Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are all the mods so ridiculously corrupt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I rarely bother to reply to feedback threads unless they're related to my boards, or I can shed some light on something, but now I feel that I must.

You're an absolute moron.

Now, I haven't based this comment on anything per se, much like your slander of my moral gumption isn't based on any dealings with me.

However, lets ALL feel free to accuse people of stuff - i'll start.

Muffler - you used irritate me. I'm not sure if you still do, but I dont want to take that chance.

Sangre - you're an idiot. But I love you anyway, and think you have latent feelings towards me.

Aidan_Walsh, i've decided you must be fat and ugly. don't ask why.

I will continue this show at a later period - some crash thread, same crash rant.

AWAAAY!

/me removes tongue from cheek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And off he flew, on his wispy beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

muffler wrote:
    Mods are held accountable for their behavior the same as any other user.
    How could you know this? The process of banning users and mods is not transparent. Accountability is worthless without transparency.
    Bad behavior by a mod will not be tolerated by the admins
    mods openly insult and abuse posters in this forum.
    ...here is no shortage of people here looking for modship so the point of having them "stick around" doesnt arise.
    I agree with you here. I think there are plenty of people happy to be mods and that there is no need to allow mods leeway to break the rules because of their length of service. I don't think the admins see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

&#231 wrote: »
    Muffler - you used irritate me. I'm not sure if you still do, but I dont want to take that chance.
    Sorry, I promise I'll use vaseline in the future ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OTK wrote:
    And people have been banned from here for that. It is at the admins desgression and mods aswell as users get banned from here.
    I agree with you here. I think there are plenty of people happy to be mods and that there is no need to allow mods leeway to break the rules because of their length of service. I don't think the admins see it that way.
    Even though two long term moderators have just been banned forever? What is your basis for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

OTK wrote:
    How could you know this? The process of banning users and mods is not transparent. Accountability is worthless without transparency.

Mods are treated like all other users in any forums they don't moderate. When I browse the forums I wear my user hat, just like everyone else, I don't have any extra powers or privileges. In Recording/Mixing/Pro Audio my glamorous mod duties include deleting lots of spam (there is lots of it, you know), moving threads and general mopping up. I've never even banned anyone. So all this mod conspiracy BS is just, well, BS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OTK wrote:

...and are banned for it! It's been stated several times already in this thread, if you're willing to read it before jumping the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

They aren't corrupt Rozie or at least if they are they want more than 20 euro.

More seriously why not get in touch with OutHouse.
    Nothing could be less useful or productive than railing against a message board moderator.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Rozie,

Please provide some evidence of the corrupt nature for each individual mod on this site please.

Till then, kindly stop overreacting.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nine...

...Eleven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rozie, no-one likes you. You think you are being persecuted for some reason when it's really just your really ****ty attitude towards everyone in general that pisses people off. You're full of your own self importance and you are very ignorant. Remember the fuzzface thread where someone dared to say your incoherant noise might just be a load of crap and you went off on a big speil about no-one knew about the subject better than you and we were all wrong? Yeah typical ignorance and inane blabbering which happens again and again. Rozie, relax, you show yourself to be all of these things without our help. Blame who you want but ultimately it's your fault. If you want to blame all of your problems on corrupt admins and mods, fine, but you'll get nowhere because it simply isn't true. People aren't sheep and you aren't the only shining beacon of individualism. How very self centered. You won't get the answers and reactions you want because they have no basis in the true nature of what goes on here. Sorry I had to be so blunt, but sometimes people need to be told to STFU. Take responsibility for yourself and don't pass it onto others.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Transphobic?

Well, you learn something new every day.

Bring on the coke and hookers that we get as payment for being corrupt.

Rozie, I don't know you and you don't know me.
    From what I have read here, it seems to me that you have a massive chip on your shoulder. Get over yourself and make a bid for a "T" forum (whatever t stands for this week).

On a side note, did you mean morally corrupt?
    pot kettle.

