else comes to mind at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

The Sims.

omg how can one hate the sims?????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

sims is terrible!!!! I ****ing hate it. My least favourite game ever though is SPACE ACE on the SNES. I remember I saved up for ages to buy a game and saw the lovely cartoon-type graphics and was wowed by it. I picked that up instead of Rock 'n' Roll Racing purely because of the graphics on the back of the box.

I will NEVER make that mistake again

Advertisement