Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB and phone wont work together

Options
  • 16-07-2007 12:34pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi folks, i just got connected with BT and am waiting on the modem to be sent out however i had a netgear one so i am using it at the minute and its working fine. However when i put my phone into the micro filter along with the broadband everything grinds to a halt and i have no broadband. Any suggestions?

I am waiting for them to setup the total talk package but i pressume this wouldnt be affecting things.

I have just the phone and broadband connected tot he microfilter then thats going into the phone socket in the wall, no other devices or extensions involved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can you get (borrow or buy) a different phone and plug that in? Could be a dodgy phone. Is it a DECT cordless phone by any chance? These are known to cause problems from time to time. The splitter could also be broken, so using a different one could help. I assume you have the phone and modem plugged into the correct side of the splitter?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Problem sorted. The new modem i got came with a microfilter which seems to be faulty, borrowed one off a mate and all seems to be working ok.

Advertisement