Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst game youve ever played

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

omg how can one hate the sims?????????
    Pretty easilly.

The worst game i've ever played, well there not too many, i try to be careful with what i buy, but Championship/Football manager is just something i could never fathom, and thus is the worst 'game' i've ever played. I can't understand how it's so highly though of, it's so mind numbingly boring.

Aside from that, Mission Impossible on the n64 was pretty terrible, or anything my bother has ever bought, like Fifa street. Ohh lord help me, that was awful. terrible controls, the commentator guy that you couldn't scilence....

And Black and White 2. Terrible game that removed everything fun from the original, and made it bland and uninteresting.
    And a god having to "buy" spells? what the fvck was that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

Pretty easilly.

The worst game i've ever played, well there not too many, i try to be careful with what i buy, but Championship/Football manager is just something i could never fathom, and thus is the worst 'game' i've ever played. I can't understand how it's so highly though of, it's so mind numbingly boring.

Aside from that, Mission Impossible on the n64 was pretty terrible, or anything my bother has ever bought, like Fifa street. Ohh lord help me, that was awful. terrible controls, the commentator guy that you couldn't scilence....

And Black and White 2. Terrible game that removed everything fun from the original, and made it bland and uninteresting.
    And a god having to "buy" spells? what the fvck was that about?

bought the original black and white i thought it was entertaining and was thinking of buying the second now i know i wont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Thankfully something good came of my suffering.....

and for everyone else never even touch let alone play the game that is crash boom bang (shudder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

"D"

On PS1

A turd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've played so many terrible games.

James Bond Jr. on the Snes, what a load of horse poo! (Thank god I didn't own this!)
    Manhunt on PS2, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring & repitive!!
    V-Rally on the N64, the only game that has physically made me bananas, shout obscenities at the TV and leave me blue in the face!
    Any Football Manager games, I just don't understand the stupid hype around it. Jesus, go play Pro Evo or something else proper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Oh, and
    Halo
    Judging from that comment I would assume you will not be buying it on the 26th:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

0ubliette wrote:
    Of recent times, the worst game ive played hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, 100% guaranteed HORSE SH!T, Armed assault takes the jaffa cake.
    My experience with said horse **** goes like this:

Buy from play.com after a few recommendations online. DVD arrives, game is installed, woo hoo, hardcore realistic army sim here we come. 5 Minutes later, "Why are there no textures on anything? Why is that soldiers face distorted beyond all recognition? Why does this game run like a 3 legged dog even tho its not rendering any textures? Why did i pay money for this?? WHY DOES THAT TRUCK HAVE SQUARE WHEELS?!?" presses esc rapidly.
    Weeks later patch 1.05 released, i decided to give it another try, 5 minutes in realise its changed sod all. The wheels are still square.
    Months later tries patch 1.8, oh look theyve finally added a tutorial....hmm looks like they need a tutorial for the tutorial as i still cant figure out WTF is going on. Nope, still ****, quits game, wonders what i couldve wasted the 40 euro on that wouldve been better, like paying someone to punch me or something...

Nonsense your machine is obviously cack ..It runs perfectly on mine since the start. Looks amazing too on a 26inch lcd :)

Worst game/disappointing game for me would be Gears of War.
    I thought it was so boring. Actually sold the 360 about 3 weeks after getting it. shoot hide shoot hide..next gen pffft :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oblivion.

I don't get it, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I agree with whoever mentioned Sonic Heroes, that was just disastrous.
    And the first hated, soul destroying game that popped into my head was Forbidden Siren on the PS2. Looked like it had a good premise, but was absolutely impossible to play.

• Advertisement

There are many crap games, here are a select few of mine;
    Low G Man on the NES.
    Totally Rad for the NES.
    Coolspot-Mega Drive.
    Rise of the robots-Mega Drive.
    Exhumed -PS1
    State of Emergency - PS2
    Incoming-Dreamcast.
    Blue Stinger-Dreamcast.
    Splinter Cell DA-PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Merrick wrote:
    And the first hated, soul destroying game that popped into my head was Forbidden Siren on the PS2. Looked like it had a good premise, but was absolutely impossible to play.
    Yeah and it had the worst acting in video game history which didn't help much either.

If I was to pick a worst game I might go with Malice on the PS2... it was horrible... it felt like it was made by a bunch of people who had read about platform games in books, but had never actually played one.

well most of the mario party games wer a load of crap but some people like them but i dont. i was going to buy eight because lack of wii games but it was recalled for saying sp*stic or something which was stupid. a game being recalled for that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Exhumed -PS1

Whatwhatwhat!!!?!
    its not as good as the saturn version ,but its one of the few decent fps's on the PS1;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

CSI on the xbox.

Worst game ev er, and yet i was compelled to finish it! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I couldn't stand GTA3. I think what annoyed me most was that the radio station only had about 15 to 20 minutes of stuff on them and repeated way too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

well most of the mario party games wer a load of crap but some people like them but i dont. i was going to buy eight because lack of wii games but it was recalled for saying sp*stic or something which was stupid. a game being recalled for that?
    Erm, I think you have it confused with a DS game that Ubisoft pulled due to the Japanese dev team using that word in it.

tman wrote:
    Erm, I think you have it confused with a DS game that Ubisoft pulled due to the Japanese dev team using that word in it.

no its mario party eight i have the full story here

Mario Party 8 only hit shops on Friday after being delayed but Nintendo will now whip every last copy back off shelves after the "wrong version" of the game founds its way into retail.

