Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Wexford..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 georgeous

ciano1 wrote: »
    Morgans special FTW !!!!!

FTW indeed. Had one 3 nights ago, and I struggled so much to eat it. It's just so huge. But damn good.

FYI -Morgans have now started doing Pizza's - they're on their new menu - they look awesome but I've yet to try them. If you manage to get your chompers around one, let me know!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

DustyBin wrote: »
    Sorento's chipper in Gorey - best bag of chips you'll get anywhere :D

I Agree with you the best bag of proper chips in the county, Also king cod would be up there aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

anyone try the Taco Fries in Murntown chipper yet?... they're even nice now than the last time i posted about them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Best take-away in Wexford would have to be The Penguine in New Ross .
    Their chips have a unique taste ........travel Ireland and you

Best take-away in Wexford would have to be The Penguine in New Ross .
    Their chips have a unique taste ........travel Ireland and you

i dont know if i like the thoughts of chips having a 'unique' taste :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

whereabouts is sorento's in gorey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

And the award goes tooooo.....
    • Best Thai: The Vine Takeaway in Wexford town -di-vine!
    • Best Chinese: Chin Can Cook, Wexford town
    • Best Chips: Tied between Mallocca's, Enniscorthy (BURGER SAUCE!!) or The Premier on the Main St, Wexford (RISSOLES!)
    • Best Pizza: Domino's, Wexford town OR Mallocca's
    • Best Taco Fries: Burger Mac, Enniscorthy
    annnnnd finally
    • DODGIEST TAKEAWAY IN WEXFORD: Abrakebabra Enniscorthy!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

themurphy wrote: »
    Cafollas in wexford town has to be the best try the southern fried chicken burgers and the fresh cod is the best in ireland.
    the premier is ok
    burgermac and abra only when drunk and i have not tried the frying irishman
    coriander is the best chinese but i think it is closing down and a pizza place is going there instead. also heard that dominos pizza is coming soon

Caffolla rented out and the stuff is not cooked for long enough, not as tasty and not golden more white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnnyboy123

FYI -Morgans have now started doing Pizza's - they're on their new menu - they look awesome but I've yet to try them. If you manage to get your chompers around one, let me know![/quote]

Morgans Pizzas are the best i've tasted ever...In ireland at least. Owner was head chef in newbay country house and makes the dough himself. Washed one down with a battered mars bar last week! Against doctors advice

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭miss.lost

whereabouts is sorento's in gorey?

Hi! Its at the top of the main street, right hand side as your heading for enniscorthy direction, between the garda station and the steakout grill.

Maybe its a bit out of the way for most posters but Kellys in bunclody does the best freshly battered fish in the land! It even comes wrapped in paper like the old days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Has to be Spice Indian restaurant on South main street in Wexford Town....

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Has to be premier.
    Price for a bag of chips has gone sky high in this county.I resent paying more than 2 euro.
    Fuschardis monster bag of chips: 4.20 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Will we be including Mcdonalds drive tru when it opens at Drinagh soon?

Badabing wrote: »
    Will we be including Mcdonalds drive tru when it opens at Drinagh soon?

Life time ban from the forum if you do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

Chipper in Kilmore Quay, Saltee's i think it is called. Out of this world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Skye 2009

Best bag of chips in Wexford has to be Sharky's hands down. The bag is busting at the seams of gorgeous chips. Also the Fresh Cod is deadly here.
    Love Domino's Pizza too, can't beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Some great takeaways in Wex town...
    The Premier on the Main St, still the best its rissoles are the king!!!
    Caffolas and Uncle Sams are good as well. Chin Can Cook is a good Chinese, sweet n sour chicken is lovely....
    Abra at 3am after a skin full of drink is great, not so great the next day!!!
    King Cod in Gorey is a great chipper as well...
    All of a sudden im straving!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

I used to love the Southern Fried chicken and mushy pea's from the Premier. Haven't been back in Wexford for about 6 years now, but 1st week of August I'll be there. Had heard rumours it wasn't as good as it used to be, what's the story? Still good or not so good? Cheers

Maverick88 wrote: »
    I used to love the Southern Fried chicken and mushy pea's from the Premier. Haven't been back in Wexford for about 6 years now, but 1st week of August I'll be there. Had heard rumours it wasn't as good as it used to be, what's the story? Still good or not so good? Cheers
    If you haven't been to Wexford in 6 years you've yet to try Sharky's. Its deadly, their chips are sooooo good.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

Cheers Skye, where's Sharky's in town?

• Advertisement

weeslip wrote: »
    Chipper in Kilmore Quay, Saltee's i think it is called. Out of this world

ill go with Weeslips recommendation of the Saltees takeaway in Kilmore Quay, was delish the other day!!!

Maverick88 wrote: »
    Cheers Skye, where's Sharky's in town?

Sharkeys is in the old L&N carpark... its ok.. still think the Premier is better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spr1tixoy352fg

georgeous wrote: »
    Before I post this, I want to say I accept thanks in the form of cheque, postal order, paypal and spare ribs.

Morgans takeaway in Tagoat, opposite Cushens pub. Amazing. €7.50 for a great tender rack of ribs and chips that taste and even smell fresh. I also recommend the Morgans Special burger, Special being the operative word. Yes, it's a little out of the way, but it's ok because you'll most likely consider relocating once you have eaten there.

Go forth, and eat like Kings.

Guess you must own the place. Those ribs are frozen and cooked in a microwaveable vacuum package. Yee ha, aint fresh but deep frozen.....chill baby just chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spr1tixoy352fg

georgeous wrote: »
    Nope. Just fat.

Sure MIDDAY on tv3 discussed weight issues yesterday.....they said dont treat yourself too often and you'll be fine.....just put all those 7.5 euros into the kitty for your own business venture or new house. Save the euros and loose the pounds....happy days:P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

five star chinese in enniscorthy .... absolutely fab food ...ill never try another one now , im totally hooked ..they even have fortune cookies and chopsticks free gratis ..great for a girlie night in .

It's in the old L&N carpark. Behind the bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

The new place opened in Clonard Village, Macari's is really nice. Think the guy that ran Uncle Sams is running it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Mamma Mia's in riverchapel, mmmmmmmmm yumyum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 l6toneport

1. Mallocas in Enniscorthy.
    2. Premier in Wexford.
    3. Kellys Bunclody

• Advertisement

I would have to say though, that 'The Frying Irishman', back in the caravan days was amazing.

Advertisement