Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

could jenny houston be the most annoying person alive

• 15-07-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

im serious , this woman with thee most pronounced north american accent ive ever heard is the biggest head bonk on the radio
    not only that shes turned her hand to psychology now , ive heard her on gerry ryan the past few weeks talking about how we need to be more confident being naked or confident at other crap , blah blah blah

shes a dose if ever thier was

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sounds like a right little wasp sh'o enough.

I must listen out for her and so far my view coincides with Irish B on other threads,I'm sure I will develope an instant dislike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

She lived in Canada for a number of years, hence the accent. However it is a typical RTE attitude , stick anyone who "seems" vaguely popular anywhere and everywhere. She has been showing up a lot lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

she is awful. how did she get the gig ?
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Gotta say that whatever about her voice, the music that she plays between 6pm and 9pm on a Saturday night is excellent. A wide range of songs and artists spanning all decades! Well worth a listen, just mute her voice people...and listen to the songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I find her voice quite sexy, actually. I've no problem listening to her. I usually enjoy her items on the Gerry Ryan show, too. The time she spent about half an hour trying to explain to him what an 'emo' was, was fairly amusing.

But hey, that's just me. Carry on with the hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

robo wrote:
    Gotta say that whatever about her voice, the music that she plays between 6pm and 9pm on a Saturday night is excellent. A wide range of songs and artists spanning all decades! Well worth a listen, just mute her voice people...and listen to the songs!

I hate that, when the DJ is a tosser but the music is quite good... Case in point would be Alice Cooper on Today FM... He's a nonce & if he was removed from the gene pool the world would be a better place, egotistical prat... However, the music he plays is quite good, so i suffer on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I like Jenny.

"Could Jenny Houston be the most annoying person alive?"
    No, that honour goes to people who put on annoying accents for ads, AA Roadwatch etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

From memory she used to play some pretty good tunes. I didn't mind her voice or accent either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

irish_bob wrote:
    could jenny houston be the most annoying person alive?

She was crap on Live Earth on TV but she's a lot more bearable than Colm, Jim, Leahy, Ruth.......

Dan Hegarty, Jenny and Rick O'Shea are the only good presenters on 2fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

"id like to take her mother out for a steak dinner....... and never call her again"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

jb91 wrote:
    She was crap on Live Earth on TV but she's a lot more bearable than Colm, Jim, Leahy, Ruth.......

Dan Hegarty, Jenny and Rick O'Shea are the only good presenters on 2fm.

rick o shea is awfull , i have to boycott 2fm in the afternoons , its just aswell the dj,s DJ tony fenton is on today fm at the same time
    rick o shea used to work at atlantic 252 and it shows , he,s got the same mid atlantic style that dusty rhodes who also began at atlantic 252 had
    cant stand the guy , he aint funny even he thinks he is and he aint clever either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I find her voice quite sexy, actually. I've no problem listening to her. I usually enjoy her items on the Gerry Ryan show, too. The time she spent about half an hour trying to explain to him what an 'emo' was, was fairly amusing.

But hey, that's just me. Carry on with the hate.
    i like her too! must be the weather making people angry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

irish_bob wrote:
    rick o shea is awfull , i have to boycott 2fm in the afternoons , its just aswell the dj,s DJ tony fenton is on today fm at the same time
    rick o shea used to work at atlantic 252 and it shows , he,s got the same mid atlantic style that dusty rhodes who also began at atlantic 252 had
    cant stand the guy , he aint funny even he thinks he is and he aint clever either

I think you're thinking of Mooney over on Radio 1. Rick's not funny and he's not trying to be. And how can anyone that hates fake accents listen to Teauny Feinshun? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

jb91 wrote:
    I think you're thinking of Mooney over on Radio 1. Rick's not funny and he's not trying to be. And how can anyone that hates fake accents listen to Teauny Feinshun? :rolleyes:
    "Dooo yaaaa waaannnaa heeerrrrrr mooooooooorrre" Oh I hate that from Mooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Alice Cooper is funny and sarcastic.

Worst person EVER on the radio was John Creedon on Radio 1. Closely followed by Tony 'Smashey' Fenton. I mean for **** sake? The guy sounds like a clapped out Tony Blackburn wanna-be with an incredibly bad pseudo-American accent. He was done for dangerous driving last year along with another prick, Adrian Kennedy.

Brenda Donoghue and Derek mooney are incredibly bland and manage to spoil ever item they talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tony Fenton - I don't even have to make an argument. I'm convinced he's a robot. The same songs at the same time every day. The same witless comments to the goons who ring in for his godawful "Wall of sound" (has anyone heard the jingle for it *vomits*) and not to mention that accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Look lads, Sean Moncrieff is on the same time as Fenton so do yourselfs a favour and switch over to Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

irish_bob wrote:

Gotta love this shi*e.

Two of the most respected DJs in Ireland, getting 'slated' by some spotty teenager on an internet forum. :D

Rick is very much a pleasure to listen to and Dusty Rhodes made evening radio full of energy when he was on 2FM in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

irish_bob wrote:

Need to echo BigBalls on that ....

Gotta love this shi*e.

Two of the most respected DJs in Ireland, getting 'slated' by some spotty teenager on an internet forum.

