Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are all the mods so ridiculously corrupt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Speaking as someone not particularly involved, I don't think that the threads you've started in Feedback demanding that the LGB forum be amended to LGBT are the best way of going about changing people's mind. Given that boards.ie is a private venture which is not subject to any rules or obligations other than what the admins see fit to enforce, you'll get a lot further with persuasion than with abuse.

Being a "Private Venture" does not grant them the right to bigotry and discrimination.

And how DO you suggest I change people's mind? They've shown flat out they ignore any rational argument. The thread in the LGBnotT forum was dead in the water for ages.

By the way - I'd also like to point out that Stark banned me from the forum without citing a reason, OR even PMing me. I just got a PM Re; Scojones that suggests that this might not be appropriate conduct for a moderator even by this board's standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rozie wrote:
    The fact that you call me a "he" shatters all and any credibility you have. How in ****'s name are my posts more abusive than yours, when yours contain such a basic, vicious lack of respect? I do what I do for a cause - you do your part out of nothing but bile and arrogance.

Let's get this straight. I despise you to your core. I can tell that you even know that what you're saying doesn't sit right, that it reeks of so many authoritarian and fascist mindsets before you. But ultimately, I very much doubt I would EVER show you the same lack of respect you do me, saying I don't even deserve to be recognised, saying I should be obliterated from this site because of highly ambitious "abusive nature" - or rather your sickening personal bias against people of my type.

What have said is offensive to EVERY Transgender, even if I am an unpleasant person, there is no reason to call me a "he", even newspapers when reporting crimes perpetrated by Ts almost never refer to them as "he", and should be to anyone who has found themselves conflicting with set gender roles(LGB).

You are the reason for the abusive nature in my posts. Quite frankly, how dare you even criticise me for that when you know you are a huge part of the problem in yourself. You're like some caricature of a mustache twirling villain twisting common law and misconception to his own end, honestly.

Typical over the top Rozie post. Zzzzzz.

Yep, similar experience - guy's a joke

Yeah, he's far too "Laddish" like I said earlier, thinks he can moderate like some drunk eejit setting the rules for strip scrabble in the pub.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Regarding the politically motivated bands comment : boards.ie is privately owned. Shout all you like, swear all you like, you do not have any rights on this site that the admins don't give you. And, well, until you're somehow paying for the site's running costs this will remain the case.

And citing politically-motivated bands who signed to major multinational corporations, and later disbanded after their global status "undermined their own political agendas", as examples of why swearing and shouting until you get your own way are valid approaches to working for change won't get you very far.

Edited to add

This was meant to be an addendum to my earlier post, but it appeared as a separate post...not sure why but it doesn't make much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Giblet wrote:
    Rozie, no-one likes you

This is your stereo-typical reply Rozie...don't even acknowledge it.

They seem to forget boards.ie success is in it's volume of varied posts from the public.

Can't imagine O2 advertising to a group of moderating nerds.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    Typical over the top Rozie post. Zzzzzz.

Typical boards.ie moderator ignoring what they don't want to hear and trying to be clever about their own ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

And considering you are inheriting your outdated mentality from the culture around you, you have no right to such accusations of sheepism.
    In fairness, you have no idea where he's getting his mentality from. There's a whole spectrum of opinions on just about every subject out there, so you're jumping the gun on declaring what he does or doesn't have a right to do.

Fysh wrote:

Edited to add:

And citing politically-motivated bands who signed to major multinational corporations, and later disbanded after their global status "undermined their own political agendas", as examples of why swearing and shouting until you get your own way are valid approaches to working for change won't get you very far.

Not forgetting that an admin can wipe your existence from the database and you'll be long forgotten.

Rozie, you are one of the most abusive, self centered people I've ever seen posting on these boards. This has nothing to do with what gender you identify with, rather, it's the over the top way you go about systematically abusing anyone who disagrees with you.
    This is your stereo-typical reply Rozie...don't even acknowledge it.

They seem to forget boards.ie success is in it's volume of varied posts from the public.

Can't imagine O2 advertising to a group of moderating nerds.

Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon. Typical fight the power peon.

****, It's like a broken record. What exactly has she said that I don't want to hear. Or are you spouting waffle in some sort of die-cast response. You seem to have a big problem with this site, but yet you're still here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Rozie wrote:
    Also, for people saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" thinking they're so clever for regurgitating an overused and anachronistic phrase like some neo-conservative

No I wan't trying to be clever, I was trying to offer a friendly word. You're weren't getting too many of them. I'm not surprised really.

They'll start posting "your ma" and pictures of cats next....it's their way of rubbishing your complaint.

They remind me of Smiley Bolger when he was on 2TV week in, week out....he thought it would never end too....but it did

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

1168702253-1166889894407023.jpg

robnubis wrote:

Maybe I should send this post to O2 eh? They might be alarmed that this is their target audience :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok, the phrase "**** this" is coming to mind.

Rozie, you've got my attention, you got me listening. Is there anything you actually want done or is it just going to be more fighting? I'm not interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

robnubis wrote:

+1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Rozie wrote:
    Being a "Private Venture" does not grant them the right to bigotry and discrimination.

Probably not, but at the moment you're the only person claiming that the absence of a letter from a forum title is discrimination. I'm inclined to think it's not, but what do I know? I'm just rubbernecking from the sidelines...
    Rozie wrote:
    And how DO you suggest I change people's mind? They've shown flat out they ignore any rational argument. The thread in the LGBnotT forum was dead in the water for ages.

Well, I'd suggest starting by accepting that you might not be able to specifically nag boards into changing this particular policy. Since it's a privately-owned website, they are AFAIK beholden to nobody regarding their content so long as it does not breach defamation, libel or slander laws. And, given that I presume there aren't yet any laws requiring that LGB discussion forums should be expanded to LGBT forums, you're left in a position where your available options are to ask for what you want, and accept the response to this.

And yes, I can appreciate that this can be deeply frustrating for you on a personal level. But boards.ie does not owe you anything, and acting otherwise is going to get you nothing but derision from the majority of its populace.

Fysh wrote:

And yes, I can appreciate that this can be deeply frustrating for you on a personal level. But boards.ie does not owe you anything, and acting otherwise is going to get you nothing but derision from the majority of its populace.

It really is that simple...

...but yet I reach for the popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

ecksor wrote:
    Ok, the phrase "**** this" is coming to mind.

Rozie, you've got my attention, you got me listening. Is there anything you actually want done or is it just going to be more fighting? I'm not interested in that.

ot again but can something please be done about the cat pics. threads in feedback take longer to load now than the 'here's what i saw today' thread in motors

on topic- Rozie you need to realise some people are sticking in the jibes because they know you will react and go all crazy.. trick is not to go crazy

Giblet wrote:
    You seem to have a big problem with this site, but yet you're still here.

I love this site and the postings from all different members of the public, giving varied advice, help and points of interest on many different topics.

I don't like the moderators butting in with their tuppence worth and I don't like the bullsh1t mentality of the few who have posted nonsensical in-jokes thousands of times.

I don't think I'm alone on that by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Maybe I should send this post to O2 eh? They might be alarmed that this is their target audience :o

363716897a5006377102l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rozie wrote:
    And considering you are inheriting your outdated mentality from the culture around you, you have no right to such accusations of sheepism.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are you not from the same country as me?
    Does your wish to be recognised as a woman make you more culturally advanced than others?

Get over yourself.
    Those in charge have said no. They are not going to change their minds because you are proactively (ha!) insulting pretty much everyone here.

• Advertisement

I love this site and the postings from all different members of the public, giving varied advice, help and points of interest on many different topics.

I don't like the moderators butting in with their tuppence worth and I don't like the bullsh1t mentality of the few who have posted nonsensical in-jokes thousands of times.

So when we "butt in" on these threads, do you think we're being unfair on Rozie, or do you think that maybe, the months of abuse coming from her side maybe, just maybe, is getting a little tired? It's not limited to LGBT issues either, I've seen it crop up on multiple topics just because someone disagreed with her.

Fysh wrote:
    But boards.ie does not owe you anything

O2 might disagree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

O2 might disagree :D

Can't see o2 giving a rats arse what's being dicussed on here, all they care about is the hit count

Giblet wrote:
    So when we "butt in" on these threads, do you think we're being unfair on Rozie, or do you think that maybe, the months of abuse coming from her side maybe, just maybe, is getting a little tired? It's not limited to LGBT issues either, I've seen it crop up on multiple topics just because someone disagreed with her.

Giblet - you may well be one of the proper mods who moderate (the clue is in the name) the posts and PM the poster if they're getting off-topic or coming close to breaking the forum rules, or banning them if they've overstepped the mark. Not to teach them a lesson you understand (as most mods seem to think a ban is for), but to stop their posts offending other readers etc.

Those who blast in with their "one more like that and you're banned" or Karl Mungus's "I'm sick of your sh*t" posts are hardly what a very popular mainstream website like boards needs...you surely agree with that?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have to say I am all messed up by finding myself agreeing with PC on this. It must be the first post of Peter's that hasn't made me feel ill. Toché Peter.

Hopefully we can get some banning for catpics. As for Rozie's thread, this one seemed to be about why all mods are corrupt. They aren't. Case closed?

There is a forum request in, maybe discussion should move to there?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I hope all the non-moderators here appreciate their enviable position of being able to use the "ignore" feature. That's one freedom you give up when you're a moderator.

I really think the people who have nothing to say beyond posting cats should really find another thread to spin.

Edit: also taking a jab at Rozie for being transgendered (forgive my ignorance if I'm using the wrong term here, I don't mean to insult) is an incredibly base line to take and is no different to resorting to religious insults and other general bigotry.

Onkle wrote:
    Can't see o2 giving a rats arse what's being dicussed on here, all they care about is the hit count

Not entirely true. A thread like "Missing Madeline - aren't you sick of this", as was recently available, might not go down to well with them.

copacetic wrote:
    It must be the first post of Peter's that hasn't made me feel ill. Toché Peter.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rozie wrote:
    Then why is it that T is almost always included in with LGB? Does that not even cross your mind?
    For the same reason [SIZE=-1]Prodigy is marked as metal. There's no section for them, so they throw them with the group that the band won't mind being thrown into, and the group is so diverse they can't deny them entry.

I'm insulted the eh... b|tch.... eh...bas7ard... eh... poster hasn't called me corrupt. Boo b|00dy hoo.

[/SIZE]
    Rozie wrote:
    But it does allow them to ban whoever they want, without a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not entirely true. A thread like "Missing Madeline - aren't you sick of this", as was recently available, might not go down to well with them.
    Oh just STFU please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement