Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Wexford..

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Was in there 2 weekends back, after the Wexford - Derry game... chips were outstanding, the best I've tasted, and pizza was fantastic... massive chunks of thick chicken breast, loads of salty bacon and a nice sprinkle of sweetcorn. My mouth is water now thinking about it... and it's Monday @ 8:30am.

I must be a lucky guy. Can't wait for my next visit, sounds like I won't be bumping into you :D

It's obviously not consistent then :(

We got two large bags of "chips" except there was about 15 actual chips between the two bags, the rest were tiny bits of fried potato, those crappy little crispy bits - very poor form.

The chicken fillet burgers were thin and dry - though mind you this could be because they forgot to even start cooking another part of the order and the girl only realised when I went to pay so the rest of the food was left under the heat until they cooked the other part.

Won't be going back. A chipper that gives out bits of chips, nah. You can't be doing that, it felt as if they didn't give a toss about the order from the out. Never had a bad single out of the Premier I have to say - they don't serve those chip ends, Cafollas serve them in shovelloads too

I wonder do they serve these bits to take away customers only? Wonder if I sat in would I have the same problem

Ah well I'll never know ! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I actually love those crispy little 'toenails' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I've been to T&T about ten times and do recall getting a very small bag of chips there once.

They can also be very slow and have messed up orders on a couple of occasions. We were given a free portion of onion rings on one such occasion to make up for the mix up which I appreciated... as good customer service wouldn't be your typical stand out point in Ireland.

But for the most part the food (pizza and chips) I've ordered has always been pretty darn good.

oldyouth wrote: »
    I actually love those crispy little 'toenails' :o

But that's just it, love your bag of "toenails" if you want, but I ordered bags of Chips not "toenails".

Maybe they could sell Chips and "toenails" as seperate items !! Perish the thoughts !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I've been to T&T about ten times and do recall getting a very small bag of chips there once.

They can also be very slow and have messed up orders on a couple of occasions. We were given a free portion of onion rings on one such occasion to make up for the mix up which I appreciated... as good customer service wouldn't be your typical stand out point in Ireland.

But for the most part the food (pizza and chips) I've ordered has always been pretty darn good.

Been to T&T a few times, once got a bag of chips that was a bit under cooked! It was the first weekend they moved to the new location and were really busy.
    But they really need to put in a better ordering system, ive seen orders get mixed up and food left out of peoples orders. And they just shout out peoples orders when they are ready, so if they have got it wrong, people are not sure if its their order.
    Apart for all that, the food is usually nice in there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Yeah, we stood there for about 25 minutes the first time in there waiting for a pizza they forgot to make.

We got a free portion of onion rings which I thought was a nice jesture... because it's not everywhere that would do that.

In fairness they are open long enough there to be able to get the things right that we've complained about.

Maybe they should see the comments on here !

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Big Vern wrote: »
    Been to T&T a few times, once got a bag of chips that was a bit under cooked! It was the first weekend they moved to the new location and were really busy.
    But they really need to put in a better ordering system, ive seen orders get mixed up and food left out of peoples orders. And they just shout out peoples orders when they are ready, so if they have got it wrong, people are not sure if its their order.
    Apart for all that, the food is usually nice in there....

That's a really "Italian chipper" way of taking orders. The system breaks down during busy periods when orders with things that require different cooking times slow the que down, parts of orders build up, etc etc.

Advertisement