Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow - stunning espresso machine (ebay)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

What a beauty! 31 bids already, enquiries from Australia, and nobody put off at all by the fact that it's not working and comes with no guarantees - at least I think that's the case. My Italian isn't the best.

Absolutely stunning, but way out of my league I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

rockbeer wrote:
    Absolutely stunning

that surely is the shizznit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Sure wish I had one of those at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It finished up a €1,510....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's serious dosh. It is a thing of beauty though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    It finished up a €1,510....

If I'd spent that on it I'd have to live in it :D

I just won this on auction for €42

liesa300ea6.jpg

Congrats on the win :) Have you any information on it? I'm not familiar with the lever machines tbh.

Its an italian made yoke from the 60s i think (although I think they made them until the late 70s).

The manufacturer is called FE-AR, and the model is La Peppina.

Its a bit of a curiosity piece.

1. There's no boiler, at least not what we'd call a boiler. The piece on top is basically a kettle.

2. Its a spring lever machine... what that means is you pull the lever on the right, and that retracts a spring attached to a piston. This allows water from the kettle into the space created, releasing the arm then forces the water through the grouphead....

Because its not a boiler, and when you start withdrawing water, its not being refilled with colder water, that means there is near 100% temperature stability through the shot. Some more knowledgeable people than me say its capable of beating any of the single boiler pump driven machines on the market (including the classic and the silvia).

It however, does not steam milk - there was an optional attachment that some models had that kind of created steam, but by all accounts they were crap. This is strictly espresso-only.

Not sure how good a condition its in, but for €40 I was willing to gamble.

Certainly worth the gamble. Nice to have a piece of kit like that. Look forward to the reports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement