Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Forester 2.0XT automatic gear indicator

Options
  • 16-07-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Any forester automatic drivers here? I was looking at an automatic 2.0XT. Does it display the gear selection (D,N,P etc.) on the LCD display beside the odometer? Just the car I was looking at had a boxed area in the lcd display over the odometer, left of the trip area [ ] which wasn't displaying anything. I was trying to figure out if it was broken or was for something else.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

On my Legacy at least it has a P R N D Display on the Rev counter (RHS)

Depending which gate is selected.

P - Amber Round Light
    R - Green "
    N - Amber "
    D - Green "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

The oblong shaped box at the bottom of the speedo shows mileage/Km etc and the basic trip computer (driven range) settings.

The square box at the bottom of the Rev counter displays the gear when the car is in manual overide/tiptronic mode only. It lights up as an "8" when the car is started, then goes out. The rest of the time it is blank when the car is been used in conventional auto mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Found a picture on the web of the dash like the one the car had:
    This car didn't have tipronic mode. Just P N D 3 2 1 and a switch for Hold/A-T/Power.

Forester05dash1.JPG

Advertisement