Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ending an O2 contract

• 16-07-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

My 12 month O2 contract was up in March this year. I came home from college a few weeks ago and I had bills for april, may and June. Anyone know how I can end the contract as the 12 months are up?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, you have to contact them. They don't magically end it by themselves at the end of the 12 months.

Call customer care..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

This has been asked before:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119685

Changing to a prepaid number might be the best option, especially if you want to keep your number.

From O2 website:

11. Termination
    This Agreement commences on the date of your signature and will continue for the Term. After the Term, this Agreement can be terminated by you by giving thirty days notice in writing to O2. Please note that you cannot terminate your account until it is paid in full. Once the balance on your account has been cleared you will be required to re submit your disconnection notice giving thirty days notice. After the Term, O2 may terminate this Agreement by giving you 30 days written notice. Such notice may be in writing or by phone. All Charges will continue to accrue until the relevant termination notice takes effect. Rental and all other Charges will continue to accrue until disconnection is completed in full. Any Free Call Value, free rental, or free credits remaining on termination of your account will be lost. In the event that you terminate this Agreement prior to the expiry of the Term, you will be liable for all fixed charges, i.e., line rental charges, (also referred to as monthly charge) for the balance of the remaining Term. We may suspend all Services immediately and terminate this Agreement if:
    - you fail to pass such credit checks as we consider are reasonably necessary from time to time.
    - you fail to pay us any sums due under this Agreement on their due date.
    - you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or if any information supplied by you to us is false or misleading.
    - we have reasonable cause to believe that you are unable to pay the Charges; or
    - for any reason we are unable to provide the Services to you.
    We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance, in writing, or by phone, of any such suspension or termination.

Details in Full here:

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About+O2/Terms+and+Conditions/Pay+monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

BuffyBot wrote:
    Yes, you have to contact them. They don't magically end it by themselves at the end of the 12 months.

Call customer care..

Thanks for the advice. No need to be smart about it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Well if you look at it the other way, your assumption was a bit silly. Most people wouldn't terminate at the end of the 12 months, they just continue on as usual. Now imagine if it was automatically cancelled like you expected - the hassle and mayhem created would be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

It is actually easier to ask them to convert to speak easy your contract that is.

You no longer have a contract and you dont have to go through the disconnection palava.

I did it a few times and took a few days and still had my original number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

cast_iron wrote:
    Well if you look at it the other way, your assumption was a bit silly. Most people wouldn't terminate at the end of the 12 months, they just continue on as usual. Now imagine if it was automatically cancelled like you expected - the hassle and mayhem created would be ridiculous.

Well the thing was I thought ya would be contacted to say the contract is coming to an end soon,do u want to continue. Didnt mean to cause offense with my last comment

Advertisement