Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-Shirt Printing Websites - Cafepress & Spreadshirt etc

Options
  • 15-07-2007 10:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Has anyone here got one of these shops on their website? I'm thinking of setting up a shop selling T-Shirts branded with logos and designs aimed at my websites specific target audience. i'm not planning on making millions on it, I mainly want it to help promote my website and just have it as a nice little extra feature. However to do it properly I am going to have to put some money behind it.

I'm probably going to use www.cafepress.com - seems more popular and has many more features than the rest.

Can anyone please give me some advice and opinions on these services if you have any experience?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sammy Mazz

Hey, not sure if anyone replied to you, but in response to your question about custom tee shops....

You don't need to put money behind it and the quality on Spreadshirt is better than on CafePress. CafePress does "direct to garment" so they print directly on your apparel, but Spreadshirt uses 'flex and flock' that doesn't fade or stretch or wear out.

I've tried all the sites and also shopped on Threadless.com. They all have plusses/minues, but Spreadshirt just launched a new 5-step shop creation feature that was easiest for me.

Hope this is helpful

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. I've set up both a cafepress and spreadshirt to test. I get a free premium upgrade with Spreadyshirt. I might have both and give my visitor the option. Spreadshirt is better for Non US customers I believe.

The reason I would need to put money behind it is to get designers to assist with artwork. No one is going to buy t-shirts with poorly designed graphics on it etc...

Any more tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sammy Mazz

No other tips of the top of my head, I didn't realize you were referring to costs as in hiring designers. Good luck!

Advertisement