Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway races, sneaking people into hotel rooms!

Options
  • 15-07-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey, after eventually finding somewhere to stay for the fri, sat and sun of race week (we are 3 23yr old females),have paid obscene prices for a triple room in the quality hotel, was wondering what's the chances of sneaking at least one more, maybe two into out room?!!!! taking into account we probably won't be falling back to the hotel til the early hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Where are you staying? I've been back to the residents bar in a few hotels for late drinks, had to really blag my way in as they usually have a bouncer on duty with a list of room numbers and names - they tick them off as people return to the hotel... :rolleyes:
    FWIW, lots of people tend to score during Race Week so odds are you may not all be going back to the hotel at the end of the night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

you'll probably need acard each or something to get back into the hotel at the endof the night so no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jidsudap

Where are you staying? I've been back to the residents bar in a few hotels for late drinks, had to really blag my way in as they usually have a bouncer on duty with a list of room numbers and names - they tick them off as people return to the hotel... :rolleyes:
    FWIW, lots of people tend to score during Race Week so odds are you may not all be going back to the hotel at the end of the night ;)
    You're a guy, I'm thinking we might have more of a chance in getting by the bouncers?! The thought did strike our mind that we all wouldn't be coming back every night, will have to work out a rota of who can'tcome back each night! staying in the quality, although not sure if its going to live up to its name!!! any recommendations for where to head, other than shop st drinking on the streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'm a big fan of bribes. Try your luck, "look man, there's three of us booked in, and a mate wants to kip on the floor. We're not scumbags, just want to offer a friend a place to stay. Will twenty or thirty quid change your mind?"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's very common with people trying to sneak mates into hotel rooms and the staff are usually vigilant for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

jidsudap wrote:
    You're a guy, I'm thinking we might have more of a chance in getting by the bouncers?! The thought did strike our mind that we all wouldn't be coming back every night, will have to work out a rota of who can'tcome back each night! staying in the quality, although not sure if its going to live up to its name!!! any recommendations for where to head, other than shop st drinking on the streets?

Well I've a bed free each night for whoever didn't make the rota ;):D:D

See this thread for recommendations during race week http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055112652

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Odd one this, but as far as I know the Ramada in Oranmore has rooms available for any night except Wednesday or Thursday, or they have a room or two for people who want to stay the whole week. Price is a bit steep, though, at around e250 per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

I work in the quality hotel. Whatever hope you had is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

maniac2003 wrote:
    I work in the quality hotel. Whatever hope you had is gone now.

LMAO! Name your price maniac!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not much chance, bastards don't usually budge at all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Emergency exits people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I've got half a double bed, send pics first though

Advertisement