How do you work out that Rick O'Shea & Dusty Rhodes have similar styles?! Rick O Shea has a deep rich sounding voice and completely different presentation style to what Dusty Rhodes had on Atlantic 252 or 2FM's most wanted. With no dis-respect to Dusty , he had a more nasal sounding voice and a more pop-jock style (similar to Floody on Today FM IMO)

Rick O Shea, along with Will Leahy are an exceptionally good addition to the 2FM daytime schedule. Dusty Rhodes is the main man in one of the top radio production companies in Ireland, was an excellent jock on 2FM/Atlantic 252 and is a gentleman.

Seriously, if you want to have a pop at somebody, try to string some facts together before you bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

This thread has become surreal or else someone is having a larf. Tony Fenton, Dusty Rhodes et al are pure muck (personality and mucially). Jenny is ok - who cares if she puts on an accent (which is debatable if she does or not) - the music is what matters.

• Advertisement

kmick wrote:
    Jenny is ok - who cares if she puts on an accent (which is debatable if she does or not)

She doesn't put on the accent. Note the born and raised in Canada bit ...........
    Jenny Huston was born and raised in the West Coast of Canada where her Irish parents relocated in the late 60's. She broke into radio via her University station CFUV, a campus/community station at the University of Victoria, where she presented an afternoon rock show while finishing a BA in Psychology. Jenny moved to Ireland in 1996, where she cut her teeth working with Radio Kilkenny doing slots on Friday and Saturday nights.

Jenny moved to Dublin after a couple of years to do a Higher Diploma in Arts Administration at UCD. Phantom FM, one of Dublin 's pirate stations, was starting to make waves around this time and Jenny joined the crew in 1999. She co-presented 'the grrly hour' and produced and presented The Waiting Room. The Waiting Room now calls RTÉ 2FM home! During the day Jenny was General Manager of The Corn Exchange, a multi award winning independent theatre production company. She produced the productions CAR SHOW, FOLEY, LOLITA and most recently MUD.

A very happy Jenny joined RTÉ 2FM in July 2003. Jenny was a contributor on the new TV entertainment show ID+ for RTÉ Network 2. Interviewing the bands Franz Ferdinand, Ash and The Shins.

http://www.cork2005.ie/press/release.asp?id=539

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

She doesn't put on the accent. Note the born and raised in Canada bit ...........

http://www.cork2005.ie/press/release.asp?id=539

Exactly, eh lads, SHE'S CANADIAN, which might explain her having a Canadian accent....

Did yiz actually think she was Irish and was just putting on the accent? Holy mother of crap.

So she doesn't put on the accent, that doesn't take away from the fact that she sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Before I managed to ipod my car I listened to her saturday eve show and its quite good. Note I haven't listened to 2fm in over 10 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't say she bothers me. I suppose I understand a little bit where some of you guys are coming from. But she plays awesome music - her taste is exactly like mine.

i didnt for a second think jenny houston was putting on that accent , that doestn take away from the fact that i cant stand her oh and i stand by my view that rick o shea is extremley annoying
    tony fenton is what they call the dj,s DJ , a bit like the late tommy vance from the uk , hes very tongue in cheek and the music on his show is jammed with classics
    i think the best dj,s on 2fm are cormac battle and will leahy, leahy though is alot like colin and jim jim , his show is laced with humour
    the worst on 2fm are the afforementioned rick o shea , jenny ( could my pronounciations possibley be more round) and cheese on toast herself , ruth scott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I find Jenny Houston very agreeable on the old ears, so cannot agree with originally posed statements about her. Now, in fairness, I do not often hear her, not being an habitual 2FM listener, and I have never heard her doing her Gerry Ryan thing. But she certainly does not irritate me and I like the music she plays, especially the anthems-type stuff. I suppose one of the reaons I would not hear her too often is she would be competing with her old station Phantom, which I do listen to.

So, Jenny Houston was previously involved with Phantom as a pirate, as were two other 2FM jocks Dan Hegarty and Cormac Battle. Incidentally, Today FM has another ex-Phantom Canadian female jock in the voice of Alison Curtis.

I do not have strong feelings really about the other individuals mentioned, although Tony Fenton probably would get to me if I heard him on a regular basis! In fact, I don't think I have heard him on his current slot at all. My advice for the afternoon slot is either listen to Phantom Daily with Simon Maher on 105.2 or on the Internet (www.phantom.ie), or listen to Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk.

My last word : leave Jenny alone! I like listening to Canadians - really cool accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Anto McC wrote:
    Look lads, Sean Moncrieff is on the same time as Fenton so do yourselfs a favour and switch over to Newstalk.
    he actually makes me laugh out loud

solas wrote:
    he actually makes me laugh out loud

Exactly. Untill he came along i didn't believe in radio without music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

He sounds like an auld hag with his ramblings.

ive relatives in canada , jenny houston doestn have a canadian accent
    she has a california accent , hence the long drawn out pronounciation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've heard her say "aboot" more than once!

irish bob wrote:
    ive relatives in canada , jenny houston doestn have a canadian accent
    she has a california accent , hence the long drawn out pronounciation

you're kind of contradicting your previous post there...
    irish bob wrote:
    i didnt for a second think jenny houston was putting on that accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Did you ever think there might be maybe two different types of Canadian accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

dont mind jenny heuston.
    Anne Marie Kelly on Today FM... her voice makes me want to poke my eyes out with needles. It is incredibly grating on my ears for some reason... and I cant put my finger on the why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Jenny's alright.

Cormace Battle sounds like Jack Black in High Fidelity. Yes, you were in a band, yes you're cooler than us :rolleyes: . Get over it.

Advertisement