Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My next toy!

• 16-07-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Get rid of the wimmin, we now have the solution... well, not quite but it's a good start. It's a little slow for my liking so you would probably need to have a spare beer glass on hand! Plus it spills and yaps too much like the wimmin!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jaysus, a brother could die of dehydration waiting for that yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Perhaps it works like an alarm clock.

It could wake you up in the afternoon with some nice cool liquid breakfast.......... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

A good idea poorly executed, imo.

Main problems that need to be fixed:

1: You have to get up and actually take the can and glass out of it's "belly". This should be automated.

2: You have to get up to press the buttons to get it working. For God's sake, in this day and age, where's the remote control, eh? :rolleyes:

3: Too slow. Whack a turbocharger or something into it!

4: Too noisy. Needs to be silenced down a good bit otherwise the noise would just end up distracting you from what you're watching on the telly.

5: Look at the size of the cans it uses. :rolleyes: Needs to be able to pour from the bigger cans. And there should be facilities for pouring from bottles, too.

6: Too much spillage. This is an issue that would definitely have to be addressed. Beer must not be wasted, every drop counts!

7, and this is probably the main issue: SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!! I want beer, not a feckin' lecture on how the thing works. If I wanted yapping when my beer is being poured, I'd leave that to the wimmin!

If these issues were fixed, the thing would sell in it's millions, nay, BILLIONS, I'm sure. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

oh dear, that must be from the 80's, there is no way that is brand spanking new, far too slow and talkative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

For the first day it would be a nice novelty, and something you could show off to your friends maybe. But on the second day you'd get so sick to the tits of it you'd end up shoeing it down the road like it was a ginger stepchild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Brother Stky10 - I disagree. That was painful enough to watch with the fast forward button. If I had to watch that thing pour me a beer, I would certainly not be impressed.

Personally, I would prefer Johnny 5.

Plus this robot reminds me of a robot that was the main prize for a competition. I entered that competition and every day in school(Jr. Infants)

I would sit and gaze at the door, hoping my robot would just come in and say "Where is Brother Mear?" and I would say "I am over here" and wave frantically and ever so excited.

That day never came, therefore I dislike this "toy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can think of only one use for this toy: opening and pouring whilst you take a dump. Click the button, and by the time you log out of the white telephone, your beer will have been poured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah - way to slow. But it does show promise, just needs a lot more R&D. They need to think outside the box - just fill it with beer and let it pour the beer into the glass - obvously it's belly is a fridge.

I still prefer the self cooling mini-keg.

Advertisement