"[Mario Party 8] was launched in the UK today. Unfortunately we have discovered that a small number of games contain the wrong version of the disk due to an assembly error. We have therefore decided to recall all copies of the game from UK retailers so that this mistake can be corrected," reads the official Nintendo website.

By "wrong version" Nintendo means the version that contains the word 'spastic' in its script. At one point in the game the blue wizard known as Kamek says: "Magikoopa magic! Turn the train spastic! Make this ticket tragic!" God knows what he's trying to say, but it was supposed to be removed from the game before its launch.

Nintendo has yet to confirm when the game will be re-launched, saying that it will make an announcement soon.

"We very much regret any inconvenience caused."

Mario Party 8 is the second title to recently be pulled from shelves due to the appearance of the word "spastic" in-game. Ubisoft had to move quickly to withdraw PSP and DS game Mind Quiz following complaints over the appearance of "super spastic", a label given to players performing poorly in the game.

but i see the part about the ubisoft game too:eek: what is with people saying it in games??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Whatwhatwhat!!!?!
    its not as good as the saturn version ,but its one of the few decent fps's on the PS1;)

Indeed. Exhumed was a brilliant game. Worst I've ever played was Shadowman 2econd Coming - the game was just broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jet Ion GP, a wipeout clone for the PS2 that sucked giant donkey balls. It only cost me €20 but I'll mourn the loss of that score for years yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Nonsense your machine is obviously cack ..It runs perfectly on mine since the start. Looks amazing too on a 26inch lcd :)

Worst game/disappointing game for me would be Gears of War.
    I thought it was so boring. Actually sold the 360 about 3 weeks after getting it. shoot hide shoot hide..next gen pffft :rolleyes:

The machine runs everything else fine, arma is just a bug riddled unplayable pile of horse ****. And looks wise, insurgency looks prettier than arma, and its a mod ffs..

Whoever said forbidden siren was spot on too..i got a lend of that and turned it off for good after a half hour, it made the acting in resident evil 1 look like hamlet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Oblivion.

I don't get it, at all.

Hear hear.

Gorgeous looking game, but what a bunch of complete and utter arse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Syphon Filter on the PS1 - couldn't make head nor tail of it.. :confused:
    Syphon Filter games are so class. I've been trying to think of that name for days they were that good. Single and multiplayer, it had it all. Anybody remember the opening of number 2 where you are on a mountain and guys are parashuting out of the sky and you are just laying into them with your guns. Don't get me started on how good tasers/air tasers were.
    :)

I can only think of parappatherappa as a terrible game I have played. None really spring to mind as I only have ever bought good games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I can only think of parappatherappa as a terrible game I have played. None really spring to mind as I only have ever bought good games.

arigtfofh6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Wertz wrote:
    Jet Ion GP, a wipeout clone for the PS2 that sucked giant donkey balls. It only cost me €20 but I'll mourn the loss of that score for years yet.

lol! I think that game got the lowest score in ps2 game history EVER! it got like 2% or 7% out of a hundred.

Some of the worst games iv played:
    Boiling Point: Road to hell - Boiling Sh!te more like, if this game was programmed properly if would have actually been a decent game.

Pathologic: - Not technically a bad game its just this game is so f**king hard to understand that iv had to literally turn it off and uninstall it. If your some kind of surrealist with a weird sense of imagination then this is the game for you.

Black & White 2: - As others have said this is a terrible game, it only looks nice.

Vietcong 2: - For some reason i didn't like this game, i loved the first one but i couldn't stand playing this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

0ubliette wrote:
    The machine runs everything else fine, arma is just a bug riddled unplayable pile of horse ****. And looks wise, insurgency looks prettier than arma, and its a mod ffs..

Whoever said forbidden siren was spot on too..i got a lend of that and turned it off for good after a half hour, it made the acting in resident evil 1 look like hamlet
    Care to detail your specs ?
    Seriously I'm running it in full details at highest resolution without a single issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I never liked the look of those Syphon Filter games... the way the guy ran about the place looked like he'd shat himself.

I notice a lot of people are just naming off games that they didn't like as opposed to games that are genuinely terrible... either that of most of you haven't played any truly terrible games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I notice a lot of people are just naming off games that they didn't like as opposed to games that are genuinely terrible... either that of most of you haven't played any truly terrible games.

It would depend on the person though as well, iv played and actually liked games that are considered terrible,almost unplayable bug ridden messes, one such being Ultima Ascension. I think though really nearly everyone can straight away know which games ARE terrible in every way possible and avoid them like the plague but everyone has their own games that they personally do & don't like. What one person likes another might dislike with a passion.

I never liked the look of those Syphon Filter games... the way the guy ran about the place looked like he'd shat himself.

well the title is the worst game YOUVE ever played so its really anyones opinion and another terrible game well games really was the crash bandicoot series when it wasent made by naughty dog anymore and in the new one he talks!!!! like wtf has happend to that series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Blue Stinger-Dreamcast.

BLERGARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLEERRRGGRAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!! :mad: I almost smashed my TV with temper about 10 minutes into this game. Piece of ****.

Advertisement