Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No product key for Word 2003?

• 15-07-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

ok so my trial version on my new laptop expired, then i realise they didn't actually supply a product key to convert to the full version. apparently this is the norm? what the hell is the point of that? i don't have broadband and so can't download the 2007 trial. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's to get you hooked on the program, so then you'll buy a product key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Open Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could try OpenOffice as an alternative.

edit: /me gets walking cane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

jhegarty wrote:
    Open Office

+1 for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Unless you work for a company that would be subsidised under Microsoft's HUP of course. But barring that, +1 more for OpenOffice

www.openoffice.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Agreed - Open Office is fine, great in fact.

Though I've had some problems with formatting when opening documents created in OO (though saved as .doc) in the MS product, so if you're doing work on a laptop that'll be printed or emailed or otherwise played with on a MS-Office machine, bear that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

ok so my trial version on my new laptop expired, then i realise they didn't actually supply a product key to convert to the full version. apparently this is the norm?

I dont understand what your problem is?

Unless you purchased a licence for office when you got your laptop why did you expect to have a copy of it?

Of course its the norm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you hadda got the 2007 trial then your new docs would not open in earlier versions, without additional patches :rolleyes:

if you don't want to pay, don't use the software there are several free alternatives, openoffice is probably the best

http://www.abisource.com/download/ - another word processor free
    http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/ - $40

Advertisement