Hagar, you catch flies with honey. The bees make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Giblet wrote:
    Rozie, no-one likes you. You think you are being persecuted for some reason when it's really just your really ****ty attitude towards everyone in general that pisses people off. You're full of your own self importance and you are very ignorant. Remember the fuzzface thread where someone dared to say your incoherant noise might just be a load of crap and you went off on a big speil about no-one knew about the subject better than you and we were all wrong? Yeah typical ignorance and inane blabbering which happens again and again. Rozie, relax, you show yourself to be all of these things without our help. Blame who you want but ultimately it's your fault. If you want to blame all of your problems on corrupt admins and mods, fine, but you'll get nowhere because it simply isn't true. People aren't sheep and you aren't the only shining beacon of individualism. How very self centered. You won't get the answers and reactions you want because they have no basis in the true nature of what goes on here. Sorry I had to be so blunt, but sometimes people need to be told to STFU. Take responsibility for yourself and don't pass it onto others.
    The last thing this thread needs, apart from some old meme pathetic fucking cat pictures, is another helpful user 'constructively' pyschoanalysing Rozie and telling her that she fails at life.

Either a t should be added to the LGB forum (I am for this idea), or a trolling and bashing-free thread should be started in Forums to see who wants a t forum or sub-forum.

Every time Rozie has had her request refused, it has been accompanied by what she perceives to be people with 'power' absolutely massacring her. She has come to the conclusion that this is because of some sort of mod cartel.

Rozie, not all mods feel that way towards you. Feedback is an inflammatory and abusive forum by default. The reason for this is to allow full and frank discussion. The admins are the only ones with power. Try saying please, it goes a long way. I had to say please to get my private forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

OTK wrote:
    Some mods are motivated by a desire to elevate their status. One way of demonstrating their elevated status is to openly break the rules. A certain amount of this behaviour is allowed by the admins, presumably because the mods aren't paid and they need them to stick around.

I assure you, I warn or ban other mods as quickly as I warn or ban users and when I break rules I generally get warned or banned depending on what I did.

Really, there's over a hundred mods on here, if they were "above being banned" the place would be utter chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Shabadu wrote:
    The last thing this thread needs, apart from some old meme pathetic fucking cat pictures, is another helpful user 'constructively' pyschoanalysing Rozie and telling her that she fails at life.

It's not constructive, it's the flat out truth. Every time Rozie posts it's a complaint. You're going to see the word "sheep" and it's generally going to be the same crap over and over. It's tiring and if she is going to ramble on and on about the same ****, I'm going to call her up on her crap. And crap it is. If she hates the place so much why is she still here if not to stir up crap like she has admitted before?

Why don't you raise these issues in the Rozie thread in the Thunderdome then? Can we just leave it out of this one? It's circling the drain already tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Negative attention is better than no attention at all, or is that too close to psychoanalysis?

I don't really care.

If the OP had a point, it has been lost in the uproar caused by false accusations and paranoid delusions about and against this site from the second he/she breached their first forum charter and faced censure from a moderator.

Well Rozie, I'm a moderator, but I'm speaking now as a user as well, and not for boards dot ie: I take your allegations of corruption and conspiracy as a personal insult. I take the reaction toward you (on this forum) of some ill thinking souls to be a sign that you, as well as they, are more trouble than you are worth. If you remember, they were quite rightly banned from this forum, while you, the root cause of all this, are still here.

It's not the world that's out of step with you, it's you that's out of step with the world.

It would be nice if you could become a productive member of the site, but you've proven time and time again that you are incapable of that, and your posts are here for all to read if that sad fact were ever in dispute.

they were quite rightly banned from this forum, while you, the root cause of all this, are still here.
    Thats hardly fair comment.

How in the name of Jesus, Mary and their wee donkey can you blame the OP for other users getting banned?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

[..] some regular guys [..]

Why, I've been called some rotten things in my time but this is a new one.

muffler wrote:
    Thats hardly fair comment.

How in the name of Jesus, Mary and their wee donkey can you blame the OP for other users getting banned?

So if I read you correctly (because I think you misread me), you don't think that all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is ultimately caused by Rozie and her stirring?

To expand on my last post, the individuals who were banned from this forum previously had shall we say, sailed a bit closely to the wind on previous occasions. The bans were merited, and in one or two cases overdue (for various Feedback related muppetry, among other things), but may never have occurred had the OP not whipped things up. They stir up debate wherever they go, have freely admitted to doing so, (in one particular thread, boards users, and Irish people in general were castigated for being crap at argument), and as such are a waste of the storage their details and posting history take up on the boards.ie database.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ecksor wrote:
    Why, I've been called some rotten things in my time but this is a new one.

