Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

engine cleaner things

Options
  • 15-07-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hey all,

just wondering if anyone has used any of the engine/injector etc cleaning things in a bottle that one can pickup in halfords and the like.

noticed them only recently when buying other cleaning products and thought i might give them a shot, but was a bit wary of putting anything i'm not totally sure of into my perol tank.

anyone else used them? or are they another elaborate con-job that give no discernible effects.

cheers

barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Used STP version (€4.99 in Tesco Clearwater). Seemed to improve things. Won't do any harm anyway, as long as you fill the tank at the same time. Only use it if you think you need it though.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

Hi, used it on my 98 punto, saw great results after a few tanks were run through it, just put it in after filling a full tank.

put it in again there a few days ago, got a 'booster' bottle aswell in it, will put that in at the next tank it says, i'll see if i can 'boost' the punto anymore :)

definately saw a mainly a economic result from the first time i did it, also was bit nippier

EDIT: there was 14k miles in between bottles, i'm not putting it in the whole time, thought i read that 12k in between putting a fresh bottle in

Advertisement