Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hour Comics Day 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hoovers

the Shades wrote: »

Can we get a rough head count on here or who's planning to be there for the 24 hours?

I'll be along for the day- been a pretty big week so don't know how long I'll last!! Really looking forward to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ponchosucks

Im aiming to do a 24 hour dealie but im putting high odds on me getting distracted and wandering off 2 hours in.

-p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hoovers wrote: »
    I'll be along for the day- been a pretty big week so don't know how long I'll last!! Really looking forward to it though.

Great stuff!

Just noticed the link in your sig, is that a new comic project you're starting? Looking forward to it if so, most of the Irish webcomics I'm aware of seem to have tapered off and died :(

Fysh wrote: »
    Great stuff!

Just noticed the link in your sig, is that a new comic project you're starting? Looking forward to it if so, most of the Irish webcomics I'm aware of seem to have tapered off and died :(

Yeah, it's something i've been working on for a while now, so just wanted a place to put it up on the web along with all my other drawings/comics etc. so hope to have it up and running soon after 24hr day...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Un-bloody-fortunately, I won't be able to come tomorrow. Partly because I'm needed at home to mind my younger brother, and I don't think my parents would be satisified with me staying 24 hours in a Dublin hotel on my own, even though they'd like for me to go.
    Ah feck it, I'll wait till' next year. Will someone take photos or summit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Everything hurts. On the plus side, I got home relatively unscathed after making the stupidly long commute there and back from London, and it was a giggle. I must admit I'm dreading seeing my comic scanned though, as I think I'd forgotten how the story started by the time I was drawing the last couple of pages... still, the Prince Harry bit was good :D

What did everyone else make of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

What did everyone else make of the day?

I want to write up a report and scan some pages in and get photos and video footage up but my head hurts to much lol Going home on the train I kept falling asleep then waking up and freaking that I'd missed my stop.

I thought we had a good day - we'd more people then last year attempt the full 24 hour comic - better ranage of ages with young Luke and Paul at 12, some student types and upwards. The twenty 10 years olds arriving in from the community center was fun if a little scary at first. The constent dethklok references and people shouting out "SCOTCH" alot. New dead baby jokes. Bob flying through his comic......again. There was alot going on and when my brian wakes up I shall try and make some sense of it all.

And on that note....justin timberlake, justin timberlake, justin temberlaaaaaaaaaaaaaake [repeat for 2mins 30sec]...thank you james kochalka.

Don't forget the gayest straight love song ever written to an action hero : "Yippe ki yay, mother f*ckeeeeeeeeeeer!" etc :D

My head still tired- Thanks so much for the great day/night/twilight. Lovely to put faces to all the user names! Would have stayed an extra hour if I'd known the Luas only starts at 7am on sunday! I'll get my comic scanned and ready for presentation hopefully by the end of the week.
    Lots of random memories from the event, but I still don't quite know how to put them into words just yet!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

GAH! that blooming song!! trouser snakes in my head all night long!!

I woke up sunday at eleven. Pleased as punch with myself for a glorious sleep that wasn't on the cold hotel floor like last year.. Only to realise I'd no cover page (which was to be number 24 and which I'd comvinced myself I'd done). Ran upstairs pencils in hand yelling "THERE'S STILL TIMMMMmmme!". EVrything done and dusted and coloured (badly) with 6 minutes to spare *phew*

Yes - it's still tiny, Yes - It's one pic a page, Yes - It's stick men BUT it's mine and at this rate I will be on A4 size in 2 years :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well done Fysh on the crazy commute btw.

but prices MUST go to Tree. Not only a commute but a TRIUMPH of human staying power :D

She also wins the prize for the most unusual comic, what with deciding she wasn't arsed drawing fairly early on and resorting to crochet instead. An unusual storytelling medium, but what the hell :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ill post a picture of hte twelve panels shortly. nice blue borders on each panel too.

Man I'm still tired! I'm going to wait till my brother gets some of the video footage together before writting up a report but I have posted the few pages that I was happy with over here at the comicspace page [and my LJ]

Also Bob posted some of Pancho's pages on his blog. Bloody good pages from someone who claims not have drawn in 10 years.

ps fysh I will hopfully get yours up tomorrow

ztoical wrote: »
    I have posted the few pages that I was happy with over here at the comicspace page

HA ha, that cake diver has the most AWESOME nipples...

Phew!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ponchosucks

Good stuff cliodhna! naked girlies n cakes are always a good combo.

Nah ,ive been drawing n doodling all me life but stopped doing sequential stuff once i stopped reading crap super hero comics when i was a teenager.

-p

Here are few bits and pieces for people while we get the irish comics online and hopfully some video by the end of the week.

Heres a chart showing the numbers from all the different events, along with page counts - interesting stuff. See we weren't the only fools, uh, I mean dedicated artists, staying up all night. I'll email everyone who was at the irish event during the week to get a final page count from them so we can update our little section of it.

And here's a few links to some of my fav 24 hour comics from this year [so far] Paul Maybury, Dan Goldman and Collin David

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

The Art of Cake Diving was awesome in a very surreal sense (and lovin' the art), can't wait to see more.
    And hats off to Fysh, a damn good larf indeed too!

Oh good god, it's even less coherent than I'd feared. I seem to have both forgotten to incorporate certain bits of dialogue that I thought I'd added, and also confused words utterly (I can't remember what I'd meant to write instead, but I certainly didn't mean for the bald guy to ask if someone was trying to give him a haircut..."

• Advertisement

Oh good god, it's even less coherent than I'd feared. I seem to have both forgotten to incorporate certain bits of dialogue that I thought I'd added, and also confused words utterly (I can't remember what I'd meant to write instead, but I certainly didn't mean for the bald guy to ask if someone was trying to give him a haircut..."

I fixed page 22, somehow uploaded page 23 twice - maybe it makes more sense now fysh? ;)

website has been updated with a new comic

I meant to ask this earlier....Cliodhna, do you have page 25 of my comic kicking about anywhere? (You know, the really bad army of darkness rip-off one.) Just wondering how that turned out, given that I could barely see at the time of drawing it...

I meant to ask this earlier....Cliodhna, do you have page 25 of my comic kicking about anywhere? (You know, the really bad army of darkness rip-off one.) Just wondering how that turned out, given that I could barely see at the time of drawing it...

I scanned everything I had from you and posted it........hmmm will have a look through my stuff, might have got mixed up with my stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

My scanner is currently acting the fool so i'll have mine up as soon as I sort out my scanner vs vista (so crappy) compatibility problems.

Hiya :)
    scanned my pages.. check your email Ztoc.

CHeers!

thumbninja wrote: »
    Hiya :)
    scanned my pages.. check your email Ztoc.

CHeers!

got them cheers, also got young lukes and two other ones that are refusing to download - will post them later tonight, going to go finish cutting up my pumpkin - gone with the vommiting pumpkin design this year.

3 more comics added to the comicspace site - including miss ninjas

just came across this great 24 hour comic on LJ

• Advertisement

Just added Katie's 24 hour comic Good few of this years up but still missing a couple *cough*shades*cough*hoovers*cough*

I emailed everyone who signed in on the day but there was some interesting handwriting going so if you were there on the day and I didn't email you please get in touch.

Advertisement