Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the Book abroad???

• 16-07-2007 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hi folks; I have been looking forward to this book for the past few years, and still cant believe the end is nigh! Anyhow, I've encountered a slight problem - I'm in France til the end of August. I always just assumed I'd get my hands on the French version, and read that, but turns out that its not released til October! So I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether or not foreign bookshops will stock the English version in and around the 21st, cuz I'm bound to read spoilers if I dont get it around then!!

I'm gonna call in and ask one of them, see what the dealio is, but it'd be nice if you had any info to share! :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can you not just buy it online and get it shipped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

thats probably what I'll end up doin if I cant get it over here..! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Are you anywhere near a branch of FNAC ? They will have the english language version on the 21st. The delay is for the translated version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's probably a little late now but Amazon FR could have it delivered to you on Sat. morning. I have it ordered with Amazon DE since last year and it will arrive Sat. morning but I got an email a few weeks back saying that I had to confirm the order by the 14th of July. That might have been the last day for getting orders out on Sat but worth looking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Are you anywhere near a branch of FNAC ? They will have the english language version on the 21st. The delay is for the translated version

Excellent! :D I went into the FNAC this morning and I shall have a copy waiting for me first thing on Saturday morning.. costing me almost €30, but admittedly its a small price to pay for all the waiting.

Thanks Everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement