Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Wexford..

Options
  • 16-07-2007 9:54am

Right - am stuck in Dublin at the moment and have just moved so don't know any good take aways..

In order to help out the good tourists, and maybe even a few locals, whats everyones good takeaways?

Edit: In Wexford that is! Not Dun Laoghaire!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

the premier chipper on south main street is the absolute business. Make sure you try rissoles.

I also love the taco fries in uncle sams but they're bloody pricey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

the frying irishman in Castlebridge is best

the premier or cafolla's in wexford town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Wiseguys pizza is good also.

is wiseguys not closed? (granted its been a while since I've been home)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Yeah, they have closed their shop on the town, but they are still delivering. they are operating from Centra up in Clonard. (I think) I practically live on Wiseguys. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Pommes Frittes across from centra.Number one by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭b_beep

deffo check out the premier for chips n rissoles....wouldnt be mad on the frying irishman but if you're going for a chinese check out the crispy shredded chicken in chilli and salt in Coriander in the Bull Ring mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Premiere not as good as it was.They give you very little chips,the mane cu###.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

The take away in Kilmore Quay is ok as is the one in Kilinick beside Coopers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

Da chipper in killinick is terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

Cost Boy!! wrote:
    Da chipper in killinick is terrible!

It used to be one of the best. But, it must be 2 or 3 years since I had anything from there. The Premier was always good for a massive greasy bag of chips, Wiseguys Pizza used to be very good too. And we all know you can't beat Burger Mac :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I've started using Teng's chinese take-away just off the quay, used to hate the place but now it's my favourite!

Chin can cook is fab aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Frying irishmans my fave.

Anyone used Fusicardi's lately? Used to go there a bit and found it decent enough, and it always seems packed which is a good sign.

Can't beat the frying irishman though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

yeh, go to fusci's a good bit cause its close to my house!! cool out, nice chips, love em! dont really have a favourite place though, would normally go to fusicardis all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

cant believe nobody's mentioned malocca's yet!! fukcin hell the batter sausages are out of this world, and a free scoop of chips

where's malocca????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Burger Mac - horrible
    Abra - good for those drunken 3am kebabs
    Uncle Sams - great selection and make everything fresh
    Premier - disgusting
    Fusciardis - seen them pick up a burger off the floor and put in back on the pan, enough said!!!!!
    Frying Irishman - excellent

id be a good restaurant reviewer

Is it Mallocas in gorey?I never got any free chips thrown in with the batter sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

try Spice (also a decent restaurant, nice decor and fairly 'upmarket' feel to the place) - good selection of main courses and reasonable starters - all great tasting (well of those I have tried!)

It is expensive but worth it

For those too lazy to go there they deliver too!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Penguine in New Ross ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Penguin is always grerat for chips in Ross....as is M & Js...

The Premiere in wexford is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Mallocas is in Enniscorthy. Penguin isnt as good as it used to be but is still good.
    Punjab castle in ross does the biggest and best fcuking kebabs ive ever eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

not sure about the south of the county but King Cod is definately the best in Gorey, Their chicken burger is the best you ever get, even beats Corks breast and a bun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

the malocca's in gorey is rubbish, the free scoop of chips malocca's is in enniscorthy, what a chipper

jebuz wrote:
    the malocca's in gorey is rubbish, the free scoop of chips malocca's is in enniscorthy, what a chipper

Ye i remember now stopping there on the way home from croker a few years back,is good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Mloccas is gone to the dogs in the last few months, food is getting worse by the day
    jebuz wrote:
    cant believe nobody's mentioned malocca's yet!! fukcin hell the batter sausages are out of this world, and a free scoop of chips

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I definitely agree with spanner, King Cods is the best for chip for miles. Try their fresh cod aswell and onion rings. Absolutely the best!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

sharkeys ,in the old L&N carpark the biz if the boss is there .Good on ya PJ !!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement