Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 gamepad on PC

Options
  • 15-07-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've played on Xbox360 twice, and I love its gamepad! Is it possible to use this device on PC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yes it is , I have been lookin into doing this myself recently.

For the wireless 360 pad you need to buy a special wireless reciever for the pc. For teh wired 360 controllers you can plug n play, although there are drivers that are reccommended to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/gaming.mspx

You can pick up the drivers there. I haven't done it myself, but I might consider getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i use a 360 controller on the pc for gaming all the time, works grand, you can dl the drivers for wired off the site or you can just buy wired/wireless pc variants which come with the drivers....
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-001-MS&groupid=702&catid=288&subcat=351
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-000-MS&groupid=702&catid=288&subcat=351

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must pick up one of these myself. Tried my local gamestop one day, and then gave up.
    But the controller is excellent, and (don't hurt me) Ive grown to prefer it to the traditional keyboard / mouse combo, even for FPS.

Oh, and if while the wired controller you just need to download some software, the play and charge kit doesnt transform your wireless into a wired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It works really nicely in Vista... you don't have to do any installing or setting up.

I'm not overly crazy on it as a controller though... The D-pad on it is atrocious.

• Advertisement

Ive grown to prefer it to the traditional keyboard / mouse combo, even for FPS.

(

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S A WITCH !!!!! HES A WITCH!!!!!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S A WITCH !!!!! HES A WITCH!!!!!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I asked not to hurt me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Oh, and if while the wired controller you just need to download some software, the play and charge kit doesnt transform your wireless into a wired :(
    That's fairly annoying alright, would it have killed them to make to make it work that way?

I'm definitely going to pick up a wired pad as well for my pc, they're utterly fantastic pads:)

/edit
    come to think of it, is it possible to get the wired controller in black ala the Elite?
    I've had a quick search around and can only seem to find wireless black controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It works really nicely in Vista... you don't have to do any installing or setting up.

I'm not overly crazy on it as a controller though... The D-pad on it is atrocious.

I think the D-Pad feels fine, but it wears down quickly. My down button need a slightly harder press these days.

tman wrote:
    That's fairly annoying alright, would it have killed them to make to make it work that way?

I'm definitely going to pick up a wired pad as well for my pc, they're utterly fantastic pads:)

/edit
    come to think of it, is it possible to get the wired controller in black ala the Elite?
    I've had a quick search around and can only seem to find wireless black controllers

Well teh play and charge kit does not transfer any info , thats why it can work with the pc.

No MS would not have made any black wired controllers for the elite, seeing as it is "elite" and everything, and the wireless controllers was one of teh selling points of the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Was at a XNA demo for coders/devs recently [as I'm not one a bit went somewhat over my head :) ] it showed the Wii controller in use on PC. He was messing around with 360 wireless and the 360 Guitar Hero controllers too, it was pretty cool.

Advertisement