If you didn't want to be regular, you shouldn't have started that new bran diet.

She got a two week siteban, Roundy.

Shabadu wrote:
    She got a two week siteban, Roundy.

/me slaps head.

Apologies, I blame sleep deprivation.

IIRC the SMod that executed the ban was hopeful that she would cool off in the interim, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. Wasn't there was an earlier temp siteban as well, for more of the same, circa a year ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shabadu wrote:
    Either a t should be added to the LGB forum (I am for this idea), or a trolling and bashing-free thread should be started in Forums to see who wants a t forum or sub-forum.

The point is, that it's already been floated and discussed and decided it wasn't needed. However, for Rozie, that wasn't enough. Because SHE wanted one, it must be there and from that it descends into a rant about mod conspiracies and transphobia and f**king and blinding and rage against the machine..
    She has come to the conclusion that this is because of some sort of mod cartel.

And to balance that, it's been explained that no such things exist, mods have been banned from both the site, and her previous thread (having insulted her). However, it's quite convenient to forget that for the OP as it doesn't suit her worldview.

So if I read you correctly (because I think you misread me), you don't think that all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is ultimately caused by Rozie and her stirring?
    No, I didnt misread anything. Im not having a go at you but just at that particular part of your post which I thought was lending some credence to the OP's belief that they are being picked on and selected for special treatment so to speak. Regardless of who the OP is I think it very unfair, to put it mildly, to accuse that person of being responsible for the content of other users posts.

If the OP is flaming then fine - report it and leave it for someone else to deal with

There are a lot of experienced people here who should know (and should have known) better than to react in a manner that merits a banning in most forums.

OTK wrote:

Ay yi yi, it's never easy to maintain both transparency and the appearance of even handedness. Don't forget, every time we ban someone for telling someone what they think then we're silencing someone and potentially harming whatever transparency exists here. There's a reason that this place is a zoo you know.

As do some regular users, but that doesn't draw as much complaint.

Are you thinking of particular rules on the Feedback forum that are being broken regularly? Some of the older curmudgeons have that seen it all before type of perspective that can actually be useful.

Giblet wrote:
    It's not constructive, it's the flat out truth. Every time Rozie posts it's a complaint. You're going to see the word "sheep" and it's generally going to be the same crap over and over. It's tiring and if she is going to ramble on and on about the same ****, I'm going to call her up on her crap. And crap it is. If she hates the place so much why is she still here if not to stir up crap like she has admitted before?

Whether it's true or not, if it's not constructive then it's not going to meet the "more light than heat" criteria that my airy fairy ideals were going for earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Funny. I saw this thread title on the main page and the first thing that popped into my head was Rozie. It's funny how one user can become so synonymous with 'tard'. As it's a Rozie thread I'll now move along and read something useful instead...

muffler wrote:
    No, I didnt misread anything. Im not having a go at you but just at that particular part of your post which I thought was lending some credence to the OP's belief that they are being picked on and selected for special treatment so to speak. Regardless of who the OP is I think it very unfair, to put it mildly, to accuse that person of being responsible for the content of other users posts.

I wasn't accusing him or her of assuming license for the posts of others, but what I am accusing them of is out and out trolling, and thus creating a situation whereby the red mist descends, one poster takes a liberty, and then a few others forget themselves and follow suit. They shouldn't do it, but how many times have you seen it happen? Cat pics are the most obvious example, off the top of my head.

Anyway, I'm getting into mob mentality now, and off the issue at hand. I trust you understand what I'm getting at here.
    muffler wrote:
    If the OP is flaming then fine - report it and leave it for someone else to deal with

That approach will work admirably on your fora or mine, as, even if we're not available, there's usually an SMod or CMod around if the shit hits the fan. On this forum, it is unreasonable to expect a swift admin response, and when it does occur many moths may have succumbed to the flame.
    muffler wrote:
    There are a lot of experienced people here who should know (and should have known) better than to react in a manner that merits a banning in most forums.

Absolutely, unfortunately as we've seen before, sometimes people can surprise us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhmm?

Can I get a link to the thread where the ading of the *T* to the LGB forum was discussed...just as background reading?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement