Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Wexford..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

There was a great thai takeaway near Talbot Green just outside the town- kinda close to the Gaelic Bar and Brown's (?)
    Is it still there?

The one by Petits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Not in the same square as Pettits - it's going towards dublin roundabout, you make a turn right going out of that little square and go up a hill into another estate! Hard to describe and haven't been in ages but was great takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Eco in Gorey just reopened, and taken the crown with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spr1tixoy352fg

Sure MIDDAY on tv3 discussed weight issues yesterday.....they said dont treat yourself too often and you'll be fine.....just put all those 7.5 euros into the kitty for your own business venture or new house. Save the euros and loose the pounds....happy days:P

Just looking back over my old posts, I was slightly dyslexic in those days and apologise for any offense to the take away mentioned...I also ate their food and it was great quality and value for money and much better than other take aways in other areas.

My apologies for any misunderstanding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spr1tixoy352fg

Guess you must own the place. Those ribs are frozen and cooked in a microwaveable vacuum package. Yee ha, aint fresh but deep frozen.....chill baby just chill.

Some years later and I have to apologise for that comment...I ate quite a lot lof food in that take away and it was 100% perfect quality and in many cases, I got more than I could ask for...Peace and My Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just looking back over my old posts, I was slightly dyslexic in those days and apologise for any offense to the take away mentioned...I also ate their food and it was great quality and value for money and much better than other take aways in other areas.

My apologies for any misunderstanding
    Some years later and I have to apologise for that comment...I ate quite a lot lof food in that take away and it was 100% perfect quality and in many cases, I got more than I could ask for...Peace and My Apologies

Ya seen the light Johndev? :D:D

Where is Sorrentos and King Cod in Gorey - are their chips still good?

A1, haven't been in Gorey since the by-pass opened, I'll have to make it my business to stop by to try out these chippers specifically !

• Advertisement

pog it wrote: »
    There was a great thai takeaway near Talbot Green just outside the town- kinda close to the Gaelic Bar and Brown's (?)
    Is it still there?

The Vine? at Kennedy park School

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Am really liking Toni & Tino's in Clonard having discovered it a few months ago.

Pizza is really good... chicken, bacon & sweetcorn being my favourite and their chips are the best I have tasted in a long time.

I haven't tasted much of anything else from their menu, good onion rings too though.

They do good early bird deals on their pizzas too... e.g. any size €5 before 5pm, €6 before 6pm etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

vicwatson wrote: »
    The Vine? at Kennedy park School
    pog it wrote: »
    Is it still there?

Would this be 'Happy Belly' your thinking of?? Only one close to the Gaelic i can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Sorento's has gotten a lot worse imo.

King Cod is your best bet these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

First time I've tried ZamZam, a recently opened place opposite the new library in Wexford town and thought it pretty good. Gobbler no. 1 had chicken korma and gobbler no. 2 had chicken tikka masala and both liked them. Bit too mild for my taste. I went for the chicken balti which had plenty of heat together with good rice and a nice steamed plain naan. Each dish was 8.50 take-away.

Big Vern wrote: »
    Would this be 'Happy Belly' your thinking of?? Only one close to the Gaelic i can think of.

Happy Belly is Chinese isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Unable to comment in this thread , as I don't eat take-aways ............

I know all the other Doyles use take-aways , but would'nt recommend any local ones as the best in Wexford .

They seem to be a necessary evil in their eyes .

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

The Premier has always been the best. Don't understand people complaining about chipper food being greasy.... A bit like complaining of wet water?!!
    You can eat your premier in the pub across the road too

The Premier has always been the best. Don't understand people complaining about chipper food being greasy.... A bit like complaining of wet water?!!
    You can eat your premier in the pub across the road too

That be The Buglar Doyles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

You can't beat McDonalds or KFC. Screw the takeaways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

That be The Buglar Doyles ?

That's her.

So Apache Pizza, haven't tried, to try or not to try, that is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

That's her.
    Yup. What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Think so, its been a long time since i went there. Might have some Thai food on their menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Takeaway in Kilmuckridge under new management. Friend uses it regularly and says food is lovely and prices very good. Have used it once only since change as OH wanted chicken nuggets and chips. She said they were lovely and chips were as she likes them, fairly dry, not greasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Was a big fan of the portions & quality there until recently. Got a poor meal there a few weeks ago but put it down to a one-off. Last night, the beef in the meal I had was fairly inedible, so I'm done there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

In New Ross there's a nice selection of good quality takeaways. The Penguin is the New Ross version of Premier. I think they aren't great with the portion sizes though. There's also a place called Ephesus Kebab a Turkish run takeaway that do fantastic kebabs.

Went to Tony & Tinos this weekend when in Wexford and pure muck !

Chips were just a bag of bits - hardly a decent chip in them, chicken burger was tastless and pricey (4.75):eek:

Must give all the ends of the chips to take away customers so they wont complain. Brutal

I won't be going back. EVER !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Went to Tony & Tinos this weekend when in Wexford and pure muck !

Chips were just a bag of bits - hardly a decent chip in them, chicken burger was tastless and pricey (4.75):eek:

Must give all the ends of the chips to take away customers so they wont complain. Brutal

I won't be going back. EVER !

Was in there 2 weekends back, after the Wexford - Derry game... chips were outstanding, the best I've tasted, and pizza was fantastic... massive chunks of thick chicken breast, loads of salty bacon and a nice sprinkle of sweetcorn. My mouth is water now thinking about it... and it's Monday @ 8:30am.

I must be a lucky guy. Can't wait for my next visit, sounds like I won't be bumping into you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Only ever had a couple of Tony & Tinos (in the old corner unit). Was grand IMO.

Advertisement