Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mullets on the comeback?

• 16-07-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with mullets ? Seem to be on the comeback trail, have seen the style sneaking in over the last few months but more and more now !

Saw a rake of people with them yesterday, one particular style the lad would have been a shoe in for a place in Duran Duran only for he went one step further and decided to get a streak of it bleached, badger style :eek: Except he couldnt afford the full strength bleach and it only managed to dye his black hair to a dodgy looking rust colour :o Of course I couldnt swear to it but this lad looked to be a fully fledged ANTO or DOTSER {insert random skanger name here}.

EDIT: Here we are!

http://www.geocities.com/wander_yrs/mullets_05

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope not. Mullets are not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't like em bleached or spiked or whatever, but a good old fashioned mullet can be a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I blame Shane Byrne for all this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

/lives in Germany

/hopes Ireland isn't becoming Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

hopefully when fernando torres scores 25goals for liverpool this season the mullet will be back in the coolness charts!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

In spain two weeks ago and all the spanish lads had them. But im afraid you are right OP they are making a comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Cruel and unusual punishment...

People have alot to put with these days-terrorism, violence, Pat Kenny...please don't add mullets.:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

:eek::eek::eek::eek: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Buisness at the front, party at the back.

Sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hanni1234

Mullets are class!!!! Even Michael O' LEary and Paul Williams have them now!!! YEAH!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I have noticed a few mullets latley as well I have seem young girls shaping thier hair in the shape of a mullet cut. Please stop these mullet people!! Bad style is slipping back in the whole time we nealry have 80's style back again. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Thats rich commin from you, and you with a mullet!! *rolls eyes*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hope thay are, so I won't be so very very alone any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Yocky yuck yock- blugh- mullets are nay so nice! Say no to the mullet... it's wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Damn you Brendan Kilkenny!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Am I still the only disciple of the old ways? Two back and sides, short trim on top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Mullets = not nice.

But it's all the little knackers with them now.. their straight, bleached mullet goes well with ther trackie and air max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Just back from the gym and there was a woman there with a mullet. Was going to ask her "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY"? But she was bigger than me and I was afraid she'd hurt me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

On the comeback???

As someone who travels this country regularly,i can say they never left some places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Some Muls are great. Ones that are styled aren't. and ones that are permed and 80's German like aren't either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok. It's time to own up.

Who had one?

I'll start the ball rolling by admitting to having had one around the late 80's.

Step right up folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Thats rich commin from you, and you with a mullet!! *rolls eyes*
    My hair is cut the same lenght all over and comes in tighter around my ears. A mullet is were the hair at the back of the head is longer then the rest of the hair on the head.

But I can see how my hair cut does look like a mullet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

A lot of the Polish friends seem to have them.
    There appear to be 2 types of hairstyle in Poland: skinhead or mullet

They are not good - could not take anyone seriously if they had one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rate my mullet

Mullets are great, they are all business up front, party in the back

mullet_blonde_dude.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

fair play to those who have stuck it out by flying the flag for the mullet for all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

omg that must be illegal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Mullets, They havent gone away you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've seen the rare mullet during the years, usually from twavellers. Though the latest is this young fat kid in Sligo town who wanders around the streets with a godawful mullet! I nearly choked on my food with laughter when I first saw him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

boreds wrote:
    Some Muls are great. Ones that are styled aren't. and ones that are permed and 80's German like aren't either.

How can mullets be great, styled or not?. I love all things 80's except the mullett. Horrible, horrible haristyle. saw it on 3 guys near where my parents live and i literaly felt my flesh crawl at the thought that they could 'cough' become fashionable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

One of the greatest Mullets of our times....

http://img.nesteklikk.no/2002-22/34182.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Rats' tails ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Please don't say the 'tail' is coming back into fashion with the mullett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Please don't say the 'tail' is coming back into fashion with the mullett?

I seen it the other day. The guy must have been about 13. I couldnt stop staring at it. it was awful!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The-Rigger wrote:
    Rate my mullet

Mullets are great, they are all business up front, party in the back

mullet_blonde_dude.jpg
    A guy drove past us yesterday looking like that, and I have seen a book in a bookshop called 'Mullet, the king of Haircuts'. UgH!

• Advertisement
Advertisement