Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting tv

Options
  • 15-07-2007 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭

lads how can you be sure that a wall can hold a 37" tv

is there way of testing it or somthing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

so long as it's a block wall, the only thing to worry about is your choice of bracket. Wouldn't risk that sort of weight on latts.

Uncle put up a 42" Bravia on his wall. Still standing after 3 months.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

check what kind of wall it is and ask at your good local hardware shop what fixings to use. I recently mounted a 42" Plasma on a wall that was plasterboard/insulation/stud... I got plugs (a new Irish design) in Decwells (Sth Great Georges Street Dublin) that form a "head" on the other side of the plasterboard. Each screw can hold 50kg so I feel pretty confidenent.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

This is almost comical, but I have to revive this thread....I'm in a similar situation, want to mount 37" tv to a plasterboard partition wall, was thinking of finding joists to screw mount into but if these screws will work that will be handy, if I bought a basic flat to the wall mount would these screws be ok to replace the ones that come with the mounting kit?

Advertisement