Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst game youve ever played

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blue Stinger wasn't all that bad. It had the best game character ever in it, Dogs Bowser :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can only think of parappatherappa as a terrible game I have played. None really spring to mind as I only have ever bought good games.

I have no respect for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Keep your crap game and crap respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have to say any single title in the Oddworld series. ****ing terrible crappy games altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Fight club for the xbox, god awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

no its mario party eight i have the full story here

Mario Party 8 only hit shops on Friday after being delayed but Nintendo will now whip every last copy back off shelves after the "wrong version" of the game founds its way into retail.

"[Mario Party 8] was launched in the UK today. Unfortunately we have discovered that a small number of games contain the wrong version of the disk due to an assembly error. We have therefore decided to recall all copies of the game from UK retailers so that this mistake can be corrected," reads the official Nintendo website.

By "wrong version" Nintendo means the version that contains the word 'spastic' in its script. At one point in the game the blue wizard known as Kamek says: "Magikoopa magic! Turn the train spastic! Make this ticket tragic!" God knows what he's trying to say, but it was supposed to be removed from the game before its launch.

Nintendo has yet to confirm when the game will be re-launched, saying that it will make an announcement soon.

"We very much regret any inconvenience caused."

Mario Party 8 is the second title to recently be pulled from shelves due to the appearance of the word "spastic" in-game. Ubisoft had to move quickly to withdraw PSP and DS game Mind Quiz following complaints over the appearance of "super spastic", a label given to players performing poorly in the game.

but i see the part about the ubisoft game too:eek: what is with people saying it in games??

Speculation here, but perhaps it's due to some sort of translation software translating a nippon word into english correctly and Q&A testers not picking it up.

DarkJager wrote:
    I have to say any single title in the Oddworld series. ****ing terrible crappy games altogether..

You need some disrespect as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oddworld games were really cool. The main character just really annoyed me, and that damn noise...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The noise rocked! I loved Oddworld and PaRappa. You have no soul Tar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

X2 the threat - the training missions crashed half way through so you could never finish the training. I brought it straight back to the shop and they were like 'yeah a lot of people are bringing that one back...'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Keep your crap game and crap respect!
    Kick, punch, it's all in the mind...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DarkJager wrote:

Em.. Strangers Wrath was probably the best game on the original Xbox. And the Abe games are classics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Mystic Quest Legend (or final fantasy mystic quest as twas called in the US)

Complete crap, cousin told me it was like Zelda, but no, just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

but i see the part about the ubisoft game too:eek: what is with people saying it in games??
    What are the odds of that happening with 2 games in such a short space of time:p
    I guess both games were developed over in Japan and that word is somehow more acceptable over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

tman wrote:
    What are the odds of that happening with 2 games in such a short space of time:p
    I guess both games were developed over in Japan and that word is somehow more acceptable over there

yup europe might have a thing about obscene words in games now that there not taking chances with games like manhunt causing controvery and being banned and taking off the shelves completly so maybe nintendo thought that might happen to mario party eight

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DarkJager wrote:

Now you're just talking rubbish. Abe's Odyssey and Strangers Wrath are two of the best games of the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh and Ultima Ascension broke my heart. I wanted to love that game so much, it just wouldn't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Project IGI on the PC. Just a terrible terrible game
    Incoming on the PC. It was really just a graphics showcase, and it actually wasn't that nice to look at.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Blue Stinger wasn't all that bad. It had the best game character ever in it, Dogs Bowser :D

Yes it was. Terrible camera, horrible gameplay. I got this with my dreamcast and after 20 minutes I was saying what have I done? I want my money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

eo980 wrote:
    Incoming on the PC. It was really just a graphics showcase, and it actually wasn't that nice to look at.

No way! I loved IGI, especially when I found out that you could stand at a particular point behind the enemy barracks and kill them all with a shotgun through the wall as they spawned. That was fun.

But silly glitches and overly repeated architecture aside it did have a kickass snipery and that'll always make me love an FPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

X3: reunion so annoying faaarrr to big then besides getting lost loads in it and getting chased by damn pirates i got to safe area but then to get back to where i was going i had to go past pirates and i never could get past them sooo annoying!! grr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Men In Black on the PS1... I couldnt get out of the apartment at the start!

Yes it was. Terrible camera, horrible gameplay. I got this with my dreamcast and after 20 minutes I was saying what have I done? I want my money back!

If you watch consolevania you would know I was being sarcastic.

Mace Griffin was also pretty crap imo. Good concept, terribly executed. Trying to fly the spaceships was impossible, especially when you had to dock the damn things. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It would depend on the person though as well, iv played and actually liked games that are considered terrible,almost unplayable bug ridden messes, one such being Ultima Ascension.
    I remember looking forward to that game for SO long, I nearly cried when PC Gamer reviewed the US version and slated it. That said, last summer I paid a rather large sum for a mint copy from eBay, just to have it. You have to admit, lovely box and goodies inside. ;)
    eo980 wrote:
    Loved it myself but really hated the fact there was no save games at all. Sure it didn't have to be quick saves but even waypoints or something, it made the last level so bloody hard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

A few spring to mind:

Lemmings 3D, Simpsons Wrestling, Oblivion (yeah, just couldnt see it either), and more recently, Bainisteoir Hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Oh dear lord, I can't believe I forgot, I must have just blocked the memory.
    Anyone here like Final Fantasy X2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Merrick wrote:
    Oh dear lord, I can't believe I forgot, I must have just blocked the memory.
    Anyone here like Final Fantasy X2?
    Oh god no that was an awful game never bothered even finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    Men In Black on the PS1... I couldnt get out of the apartment at the start!

I had that too, for the pc. It was fairly bad alright, but I've played much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ORPHEN SCION OF SCORCEREY,had it for the ps2,it was a joke of an rpg ,man that game sucked ass
    "the crystal egg"blazing balls of fire" hahahaha =D

Advertisement