Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelico or 3 for USB wireless broadband ?

Options
  • 15-07-2007 9:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Perlico are reselling 3 broadband

http://www.perlico.com/mobile/MobileInternet.aspx
    Mb Bundle Monthly Cost Out of Bundle Datacard Cost
    Mobile Broadband 10Gb 10Gb €19.99 €0.05 €129

so given the support is going to be painful whichever way you go is there any advantage in going with one over the other ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Perlico are reselling 3 broadband

http://www.perlico.com/mobile/MobileInternet.aspx
    Mb Bundle Monthly Cost Out of Bundle Datacard Cost
    Mobile Broadband 10Gb 10Gb €19.99 €0.05 €129

so given the support is going to be painful whichever way you go is there any advantage in going with one over the other ?

Whoever you get it from, you will still be dealing with 3's support centre, in India. Apparently they are not too difficult to deal with. Mind you, I have only had to call once, but my query was dealt with very quickly.

edit. Also, check if perlico will honour 3's 14 day money back guarantee. Important that, given the number of coverage blind spots there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

One and the same, i'd go with 3 though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Best to hear it directly from the hourses mouth, I'd go with Three directly imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Three definetly, they really are a under rated network

though at times customer service can be bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'd go with three themselves. I don't trust Perlico after my father was being charged for stuff from eircom on our Perlico bill (not line rental, flat rate dialup access that we weren't using as we had perlico flat rate).

We rang Perlico and they said we had to contact eircom to tell them to stop charging us and eircom told us that Perlico should stop billing us and they had nothing to do with it.

We ended up having to call comreg and report it to Perlico and then they suddenly were able to stop charging us. Ridiculous situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I thought that under T&Cs that you had to write to some eircom office in Fairview (??) to cancel the flat rate service. I think eircom were the ones spinning ****e in that passage of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In the past 189x numbers are still charged by eircom not CPS (resellers).

Resellers at the end of the day are not real competion and can't offer a better Quality of Service as it is still eircom.

it's only worth using a reseller if it part of some bundle of their own service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I thought that under T&Cs that you had to write to some eircom office in Fairview (??) to cancel the flat rate service. I think eircom were the ones spinning ****e in that passage of events.

We had confirmed with eircom before switching to Perlico that we had gone off the service but got charged anyway.

Don't knows whos fault it was but Perlico weren't helpful.

Advertisement