Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres wearing Unevenly

Options
  • 16-07-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

The rear tyres on my 02 Avensis are both wearing on the inside.Ive had the tracking checked on all 4 wheels and this is ok.Also the car recently passed NCT so I assume all bushes etc are ok.I think the only adjustment that can be made on the rear wheels is tracking.What might be the problem.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

balancing?
    tyre pressures?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

high mileage car ? could be springs and shocks wearing out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

Sounds like Bushes may be quite worn. Without them, your tyres can be misaligned on the vertical, and lead to uneven tyre wear, particularly on the inside as the weight of the car acts centrally downward between the two tyres of the axle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Camber adjustment, a bit much for a 02 Avensis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Sounds like Bushes may be quite worn
    I agree except he says it recently passed an NCT (recently as in last month or so or recently Irish style as in last year ?). I really hope with bushes that worn that it would not have passed an NCT. There's no way the tracking will be right either with worn bushes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement