Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are all the mods so ridiculously corrupt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Here's one from the front page of LGB.

Despite the reasons behind the creation of this thread on Forums, at least some discussion resulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Funny. I saw this thread title on the main page and the first thing that popped into my head was Rozie. It's funny how one user can become so synonymous with 'tard'. As it's a Rozie thread I'll now move along and read something useful instead...
    Did you just not see the post directly above yours, or did you not understand it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is one in lgb and there was one here also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055108141

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109175

The last feeback thread about this topic had settled down and was starting to go some where when Rozie was banned from the site for the level of personal abuse.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109175&page=4

But the thing is the title of this thread is not insert T in the title of the lgb forum it is a swipe at all the mods here the vast majority of which are unaware of Rozie and her account.

I think this thread should be closed for what it is an attack on the mods here and the discussion about this topic be moved to the old thread or a new one started with the correct title.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wasn't accusing him or her of assuming license for the posts of others, but what I am accusing them of is out and out trolling, and thus creating a situation whereby the red mist descends, one poster takes a liberty, and then a few others forget themselves and follow suit. They shouldn't do it, but how many times have you seen it happen? Cat pics are the most obvious example, off the top of my head.

Anyway, I'm getting into mob mentality now, and off the issue at hand. I trust you understand what I'm getting at here.
    I understand what you are saying which is along the lines that if the OP hadn't started a troll type thread then all the abusive posts could be avoided. In a perfect world thats fine but we have both seen the most innocent of threads here from the most innocent of users turn into a complete shambles. At the end of the day it is up to each individual user to take responsibility for what they post.

It is a problem for some people alright as they could possibly have had issues with the OP in other threads/fora and it is difficult to show restraint. Even though mods are normal users on this forum there appears to be a viewpoint held by other users that mods should know better than to post inflammatory comments. Maybe we should be showing more restraint and leading by example.

And the stupid childish cat pics! I will show restraint and not comment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ecksor wrote:
    Why, I've been called some rotten things in my time but this is a new one.

it had to be said, normie...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The way I see it its like asking for the eg: BMW, AUDI and MERCEDES forum to be called the BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES and Ducati forum.

It just doesn't fit in with the forum!

My 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Thaedydal wrote:
    But the thing is the title of this thread is not insert T in the title of the lgb forum it is a swipe at all the mods here the vast majority of which are unaware of Rozie and her account.

I think this thread should be closed for what it is an attack on the mods here and the discussion about this topic be moved to the old thread or a new one started with the correct title.

+1

In my opinion it's a blatant troll - designed purely to get a reaction similar to that of the previous thread in Feedback. Surely if the OP had a genuine issue with the moderation of forums on boards then they would raised this at the Help Desk where, as they have already been told, replies are limited to SMods and Admins..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Irish Wolf wrote:
    +1

In my opinion it's a blatant troll - designed purely to get a reaction similar to that of the previous thread in Feedback. Surely if the OP had a genuine issue with the moderation of forums on boards then they would raised this at the Help Desk where, as they have already been told, replies are limited to SMods and Admins..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119754

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

nesf wrote:

Yup - I saw that and the other thread started earlier today - but those threads were related to the OP's banning from LGB, whereas this is a swipe at all moderators on boards.. and as I said, in my opinion, is a blatant troll..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

muffler wrote:
    And the stupid childish cat pics! I will show restraint and not comment ;)

I so want to post Hitler cat right now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Ummm is Rozie a male or female, or stuck in between operations? Different people are using different pronouns.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ummm is Rozie a male or female, or stuck in between operations? Different people are using different pronouns.

Woah, bit personal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Silverfish wrote:
    Woah, bit personal?
    I was joking about the "stuck between operations". I just want to know if she is male or female. Since anyone who sees me in the street would know, I don't consider it personal. I just want to know which she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

After some consideration, I don't think a "T Forum" is even the right name.
    It should be the "Lola Forum". I think it covers all the T's quite nicely.

Lola - by The Kinks

I met her in a club down in old Soho where they
    drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
    C-O-L-A cola
    she walked up to me and she asked me to dance
    I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said
    Lola L-O-L-A Lola Lo lo lo lo Lo - la

Well I'm not the world's most physical guy
    But when she sqeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
    Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola
    Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
    Why she walked like a woman but talked like a man
    Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night
    Under electric candle light
    She picked me up and sat me on her knee
    and said "dear boy won't you come home with me?"
    Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy,
    but when I looked in her eyes, well I almost fell for my
    Lola Lo lo lo lo Lo - la Lo lo lo lo Lo - la
    Lola Lo lo lo lo Lo - la Lo lo lo lo Lo - la

I pushed her away
    I walked to the door
    I fell to the floor
    I got down on my knees
    Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that's the way that I want it to stay
    And I always want it to be that way for my Lola
    La-la-la-la Lola
    Girl will be boys and boys will be girls
    It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola
    La-la-la-la Lola

CHORUS #2:
    Well I left home just a week before
    And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
    But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
    And said "Dear boy, I'm gonna make you a man"

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
    But I know what I am and I'm glad that I'm a man
    And so is Lola
    La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola
    Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok folks, its the next day and the cats still haven't made an appearance. I'm crap at doing this type of thing, but lets look at what we have to work with. The OP is unhappy with the lack of a T in the LGB forum. So how about a cat with the caption 'i'm in yurs LGB forum, stealing yr T'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

3864.jpg

Meh....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You should be ashamed you ridiculously corrupt humour moderator. Not just any old normal corrupt, ridiculously corrupt. Don't you know a forum you moderate promotes the holocaust and the nazis were none to fond of T's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have no problem with paranoid, homosexual, transexuals. Perhaps if more people like Rozie spoke out about the rampant corruption then boards would get it's search function back.

I personally didn't realise how corrupt I was until I read this thread. We should change the rules on personal abuse just for Rozie, then we would be less corrupt. Rozie is obviously above such corrupt restrictions on his/her ability to post.

I've enjoyed writing this post. I feel cleansed of corruption and as a gesture of friendship towards Rozie I will grant her/him/it complete immunity from banning in The Cuckoos Nest. I'm writing it as The Cuckoos Nest instead of tCN in case Rozie feels I am corruptly demeaning transexuals by using lowercase.

Now, I demand that pictures of transexual cats be posted in this thread! Not to do so would be damning evidence of corruption by the heterosexual, gender fixed corrupt junta!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Screw that.

funny-04.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

greatestmonster2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

transcat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

+rep @ Rev Hellfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What happened the 2 boys?
    and the dahamsta?

Conduct unbecoming of a mod and a user.
    They broke the rules so they aren't allowed to play in the Admin's sandbox any more.

Nice pic Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Free Hookers Free Coke and now a sandbox to play in I wanna be a mod :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

sioda wrote:
    and now a sandbox to play in

Most of the time, we wallow in our own filth. But the discovery of the occasional truffle makes it all worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stark wrote:
    Most of the time, we wallow in you filth. But the discovery of the occasional truffle makes it all worthwhile.

Is that a mod calling us 'customers' filth????? is it , is it??????

Where's that new thread button.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

christmas%20cat-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I like the last one, very cute.

Look, after starting all of this, Rozie hasnt come back in, and given the sudden appearance of the cats maybe this should be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

While obviously just extracting the urine by posting cat pictures (and mostly by Mods) aren't you just antagonise the op which will lead to more crap?

If the OP warrants a ban then she/he should be. If people on this tread are taking the extracting the urine they should be banned other wise its just fuelling the fire in the mind of the OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement