Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning Class

Options
  • 16-07-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Would anyone know where the best place is to do a spinning class in the Wicklow South Dublin area?? :confused:
    Just called Jackie Skellys and they quoted an outrageous price because I'm not a member... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

The leisure club in the Glenview Hotel on N11 do a spinning class - think it's on a mon & fri mornings - not absolutely certain but ring & they'll tell u, they're very helpful there.

Jasper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

NiamhMay wrote:
    Just called Jackie Skellys and they quoted an outrageous price

Was this the one in Charlesland?

I tried getting info on it - membership in general (mainly there because they have a pool) and I swear - it was like getting blood out of a stone.

Took 3 phone calls, 2 emails and eventually I gave up and dropped into them hoping - against all odds - to just pick up a price list... the receptionist acted completely dumb, told me that she didn't know the membership prices and that I'd have to wait for the 'membership consultant' to speak to me.

I was going to walk but since I'd gone that far I thought I might aswell just hang around. He refused to give me a price. Honestly. Had a one on one session where I kept asking for a price and he kept asking me completely different open ended questions, this was then followed by a tour of the entire gym and eventually we got back to the reception area and he quoted me something under €70 per month... and I think I escaped because two other people he had dealt came in to sign up.

It was PAINFUL. And I wasn't even exercising...

Sorry - it's off topic but it bugged the hell out of me - I just wanted a ball park figure and they have this really pushy sales technique.

Eh... but the spinning classes looked brilliant (I'm rescuing this post!) apparently they have four different levels from 'Never seen a bike before' to 'Lance Armstrong has NOTHING on me' & you can 'expect to burn 600 calories or more in an extreme session' (his words).

I've tried to contact the Glen but they haven't got back to me.

BUT - Coral Leisure in Wicklow town is starting spinning classes for September - no idea if they are on at the moment or where they are set up (gym seems completely open there). Clicky.

Bah! Jackie Skelly :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 coach

hi folks,

just to let you know that i am doing pay as you go spin classes 2 mins from st stephens green shopping centre. there is no gym fee required, so drop me a line and lets get you going. its on a mon/wed evening at 8pm. call or text me on 0871276571 if interested. regards michael www.mypt.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

www.zest.ie ...simply the best;)

Advertisement