Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are all the mods so ridiculously corrupt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

mushrooms.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

kearnsr wrote:
    While obviously just extracting the urine by posting cat pictures (and mostly by Mods) aren't you just antagonise the op which will lead to more crap?

If the OP warrants a ban then she/he should be. If people on this tread are taking the extracting the urine they should be banned other wise its just fuelling the fire in the mind of the OP
    I have been accused of being corrupt along with several hundred of my mod colleagues even tho' the OP has never had contact with me, so i'm not going to try and refute such a general and obscene statement with logic, instead I'm going to use the power of cats.

serious_cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

6f4peu8.gif6f4peu8.gif6f4peu8.gif6f4peu8.gif6f4peu8.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm not saying the op is right (far from it) but if you fight fire with fire threads get trolled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I agree with that. Besides, what Mod here seriously listens to that and is so upset by it that it causes them to go to such extremes of venting their anger and sense of hurt and outrage that they must resort to cat pictures - esp as one of the admins stated at the start no cat pics in this thread - and whilst the last one is so fab I'm saving it on my PC I just don't see the point as all it is is Trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

esp as one of the admins stated at the start no cat pics in this thread

???

no they didnt?

While obviously just extracting the urine by posting cat pictures (and mostly by Mods) aren't you just antagonise the op which will lead to more crap?

Honestly regardless of what happens it will lead to more crap, at least with cat pictures the OP cant complain that the mods are specifically targeting her seeing as cat pictures show up on *every* thread on Feedback.

This thread was dead in the water when Talisen put up the links to 4 previous threads on the matter of complaint, with and without Rozie's input, and the topic has not garnered the support it needs to have something done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ridicules accusations by Rozie , but I don't see how cat pictures and the like are any different then other types of trolling(Which is generally not allowed on boards).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The cat pictures also look stupid and are just not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe the feedback forum is really an extension of the cuckoo's nest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Shabadu wrote:
    The last thing this thread needs, apart from some old meme pathetic fucking cat pictures, is another helpful user 'constructively' pyschoanalysing Rozie and telling her that she fails at life.

Either a t should be added to the LGB forum (I am for this idea), or a trolling and bashing-free thread should be started in Forums to see who wants a t forum or sub-forum.

Every time Rozie has had her request refused, it has been accompanied by what she perceives to be people with 'power' absolutely massacring her. She has come to the conclusion that this is because of some sort of mod cartel.

Don't take this the wrong way, but its been discussed to death already by those who regularly use the forum very recently. You can think what ever you want, a decision has been made and we don't just keep going over the same arguments again and again because someone couldn't control themselves the first time around.

Rozie starts threads on this issue with insults, accusations and down right lies, of course she will be ripped apart and any valid argument ignored. Thats how the real world works. Shes has never mad a single constructive post on that forum and her continued posting style does more to damage the public perceptions of transgendered people then anything she rails against.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I like the last one, very cute.

Look, after starting all of this, Rozie hasnt come back in, and given the sudden appearance of the cats maybe this should be locked.

Or people could stop posting cats when there's still a thread ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This began as a cat picture in ascii. Then vbulletin mangled it. I now leave it as a testament to how I feel about this thread.

/\ /\
    I'm in ur |`\\_,--="=--,_// | Stealing ur
    thread \ ." :'. .': ". / comun
    ==) _ : ' : _ (== senz
    |>/O\ _ /O\<|
    | \-"~` _ `~"-/ |
    >|`===. \_/ .===`|<
    .-"-. \===' | '===/ .-"-.

{'. '`}---\, .-'-. ,/---{.'. '}
    | `"---"` `~-===-~` `"---"` |
    . |
    | | | |
    | | | |
    | | .--. | |
    | | ." o \__ | |
    | | _.-" ,( ` | |
    | | _.-" ,;;| | |
    | | _.-=" _," ,,;;;' | |\
    | | .-"`_.-"``-..,,;;;;:' | |'\
    | | `"'` `\`\ | |.'`\
    | | /^\\\ | |'.'`}
    | | | } '. }
    | | | /.'`./
    | '
    ' /. './
    _| _ /.`'./
    (.\-/.)
    .__________________.
    {.'. {
    \6 6/ / \ `\.'`\
    ( =\ /= ______/....................\______ \.'.\
    \ /O\ | | }'.'}
    ) / \ | [[[[[[[[[[ === () () () | {'.'/
    ( U U | ________ | `~`
    \(| |)| [[[[[[[[[[ === [________] |
    _w___w_:
    :_______
    | [] [][][][] [][][][] [][][][] [][][] == ===== |
    | |
    | [][][][][][][][][][][][][][]_ [][][] [][][][] |
    | [_][][][][][][][][][][][][]| |[][][] [][][]|| |
    | [] [][][][][][][][][][][][__| [][][]|| |
    | [__] [][][][][][][][][][][___] [] [][][]|| |
    | [_] [_][_____________][_] [_][][][] [__][]|| |
    '
    '

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Try using basic editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Look, after starting all of this, Rozie hasnt come back in, and given the sudden appearance of the cats maybe this should be locked.

Perhaps the OP is trying to fight the powah on some other board.. tbh - this should have been closed on page 1.. I can't understand what other reaction they would get..

miaoowww - troll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Irish Wolf wrote:
    miaoowww - troll

hehe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Hah, I didn't know about the mod bans. That's fantastic news for me, it's nice to see this place is finally getting a bit of a clean up.

I'm not claiming conspiracy - I'm just claiming the kind of people that get made mods here are far too "laddish" and do things out of spite and "for the hoolies" instead of for a good reason. Not all obviously, I exaggerate with my title, but perhaps close to most.
    Rozie starts threads on this issue with insults, accusations and down right lies, of course she will be ripped apart and any valid argument ignored. Thats how the real world works.

No, you can **** off. Whatever else I said, the main points of what happened to me personally are 100% or at least 85% true and the fact that you so blindly refute them shows you're speaking from a position of immense bias.

I'm not quite sure you're qualified to comment on how the "real" world works, since yours doesn't quite conform to it.
    Shes has never mad a single constructive post on that forum and her continued posting style does more to damage the public perceptions of transgendered people then anything she rails against.

Most of my posts have revolved around getting a T added to the forum title. You might not consider it "productive"; but I do.

And what a predictable statement. Can you back it up? Can you show how I've damaged the image of Transgendered people?

Because I haven't. I've had a firm, assertive mind and shown I actually care, passionately, about changing things. I have shown a backbone where others have not. I have fought massive arguments on my lonesome and not let up just because I was outnumbered, or threatened.

These are marvellous qualities for any member of a minority to have - if this damages the public's perception of Transgendered people, then the public are far too inept to ever see why transgendered people deserve equal rights. All you are programmed to see is the negative, I get ANGRY at people, I HATE them for their arguments, you never care to see why people like me are quite important and necessary, mainly because you're part of the problem.

You piss on the passionate.

Ultimately, I'm not calling discrimination on being a Transgender. I'm claiming it on being a progressive who doesn't take **** from people. It is not acceptable to ban and jibe people for being like me, just because I express myself in ways that just might make you feel guilty if they went on for long enough.
    Every time Rozie has had her request refused, it has been accompanied by what she perceives to be people with 'power' absolutely massacring her. She has come to the conclusion that this is because of some sort of mod cartel.

Exactly. Thank you. I don't set out to be an ass to people, it's just that this almost always tends to happen. If Boston really gave a **** about objective reality, he'd have taken note of this.

I am just trying to get things changed. It is quite typical of those who wish to change things to be mocked and jeered because that's the best way of making it look like they don't have a valid case.

The-Rigger wrote:
    hmm interesting. Is there a thread about this?

Seriously, what is this?! Before you claim I am 'against' you, I'm a liberal person.

Does the 'T' stand for transvestite or transsexual?

I don't understand why transvestite would be put with lesbian/gay/bisexual.

Lesbian, gay and bisexual are sexual preferences. 'Transvestite' is not a sexual preference, are transvestites only attracted to transvestites? I wouldn't say that holds true at all.
    So it makes no sense.

Hell, it would make marginally more sense to put it in with the Fashion forum, more than the LGB forum.

Again, nothing to do with your sexual preference, or sexual desire.

Just ask for a T-Forum. That would be fine, imo.

Then why is it that T is almost always included in with LGB? Does that not even cross your mind?

I don't get the sheer amount of people that are coming out with this. You're not figuring something out where others are getting it wrong - you're simply 10-20 years behind the rest of the 1st world in terms of social progression.

Faith wrote:
    Jesus, talk about stereotyping. Rozie, there are over 400 moderators on this site, most of which I doubt you've encountered. Please refrain from lumping us all together just because a couple have banned you.

If I said "All transsexuals are ridiculously corrupt", you'd be furious. You've never posted on any of my forums, I've never banned you or threatened to, ergo I and most mods cannot fit in your definition of being corrupt.

I didn't really mean that all mods are corrupt, I'm sorry. But a heck of a lot are, and if the rest aren't, why haven't they done something?

