Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst game youve ever played

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Two worst games I have ever played would have to be:

Pit Fighter and Swampthing on the original gameboy.

Utter utter pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol, reminded me of all the crap games I used to rent for my sega, man some of them where crap

Of the ones I can remember

cool spot
    Ecco the dolphin
    Greendog (I actually rented it twice forgetting how bad it was the first time, lol)

More recently:
    Doom 3: SOOOOO repetitive and monotonous
    Test drive unlimited: Some people love it, I hated it, it got uninstalled nearly as soon as i'd taken my first test drive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cool Spot was great and Ecco wasn't all that bad.

Greendog on the other hand was an abomination.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looking at some of the games mentioned here, seriously, how many games have you played? 3?

Hard to pick one as I've been playing games since the Commodore 16, but gun to my head... the 1994 PC classic 'Virtuoso'.
    Many people play video or computer games to get away from the drudgeries of a workday and for the 21st century rock star hero of Virtuoso, life is no different. Donning a virtual reality headset to whisk himself away from the suffocating atmosphere of stardom, he enters a world known as Virtuoso.

In the role of this heavy metal rocker, your task is to sit back, relax and blast your way through three available missions. Control of this long haired, leather-wearing dude is from a third-person perspective, allowing you to move in any direction in the linear environments, strafe to either side avoiding enemies, or press against a wall and sidestep to avoid enemy fire.
    As I recall, the animation for our 'hero' consisted of 3 different frames - one image of him looking forward, one of him looking right, and a mirror image of him looking left. 3 missions, wow! All of them looked like a bad version of Wolfenstein. Unbelievably awful.

Did anyone else have Revolution X. My brother got it for the mega drive for his birthday. This was a side scrolling shooter featuring aerosmith. You used CD's to shoot people. This game sucked ass like no other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah Cool Spot.
    Also a rental from me. I remember liking it, but even then I was a bit "hmm" about the product placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Naikon wrote:
    Daikatana is probably the worst game I have played.
    Game play was awful, as was everything else about the game.
    I remember in one of the PC games magazines John Romero told the interviewer that the game would far surpass half life or something to that effect.
    Needless to say, when it was released, it was a total joke tbh.
    Anyone hear about the E.T game on the atari 2600 that was so bad, 5 million copies were buried in the new mexico desert? LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(Atari_2600)

Oh my God! I had that.
    It's only the screenshot in the Wikipedia article that reminded me.

Don't know if I ever finished it, enjoyed it though.

Mind you, I was about 6.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Burnout Legends -DS
    Unreal 2 - PC
    Christmas Lemmings (Amiga)
    Vortex (snes)
    Sonic (the new 3d one) (Xbox 360)
    Final Fantasy X2 (ps2)
    GRAW (360)

all the above absolute stinkers imo, im sure theres more but cant remember right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Christmas lemmings wasnt ****e!! It was festive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Oh, and
    Halo

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

STFU Grumpy, everyone knows Halo is teh suck!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

chrome hounds on the 360 sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    chrome hounds on the 360 sucks

Yeah that is a seriously ****ty game. SO much potential but they screwed it up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

I Rented It For A Few Days And It Was So Bad I Played It Only Once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Easily the worst game I have ever played is Pariah. It was just so f#cking bad! :eek:

Daikitana was ridiculous indeed. It was hyped up for years because it had some famous designer making it but when it was released it was done in such a rush that it was pretty much unplayable. If I remember correctly it was supposedly in development for years. It reminds me of the, as yet unreleased, new Duke Nukem game which nobody even cares about any more :D

Brothers in arms was terrible in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Worst game/disappointing game for me would be Gears of War. I thought it was so boring. Actually sold the 360 about 3 weeks after getting it. shoot hide shoot hide..next gen pffft :rolleyes:

I completely understand your view with GOW.

