Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strong stomach pulse

• 15-07-2007 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Before anyone recommends medical advice, I have gone to my doctor about this and have been told there's nothing wrong with me, so I just want to know if this is common...

My pulse in my stomach is really strong, so much so that it moves my tummy when it beats. I first noticed it when I overdid it on a Saturday night, and because I've been tired and a bit stressed for the past while, it happens more often.

I've looked at the internet, which is a total scare show on some sites, which is why I have asked my doctor if it's anything. And it's not. Apparently it's just a strong pulse. I am young (ahem! under 30), fairly fit and don't drink very often...

So I'm just wondering does this happen to anyone else and what brings it on?

Comments

Hi,
    If im lying down, I can usually see my pulse in my stomach, but it doesnt alarm me at all. What youve described seems to be really worrying you so what you get might be different, but at least in my case its just one of those things, nothing to get too worried about. Also, the fact that you are stressed about it could be making it worse, with blood pressure and all... just a thought though

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Hmm... does it happen after you eat too much or a heavy meal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

If you are so worried about it then go to a different doctor for a second opinion. If you do go to another doctor whatever you do, do not mention the words "the internet" or they will think you are just crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Same here. If I lie down and have something on my stomach I can see it jumping. It was always like this for me, even after adding a few pounds of err "latent muscle" ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

If your doctor says its nothing it prob is just that.

The internet is great and all, but be very very wary of the medical stuff on it.

If you are still worried do go see another talk or a nurse who will talk you through whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Hey thanks for responses - relieved to hear that someone else has this and isn't freaked out by it. I didn't think much of it until my sisters told me I was a freak :D I'm guessing it is down to being tired etc at the moment, but still nice to know someone else has it too! I don't think eating brings it on, for example, there's nothing noticeable there today, but over the weekend you'd think there was an alien inside the way my stomach was beating :)
    In any case, thanks again for responses!'

Advertisement