Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Wexford..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I definitely agree with spanner, King Cods is the best for chip for miles. Try their fresh cod aswell and onion rings. Absolutely the best!!!
    Beef burgers are disgusting there had a few burgers there recently and I'll never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Amigos on Anne st. I got a pizza from there last week very nice as were the wings and garlic pizza bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

smodgley wrote:
    sharkeys ,in the old L&N carpark the biz if the boss is there .Good on ya PJ !!!!!!!!!!!

don't rate this place myself at all at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

jimmy allens in new ross:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Long live Jimmy smallbags!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

What about Mangan's in the Faythe.

Had lunch in Fusicardi's today..

Really hit the spot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Moo2

Chips from Premiere and Pizza from robertinos, tasty out ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 themurphy

Cafollas in wexford town has to be the best try the southern fried chicken burgers and the fresh cod is the best in ireland.
    the premier is ok
    burgermac and abra only when drunk and i have not tried the frying irishman
    coriander is the best chinese but i think it is closing down and a pizza place is going there instead. also heard that dominos pizza is coming soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

bmaxi wrote: »
    What about Mangan's in the Faythe.

Ah, that takes me back. The Friday lunch times we spent happily increasing our risk of heart disease in later life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sorentos in gorey is one of my favourites, they serve you fair fast also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

wtf....back of chips in fusicardis is 2.40 now.....B*stards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 themurphy

tried the new chinese in castlebridge the other night and was very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Got a pizza in uncle sams the other night and there was a fly under one of the slices.
    DO NOT EAT FOOD THERE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Chin can cook is fab aswell.

agreed, got a takeaway delivered from them tonight and it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

im sitting here eating chippies from the chipper in Murintown and they are delicious!!!!! yum, their taco fries are the business too, but dont order anything else cause they huge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Fryin Irishman was never as good after he built the resturaunt, still nice tho.

Fusciardis, last time I was home I convinced the sister to drive me in there one night :D

Penguin alway was good, but I wandered out of there onenight into a street fight, but I always hated the general population of Ross anyway (CounselBoy)

Sean Staffords in Wellingtonbridge is good and consistent, the resturaunt out the back is a decent enough spot for a nice evenin meal too

I never rated anything in North wexford cos they were always up against Adrianos in Ashford, which is unfortunatley exempt from this poll by geography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 georgeous

Before I post this, I want to say I accept thanks in the form of cheque, postal order, paypal and spare ribs.

Morgans takeaway in Tagoat, opposite Cushens pub. Amazing. €7.50 for a great tender rack of ribs and chips that taste and even smell fresh. I also recommend the Morgans Special burger, Special being the operative word. Yes, it's a little out of the way, but it's ok because you'll most likely consider relocating once you have eaten there.

Go forth, and eat like Kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

georgeous wrote: »
    Before I post this, I want to say I accept thanks in the form of cheque, postal order, paypal and spare ribs.

Morgans takeaway in Tagoat, opposite Cushens pub. Amazing. €7.50 for a great tender rack of ribs and chips that taste and even smell fresh. I also recommend the Morgans Special burger, Special being the operative word. Yes, it's a little out of the way, but it's ok because you'll most likely consider relocating once you have eaten there.

Go forth, and eat like Kings.

Do you own Morgans?

Statso wrote: »
    Do you own Morgans?

Nope. Just fat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

Must say love the Bridge Takeaway in Bridgetown.
    Yummy Chips
    Love the Shredded Chicken in Chilli Sauce :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dizzy Lass wrote: »
    Yummy Chips

Yeah i agree it has improved in the last few months espcielly the chips.

Re: Morgans i thought it was disgusting, i got a snack box and the chicken was the worst i've ever had and my girlfriend got a cheese and bacon burger but the bacon was 3 slices of gone off ham:eek:

Badabing wrote: »
    Re: Morgans i thought it was disgusting

Blasphemer!

I must admit, I had one 'questionable' experience with Morgans where they put what seemed to be warmed up brown sauce over my chicken wings as opposed to making a decent hot sauce, ... think I caught them off-guard. Haven't had their wings since, mostly because I make better at home anyway.

There's an awesome Thai place beside Byrnes World of Wonder (toy place) called Koh Samui which is great, opened a few weeks/month or so ago.

Dizzy Lass wrote: »
    Yummy Chips

the vegetables in the chinese's there are sooo crunchy and fresh... yum yum.. im drooling thinkin about it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

Mallocas in Enniscorthy Have The Nicest Pizza I Ever Ate, Much Better Than All The Actuall Pizza Take Outs,

i read in todays paper they are demolishin the Bridge takeaway and replacing it with a restaurant / takeaway.... i hope the food will be as good if not better when it reopens :D i will miss it while its closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

which one is it, ' atina's ' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Premiere not as good as it was.They give you very little chips,the mane cu###.
    I'd agree, bags are smaller - Premiere breast of chicken is out of this world!
    Sharkey's for big bag of good chips - fresh fish is good too.
    Malloca's in Enniscorthy is very good for chips.
    Chipper in Killinick is good for chips too.
    Antina's in Enniscorthy can be hit and miss - good size bag of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

+1 for Morgans !!!

Morgans special FTW !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Sorento's chipper in Gorey - best bag of chips you'll get anywhere :D

Advertisement