Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Question

Options
  • 16-07-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wanted to ask a quick question... my mam is going to add me to her insurance policy so I can drive her car but she has a dent in her door that she hasn't claimed for yet but she does intend to do it in the future. Is there any way that would impact on or stop her adding me? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Hi, just wanted to ask a quick question... my mam is going to add me to her insurance policy so I can drive her car but she has a dent in her door that she hasn't claimed for yet but she does intend to do it in the future. Is there any way that would impact on or stop her adding me? Thanks

Any future or current claim would have no impact on you going onto your mothers insurance. The price you will get will be from the date you go on til the date of renewal. At that stage any claim made on the policy will be taken into account as regards the ENTIRE POLICY and not just the fact that you are a named driver.

The more important issues as regards yourself will be your licence type and age, and the type of car it is.

I work for a motor insurance company, and this should be the same rules for all others. My advice is to ring your mothers insurance company and ask a few questions - have either the reg or policy number before you call.

hope this helps you out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

I also work for an insurance company and this could create alot of problems for YOU.

First things first, if she gonna claim, she'd wanna get her ass in gear, if you don't make yer claim within a certain period, or at least notify the company about the damage, then the company are not gonna handle the claim, we talking 30 days as with some companies.

Secondly, and more importantly, you'll be fine as regards getting onto the policy.

I'd get the claim settled and out of the way and then add yer name to the policy, for every year you are named on yer mums policy you are gonna get that back as an introductory bonus on yer own policy when you start in yer own name. If there's a claim on yer mums policy you can say good bye to that NCB.

A dent on the door can't be that much, compare the Panel Beating qoute to the Excess on the policy and see what you get. And put that against the loss of the NCB

Advertisement