Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Chips

• 16-07-2007 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I am looking for poker set, 500 good quality chips, I think they are called 11.5g clay composite chips, preferably in a case. I am looking for the numbered ones with sensible numbering, e.g. 1, 5, 10, 50, 100. I have seen some numbered 1, 25, 50, 100 and 500, but I don't like the jump between 1 & 25.

Anyone know where I could get these at a good price?

I have come across 2 online stores that sell them, Giftmaster.ie and eDirectory.ie, anyone got any experience of these sites, are they legit/dependable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Of all places, Smyths Toy Store has exactly what you want, or at least used to. Big cases of 500 chips exactly the quality you described, with numbered and non numbered sets if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Slash/ED wrote:
    Of all places, Smyths Toy Store has exactly what you want, or at least used to. Big cases of 500 chips exactly the quality you described, with numbered and non numbered sets if memory serves.

Excellent!, will give them a bash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You are actually better off not having the numbers on them.
    People will quickly remember which colour has which value.

And not having numbers on them enables you to use the same set for family Xmas games where the values might be 1c/2c/5c/10c etc, games with work colleagues where the values might be 50c/€1/€5/€10 etc, and also to use the set for tournament games.

By the way if you are interested in learning more about the game theres a dedicated poker forum on boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=416

AJs

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

You are actually better off not having the numbers on them.
    People will quickly remember which colour has which value.

We will have to agree to differ on this one. It is so much easier (I find) when there is a number on the chip, it can be very distracting, especially early in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

BlueSpud wrote:
    We will have to agree to differ on this one. It is so much easier (I find) when there is a number on the chip, it can be very distracting, especially early in a game.
    I do agree with it though, as there is a standard in colour values:
    white .25c
    blue 1
    red 5
    green 25 (pony)
    black 100 (ton)
    purple 500 (monkey)
    yellow 1,000 (grand)
    grey 5,000

Simply print out a chip values chart and hang it up the wall. From experience I can tell you that new players will be able to work from a chip values chart on the wall. Experienced poker players will very much appreciate the standard colour denominations being used and new players won't have a problem adjusting when they go play poker elsewhere after playing with you.

Note that unfortunately above standard isn't always used, although it should.

jacQues
    (counting hamster)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

BlueSpud wrote:
    I am looking for poker set, 500 good quality chips, I think they are called 11.5g clay composite chips, preferably in a case. I am looking for the numbered ones with sensible numbering, e.g. 1, 5, 10, 50, 100. I have seen some numbered 1, 25, 50, 100 and 500, but I don't like the jump between 1 & 25.

Anyone know where I could get these at a good price?

I have come across 2 online stores that sell them, Giftmaster.ie and eDirectory.ie, anyone got any experience of these sites, are they legit/dependable?

If you order off giftmaster and put "boards" into the coupon box you'll get 10% off!! (we also advertise on boards)

As for legit - we supply most of the cardroom & tournaments in Ireland and are the exclsuive retailer of US playing card product - 1000sq ft showroom open in Athy Business Campus.

Advertisement