Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good grip puncture proof tyres

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'd rather spend that extra 12 to not get a puncture on the road :) Because when it happens its sooo tedious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its the tubes that are puncture proof......not the tyres yes??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

philstar wrote:
    Nope its the tyres.
    you can get solid rubber bands to use as tubes, but doesn't sound very useable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

philstar wrote:
    People are discussing tyres here, so the tyre has a layer inside that stops the glass etc being able to break through so it never touches the tube at all.

You can also get a tyre liner, goes between the tyre and tube, these are strong, and reusable, so you can get cheaper tyres and use it over and over, some get brittle over time, and are hard to fit.

There are puncture proof tube too though slime ones, that heal themselves, I think it is only for MTBs though, as they cannot go to high pressures.

I'd rather spend that extra 12 to not get a puncture on the road Because when it happens its sooo tedious!
    Yeah if you got a puncture and some lad stopped beside you and said "I can fix that in 5 seconds pumped and all, for €12" I would pay him...

rubadub wrote:
    Yeah if you got a puncture and some lad stopped beside you and said "I can fix that in 5 seconds pumped and all, for €12" I would pay him...

I mean, ****it, if the AA offered a cyclists membership for €12 a year, I'd probably take it too!

• Advertisement

how about innova??......are they a good tyre??

Who? They could be, try them out and let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Don't know nothing, but it's different--- http://www.greentyre.co.uk/

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

have any of you tried those puncture-proof sprays, for spraying on your tyres to make them puncture proof.

are they a gimmick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

ruprect wrote:
    I have had a conti gatorskin on the back for a month now, had 1 puncture, but it was a savage razor sharp bit of glass that went directly into it, dont think metal would have stopped it!

They are fine in the wet though I am fairly careful, on take off I do use a lot of power and they have never slipped once. I want an armadillo when my front wears out, just to compare them, but I was not put off by that puncture, on the contrary I am very impresses with the lack of glass sticking in them, and lack of cuts. I have a standard conti on the front, and it is cut to ribbons, it is fairly old, but I notice lots of new cuts recently.

AHHH second puncture on the gatorskins today, havent seen what got through yet, didnt go through any obvious bad patches of glass.
    have any of you tried those puncture-proof sprays, for spraying on your tyres to make them puncture proof.
    Is that a spray on the tube or inside? I think some have that slime on the inside of the tube, but again it is only suited to low pressure AFAIK

• Advertisement
Advertisement