Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

media 11 instal problems

• 16-07-2007 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

A friend is running windows media 10 and every time he goes to upgrade to media 11 it downloads no problem goes through the setup then it comes up "windows media 11 didn't install properly please re-install"
    any idea what the problem is.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Do a Ctrl Alt Del and check to see if a msiexec is a process running in the background, could be a prior failed application install is throwing a spanner in the works.

Also check in windows\wmsetup.log which logs the install for WMP it may tell you whats going wrong.

The WMP FAQ also says this about the error you describe
    Q: How do I solve the error "Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled. Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site?"
    A: This error specifically means that your machine has had an abnormally large number of QFEs installed to it, which can cause the system catalog service to stop accepting (registering) further Microsoft installs. You should be able to solve this through a reinstall of Windows, although running "sfc /scannow" may get you working for the short term (? I don't recommend this: it actually should be causing significant problems, but some people have said it worked for them). Reinstalling WMP will actually likely NOT solve this, as the catalogs for WMP will likely not be able to be installed. This is not noticeable usually, but WMP actually validates this and thus lets you know about this system condition.

Is he running WinXP SP1 if so install SP2 first ? (QFE's are hotfix's in case your wondering).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

I'll get my friend to sort it. thanks again

Advertisement