Transsexual isn't something you have a choice in, there is no effector that is related to someone's character. A position of power IS related to someone's character, the people who end up in that position are generally going to be the ones with the same views of power as the ones giving it to them. Do you really think mods are going to elect mods that strongly disagree with them? Come on. I've admined a forum before and I can safely say I would be a better admin or mod than most of those on the site - simply because I don't sit to rigid set rules, I use my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

ot- the cat pics are getting a bit out of hand now. Gets a bit annoying after a while.

Back on topic- Rozie maybe if you didn't have an aggressive posting style and went about things the right way you would have more success. ie maybe you should forget about the LGB forum and request a seperate forum for transgender

Ibid wrote:
    Dahamsta was sitebanned with over 10,000 posts.
    Mercury_Tilt was a mod with thousands of posts and was sitebanned.
    The_Rooster was demodded last month, as far as I know.
    Scojones was a mod with thousands of posts and was sitebanned.
    Fade2Black was a mod with thousands of posts and was sitebanned.
    Anti was a mod with thousands of posts and got a one-month siteban. Who knows if he'll still be a mod when he returns.

Before I was made a mod there was an, eh, "incident" with the then-mod of the TCD forum. I made a thread on Feedback. I got advice from a mod about how to present my case. Within a few hours Beruthiel, Asok, Vexorg and DeVore (that I can remember off the top of my head) had all commented on-thread supporting my case. The mod was not demodded but got a stern warning, which looking back I think was probably fair.

We're not all corrupt, Rozie.

The fact that you have banned so many mods quite of shows my point too, though. It's good they WERE gotten rid of, but they're not the only ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Rozie wrote:
    Then why is it that T is almost always included in with LGB? Does that not even cross your mind?

I don't get the sheer amount of people that are coming out with this. You're not figuring something out where others are getting it wrong - you're simply 10-20 years behind the rest of the 1st world in terms of social progression.

This is not an add a T thread - you should know, after all you started it! I got no agenda - but please stick to the correct forums for your particular grievance..

I'm reporting that post for being completely off topic and evidence that you are trolling the feedback forum.

ecksor wrote:
    Actually Shabadu, I may have missed one or two of them it was pointed out to me afterwards! Rozie also earned a ban for abuse on that thread, and ultimately her case wasn't really considered at the time as a result of that. Whether right or wrong, if every case of someone complaining is accompanied by them abusing mods, then they're not going to get a lot of satisfaction.

In this case the argument seems to be going along fine without any abuse (bar a suggestion of violence which I'm overlooking for now) so hopefully we can put more light than heat this time around.

I got banned, and I state the official reason, as a time out for my own mental health. I don't agree with the decision, but the intent, for once, apparently wasn't punishment.

So please don't twist that. The vast majority of the abuse was directed at me, not coming from me. I don't hurl abuse until others do.
    Onkle wrote:
    ot- the cat pics are getting a bit out of hand now. Gets a bit annoying after a while.

Back on topic- Rozie maybe if you didn't have an aggressive posting style and went about things the right way you would have more success. ie maybe you should forget about the LGB forum and request a seperate forum for transgender

I did at the beginning - they refused it then too.

Also, for people saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" thinking they're so clever for regurgitating an overused and anachronistic phrase like some neo-conservative, let me give you an example of how you're wrong.

What Politically motivated bands come to your mind, when you think of them?

Chances are, a lot of you will be thinking of Rage Against the Machine, or one of any of a number of Punk bands.

Do you see my point here? They have a pH far beyond that of Vinegar, so to speak, and because of that, they made their point. You can claim they "failed", but how could they if they captured the imagination of so many youths? How could that level of influence not have changed anything at all?

Heck, even Bob Dylan was a lot more Rough around the Edges than you seem to want me to be.

"**** you I won't do what you tell me" will break down a lot more walls than "Excuse me sir, but I may disagree with the rules you have laid out - though not trying to tell you your opinion is incorrect, of course..."

It's a fallacy. Please don't use those in my threads, if you can ever grant my one favour. The world is not that simple.

People may bitch about me now, but at least the message is in their heads, even if they ignore it in their posts. It provides them a frame of reference to realise they're wrong when another comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

If it was thought of as a bad idea by the forum at large, shouldnt this be a nonissue by now? (In the sense that more threads won't make a difference, not a total nonissue)

Unless there's a new argument.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Rozie wrote:
    I'm not claiming conspiracy - I'm just claiming the kind of people that get made mods here are far too "laddish" and do things out of spite and "for the hoolies" instead of for a good reason. Not all obviously, I exaggerate with my title, but perhaps close to most.

