Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polished Porcelain Floor Tiles

Options
  • 16-07-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All

I am looking for polished porcelain floor tiles. I have quite a large area to cover and want to do it as economically as possible. Who knows the best place to buy??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Hi

We just bought ours in Right Price Tiles, they seemed to be the cheapest, €18/yd^2. However, do price the extras like grout and adhesive elsewhere as they are more expensive in RPT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcqsusan

Great thanks for the help Goslie! €18 is the best by far that I've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

A word of advice - I was looking at those tiles in RPT but was told they need to be sealed and also you need to use the more expensive extras as otherwise the colour might show through. Also they need to be resealed every couple of years.
    I've since seen similar tiles in House of Vogue at 25 a sq yard but they don't need to be sealed.
    Not an expert - but I reckon its worth checking it out as although 18 a SQ YD seems great, in the long run they might cost you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I priced polished porcelain tiles in a couple of places. We have a large area to cover.

Vitra quoted us 4,000 euro
    Direct tiles in ashford quoted us 1,440 euro for the very same tiles.

Just a bit of a difference

Advertisement