For me it was the total opposite. However the first time I played it was online with a friend of mine and we were using the microphones on xbox live etc etc so with the lights turned off and the sound up high it was probably the penultimate if not the ultimate gaming experience for me.

Solo, when I tried it, it was very boring. But that didnt bother me as much because I knew the fun I had and could have playing online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Froot wrote:
    Brothers in arms was terrible in my opinion.

Thought Brothers in Arms was alright. Earned in Blood on the other hand was outstanding. Really great game that made you use real tactics unlike the usual run and gun generic FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Stephen wrote:
    I'm sure I've played worse over the years, but what immediately comes to mind is State of Emergency. What a piece of $hit.

Seconded.

There was no objective to the game apart from running about braking windows and killing people, it was well worth getting €2.35 out of GameStop for it... I bought meself a packet of crisps and a coke from it. THATS HOW **** IT WAS!

What was your man on when he made it :rolleyes: .

Oh yeah, almost forgot..... Gaelic Games 2006! Awful, Awful, AWFUL!

Oh well, at least it's something where you can win the All-Ireland with Cavan! Something we hadn't practiced in 60 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Nailz wrote:
    Oh yeah, almost forgot..... Gaelic Games 2006! Awful, Awful, AWFUL!

Oh well, at least it's something where you can win the All-Ireland with Cavan! Something we hadn't practiced in 60 years!

One of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Brought it into Gamestop to trade,got 2 yo-yos. (2 more than it was worth!) :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Froot wrote:
    Easily the worst game I have ever played is Pariah. It was just so f#cking bad! :eek:

ohh jesus, i'd forgotten about that mess of a game

I heard there's a Hurling Game out... any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

World of Warcraft, I decided I'd give it a go so I spend god knows how long downloading the thing, signed in and got chased and killed by a dog, then he killed me again and again ... crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭sioda

As of today EA Rugby 08 what a load of utter uncontrolable crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Prey on the 360

Pure muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

micmclo wrote:
    Prey on the 360

Pure muck!

If that's the worst game you've ever played, it must also be the only one. Prey's not a brilliant game, but it's a solid shooter with some neat ideas. People coming up with games like Halo, GTA and World of Warcraft are talking crap. You may not have liked them, but unless you don't play very many games, they can't be the worst you've ever played.

Getting back on topic, I played Shaq-Fu again recently, now that was a bad game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If that's the worst game you've ever played, it must also be the only one. Prey's not a brilliant game, but it's a solid shooter with some neat ideas. People coming up with games like Halo, GTA and World of Warcraft are talking crap. You may not have liked them, but unless you don't play very many games, they can't be the worst you've ever played.

Well I play plenty of games, although I usually only play the ones that get good reviews / feedback. I rarely go out of my way to play bad games - in fact, I don't think I ever have. Halo I would rank as one of the worst as it recieves massive hype from a huge fanbase, but I thought the entire experience was a chore - not many other games Ive played could be described that way. I have come across utter drivel in my day, but I honestly have to say Halo is the most disapointing and dull game I have played in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

tomb raider; angel of darkness(ps2) pure filth. star wars episode 1 (ps1). final fantasy x-2 was ok, bit girly with all the wardrobe changes but kinda entertaining. square sold out though doing a direct sequel.
    hate sonic rush on the ds too. confusing going from one screen to the other without warning, nothin origional about the game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

writetojd wrote:
    tomb raider; angel of darkness(ps2) pure filth. star wars episode 1 (ps1). final fantasy x-2 was ok, bit girly with all the wardrobe changes but kinda entertaining. square sold out though doing a direct sequel.
    hate sonic rush on the ds too. confusing going from one screen to the other without warning, nothin origional about the game too.

how can you hate sonic rush that game was deadly at least it wasent like sonic heroes and shadow the hedgehog(shiver) at least it was like the originals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

PN 03. The only game to make me violently ill. Probably as a result of completely unrelated factors, but I brought it back the next day nonetheless.

Advertisement