Close to most? Again, it has to be pointed out that there are several hundred mods on this site, the majority of which you are unlikely to have had any serious dealings with. Having only interacted with you via the Cork & Comics forums, I haven't seen you being as explosive as, well, the last few threads in Feedback have suggested. So I can understand that it's the emotive nature of the subject matter, combined with some of the more idiotic responses that you can get sometimes around this place.

At the same time, I'm not surprised that a few people have latched onto you as someone to try and wind up (without in any way defending or justifying it) because, well, you've started threads in the Cork forum with titles like "Where can I get a chair?" or "Where to buy screwdriver?", and it's not a case of the questions not being valid so much as you not appearing to have done any searching of your own before asking other people to search for you. Again, I don't think it's necessarily right that some posters will latch onto these kind of posts and take the piss, but I do suspect that if the piss-taking were on a subject that weren't so emotive for you, you wouldn't react so explosively, which in turn would mean that fewer people would be able to dismiss you as an abusive poster who doesn't contribute anything to boards.

Speaking as someone not particularly involved, I don't think that the threads you've started in Feedback demanding that the LGB forum be amended to LGBT are the best way of going about changing people's mind. Given that boards.ie is a private venture which is not subject to any rules or obligations other than what the admins see fit to enforce, you'll get a lot further with persuasion than with abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rozie wrote:
    Most of my posts have revolved around getting a T added to the forum title. You might not consider it "productive"; but I do.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that no means NO?

So some other forums have a "T".
    If those forums jumped off a cliff, would you follow?

Not for 10 or 20 years mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

When you requested through the correct channels did you get any supprt from other users?

There have been a few posts on the topic in the LGB forum and the consensus of both moderators of that forum and the users was that it wasn't deemed necessary and/or related to LGB issues.

Surely you jest, he's been given too much slack imho. It beggars belief that they haven't received a perm-ban for the general abusive nature of their posts. When it comes to the topic they profess to campaign for things run much more smoothly and debate flows in their absence.

The fact that you call me a "he" shatters all and any credibility you have. How in ****'s name are my posts more abusive than yours, when yours contain such a basic, vicious lack of respect? I do what I do for a cause - you do your part out of nothing but bile and arrogance.

Let's get this straight. I despise you to your core. I can tell that you even know that what you're saying doesn't sit right, that it reeks of so many authoritarian and fascist mindsets before you. But ultimately, I very much doubt I would EVER show you the same lack of respect you do me, saying I don't even deserve to be recognised, saying I should be obliterated from this site because of highly ambitious "abusive nature" - or rather your sickening personal bias against people of my type.

What have said is offensive to EVERY Transgender, even if I am an unpleasant person, there is no reason to call me a "he", even newspapers when reporting crimes perpetrated by Ts almost never refer to them as "he", and should be to anyone who has found themselves conflicting with set gender roles(LGB).

You are the reason for the abusive nature in my posts. Quite frankly, how dare you even criticise me for that when you know you are a huge part of the problem in yourself. You're like some caricature of a mustache twirling villain twisting common law and misconception to his own end, honestly.

Terry wrote:
    Didn't anyone ever tell you that no means NO?

So some other forums have a "T".
    If those forums jumped off a cliff, would you follow?

Not for 10 or 20 years mind.

All other forums have a "T".

And considering you are inheriting your outdated mentality from the culture around you, you have no right to such accusations of sheepism.

Even if the highly convincing arguments are incorrect - it should only be appropriate to follow suite because Transgenders have come to expect it.

A different way of looking to it that does not appear in most other "Appeal to Majority" line walks is,

"Why are they refusing something that all other LGBs offer?"

So why? Why do they get to be the ones that deny recognition?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Rozie wrote:
    I got banned, and I state the official reason, as a time out for my own mental health. I don't agree with the decision, but the intent, for once, apparently wasn't punishment.

So please don't twist that. The vast majority of the abuse was directed at me, not coming from me. I don't hurl abuse until others do.

That's not really the point. I recall you being excessively abusive on that thread and I'm certain it lead directly to your banning.
    What Politically motivated bands come to your mind, when you think of them?

Chances are, a lot of you will be thinking of Rage Against the Machine, or one of any of a number of Punk bands.

Do you see my point here?

Yes, they grab a lot of attention, which you also do. Do they actually get things done? I fail to see what it constructively achieves on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Rozie wrote:
    Karl Hungus saying he'd ban me from a forum I hadn't even ever posted in, just because he was sick of my ****

Yep, similar experience - guy's a joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement